Ty plays Thracia 776 (Blind) *COMPLETE!*

Chapter 22: Magic is Everything!

HWCObZH.pngkoXLEub.pngGQEaIsT.pngBjBYhbx.pngupUxYDc.png

This is where the game really turns up the diarrhea dial.

wCvUdxi.png

Our party for this chapter.

4EieqbN.pngjJXGAXI.pngXJT7VJH.png3sWbRZx.pngzS1WqQ5.pngKXO0YrD.pngfad8YCL.pngGaNC1Te.pngVDV5oM8.pngC89rqQZ.pngVsIrvJz.pngoL2rMuc.pngbrvkdJm.pngKmg1g5i.pngfPV986n.pngM3Ynytq.pngajUWpng.png

What are Azel and his kids, chopped liver?

R0n8EQG.pngmBCX27G.pngp41fk9O.png12rh8j3.pnghha0K8K.png6NtdBRw.pngrnD9aTo.pngeH4pGOb.pngxzcxuzt.pngar3mJyf.pngI8kKpl2.pngNECUYdp.png

No idea if this conversation changes if Olwen died or was never recruited.

CPteUga.png36AR5ps.pngrBDlOR9.pnggD7rMSP.pngUBNUOLK.png0kRW3bi.pngVNM8R7m.pngSHRywPl.pngYwYo8a0.pngdCFF5dR.pngL7dVCmR.png

"Earth Mother Ethniu"? I don't recall that name ever coming up in Genealogy. Is she related to Mila and Duma?

WiQpSGe.pngbev25ZF.png72yKRvD.pngon1Jg7g.pngGh0ExHo.pngxYkBoEn.pngkiXxUUm.png4RIxRSR.pngrkmB7pa.pngsDK3liU.pngcssSwie.pngoIqrpVM.pnghabI7Y4.pngGCaw3Eh.pngXGGjnxb.pngx80QQfd.png

Our inventories for this chapter. We're bringing along a shitload of Restore Staffs, Blizzard tomes, and anything else that can inflict or cure status ailments. Let the music play!

WHXcNi8.pngY86o3d7.png7S4eOBI.png

On the east side of the river is Saias, whom we technically haven't fought yet in this timeline. Just like in Chapter 17a, his ten leadership stars make him a dire threat, even moreso than his Sleep and Silence Staffs. Amusingly, despite inheriting major Fjalar blood, he would be unable to wield Valflame due to his class. theydonothing;

ONspGSL.pngUAkIPTA.pngUZk7tMj.png

Guarding the castle directly above Saias is his maternal grandfather, Cohen. He's sort of the opposite of his grandson in that his leadership stars aren't as dangerous as the weapons he wields, especially the rarely-seen Berserk Staff.

GnbrGPH.pngvm7fJ7j.pngrobxpeO.png

Last, but definitely not least: You know him. You fear him. You're sick of seeing him in Aether Raids. He went from nothing more than the boss of this chapter to one of the most infamous characters in the entire series, solely due to his appearance in Heroes. The only Jugdral character to have more than one alt. Ladies and gentlemen: The one, the only: Reinhardt! If you thought his Heroes incarnation was overpowered, hoo boy, you sweet summer child! You ain't seen nothing yet! Here, he's able to wield both Dire Thunder and the Master Sword at the same time, has five leadership stars to boost the morale of the other Mage Knights, five movement stars to activate the music note whenever the RNG feels like it, Adept and Accost which stack with both of his weapons' brave effects, Vantage to always attack first, and Pavise to randomly block your attacks, even though he's neither a General nor a Baron! Think you can just cheese him with Sleep or Silence Staffs? Think again: his Mag is capped; those only work if the target's Mag is lower than the user's!

EHNRtfT.png6GDEGoc.pngpHCi557.png

In loving memory of the Hammerne Staff: Chapter 3 - Chapter 22. May it rest in peace.

ZJ66FWe.pngHEVPNAV.png7V5LrDj.pngpgO46gp.png

Out of all the status ailments at our enemies' disposal, Berserk is by far the most dangerous, so I prioritize removing it from their arsenal with Tina's Thief Staff.

7pM3nbu.pngcKpYg5r.pngpB8rk3r.png

There are two Michael Bolting clones near the southwestern corner of the map, one of which is Silenced by Salem.

TOVfBIt.pnghUfoFex.png2gY3Arx.pngT4tQJ41.png

Borrowing a Silence Staff from Safiya, Linoan does the same.

jiM8fNq.pngJCjPuZr.pngD7f0CVA.pngu4NZ3gZ.pngh1RlfqC.png5oiXPFt.pngrpIzsgS.png

After measuring the Ballistician's attack range, I move the entirety of my army down south...

ZDXt60d.pnggYPsPce.png

...except for Shanam, who will spend most of this chapter standing in the corner. He's in time-out.

Nhi5Rpx.png

What are those Soldiers doing? Why are they running away from us?

CMhaBmZ.pngludZMtt.pngjRb6uKr.png

Callion becomes the first victim of a Sleep Staff, and he more than likely won't be the last.

pGhl1Pa.pngqCs0BdI.pngVmBc8Ru.pngi2Os4xR.pngrRbNMg0.pngDiSNOeb.png

After waking up from his nap, Callion visits this house and gets a Pure Water.

CmfTAqX.pngrNvtWit.png4l9i7q5.pngOzYcLwF.png

Olwen passes the Warp Staff from Tina to Linoan...

P1hUEzO.png98It3zr.pngZZSUsaB.pngqXaszm7.pngyGTWrt8.png

...allowing Linoan to Warp Xavier down south to kill one of the Ballisticians.

yV6NrBI.png4mtjPb7.pngxMxOcaV.pngArWptPY.pngx3Hy94q.png

She then gets danced and Warps Karin down to kill another Ballistician...

sYZFVc3.pngVW7Pleu.png

...and then Canto onto the spot where he once stood, putting herself completely out of harm's way!

j2h0mk2.png5wzfAYw.pngg6K0rZx.pngJD5pLvX.png

Finn and Dean kill two of the Soldiers, while staying out of range of the other three Ballisticians.

9moLDGR.pngna7e9Tw.png

Everyone else continues to move south.

BecCiPZ.png

The two remaining Soldiers continue to run away. Just what are they up to?

BFe7tWI.pngV1msGci.png

Xavier gets crat by a Hero, only to counter with a crit of his own. That Paragon Sword would've been nice to steal, but the only member of our team who has yet to hit the level cap is a Sage, so we really don't need it.

MaZBPAF.pngjVicCwO.png

Xavier then gets hit by two Ballista shots, putting him near death...

h1pB0JF.png

...and then gets hit for exactly one damage by a Sniper wielding a Master Bow. theydonothing;

fyPB0VS.pnggaRM1AK.pngLTviXij.pngEykn384.png

I can do this all day, you know. You'll get tired of this a lot sooner than I will.

gbN8uyw.pngBvNsKo3.png

After waking Callion up for the second time, Tina activates the music note and heals Xavier with her Physic Staff.

y1ki1De.png9t7XIvB.pngEkoevf1.pngG6n7nW5.pngKzYolBC.pngsPLvSLL.png

Xavier, Karin, and Dean then take out the three Ballisticians in the southwest corner, which is now safe from long-ranged hazards.

18qPQLY.png

However, this leaves Dean at the mercy of the Master Bow Sniper.

Rfa6Brs.png5dlaNLD.pngi93tfYv.png

Therefore, I have Linoan Warp Lithis down, aaaannnnd...

q7Por6B.png

WHADDAYA MEAN, HE CAN'T STEAL IT? wut; ITS WEIGHT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS HIS CON!

khukUSE.pngrvQmYEl.pngGbzwvBA.png

Assblaster Asbel uses one of his Blizzard Tomes to put the Sniper to sleep.

fH7FaNq.png

Not so tough now, are ya?

ehdBfHV.pngRS6nN3B.png

Finn takes out the second-to-last Soldier.

9lBTL5H.pngLGqRLPp.pngTnY4wNj.png

Everyone else prepares to cross the bridge.

Ny87kFC.png

A General near where the Ballisticians were goes after Karin, but neither manages to land a hit on the other.

1kEBDUj.png

DAMNIT, SAIAS, STOP PICKING ON CALLION!

vJF6KEk.pngEs58Q0b.pngdegDyHG.pngAh5c3g3.png

Dean and Karin capture the silenced Michael Bolting clones.

9ydN8qq.png9ptClq1.pngww1wW9w.png

Conveniently, there's a convoy right next to us where we can deposit our prisoners' belongings after stealing them.

0jvv15p.pngo2tyElQ.png

Finn kills the final Soldier. Whatever their plan was, it's foiled now.

ZeVWzti.pngOPoObuq.png

Now it's Safiya's turn to wake Callion up.

DJDIjDz.pngCn2UolU.png

As we move toward the bridge, we'll want to equip weapons that are strong against horses and armor.

60ktV6k.pngZGIZ28u.pngYZRYu3Q.png

With Saias having broken his Sleep Staff, Tina steals Cohen's Blizzard Tome to prevent anymore shenanigans.

4AyVjiU.png3sPsbtE.pngxAxjBbI.png

Sarah tops off Xavier's HP, earning a level-up.

uLs8Ohz.pngk6acBRJ.pngJauPKp2.pngey1D80M.pngSxVUern.pngW1xRabi.png2nLrNmK.pngiJHjtFT.png

After almost getting killed by an Armor Knight wielding a Poleaxe, Finn manages to survive four more rounds of combat, taking off half of a Bow Knight's HP in the process.

zSz4Utb.pngOw9Gvis.pngU5rAOmI.png

The two remaining Bow Knights go after Leif instead.

aJMSGSo.pngByC3iil.pngJ3aFWY3.png45ubsO4.png

After releasing one of the prisoners, Sarah moves down to kill the General, earning a level-up.

54zrnBJ.pngoAMcJhk.png9bY1rox.png7V0ZNgm.pngY2yQsRx.pngUSCPYst.png4IX5Uwr.pngVVOXifs.pnghxla49e.png

Running gags aside, this house here is basically the game's way of saying, "Hey, there are a bunch of really strong enemies up ahead, so if you wanna Warp-skip this chapter, we won't hold it against you." I, however, am above such cheap tactics. I'm going to clear this chapter like a real man!

6lyM0oe.pngVKa6BaM.pngQIPNxMV.png8d08VHa.pngn63vZ6o.png

After Leif takes out the Poleaxe Armor Knight, Finn kills the Bow Knight and Cantos onto the fort on the right. Even though there are two forts, only one of them will spawn enemy reinforcements.

Ii3JIl7.pngdKADs8n.pngnFwZ6Fp.png71Js1Hk.png

Olwen and Asbel kill and tranquilize the remaining Poleaxe Armor Knights, respectively.

kzZ6WDm.pngpz1k6xL.png

As Xavier moves in front of Asbel to protect him, Salem rearranges his inventory so that Asbel no longer has a Blizzard Tome equipped, and can thus counter if he gets attacked by Bow Knights.

jTpUeji.pngPeGnuw6.png

Salem then gives Finn a much-needed and well-deserved heal.

6lPrI08.pngeBEpSnt.png

So does Safiya, for good measure.

2fpkbMT.pngWsU7Je3.pngdIJz1rE.pngXLG3GHi.pngTFpTUMP.pngq8rekAd.png

Leif gets hit by an arrow and a Ballista shot, but shrugs it off. The Bow Knights ignore Asbel, meaning that Salem fucking with his inventory was pointless.

bt9KLGE.pngUCZVq9C.png

After restoring Asbel's inventory to normal, Salem tops off Leif's HP.

EsjTxCK.pngbwwCltV.png

Asbel then kills a Bow Knight at melee range.

Aa5s6So.pngKrQtY6K.pngTZYYlp5.png14Nzk3y.png

Finn and Leif kill the two Armor Knights that are still awake.

pkpJigT.pngLxWYMdg.pngjg9RYVW.pngBNUIZhu.pngfp0fnbe.png8OKn8Lm.pngnc1hjHA.pngMYW97rl.pngGkY0w7K.pngTjq43lj.png

For the next several turns, we're going to place our bulkiest units within the attack range of the three Ballisticians on the east side of the map, and wait for them to run out of ammo.

yddBsTY.pngCS0dLgl.pngQwN8HjT.png

While that's going on, there's still one last Priest for us to rob.

QG8OhiT.pngFG2pnxU.pngLfrJXNz.png

A bunch of cavalry spawn at the start of enemy phase, so I have Finn prepare accordingly.

yixlMhW.png

But what's this? They're ignoring him!

vuSgvDZ.png

Maybe they're going after Xavier?

wbzJEwT.pngvFuH0Qz.png

No, they're horny for Finn, too.

DGCI1u8.png

This is the first time I've ever managed to capture Pavise in a screenshot.

lwqesxp.png1LizwmH.png

Good, that's one down.

63CDdc9.pngFzh2Hj9.pngB8Tnohx.png

Finn briefly steps off the fort to kill a Bow Knight, then Cantos back onto it.

PLSksjh.png

Xavier soon follows.

wNgTiYv.pngMtNGhkF.png

Two down, one more to go!

vL5tnlK.pngFYAr73I.png5aLkwIU.png

Xavier kills a Bow Knight, and gets healed.

r0Q0oNl.png

The next few turns are going to be a bit repetitive, so I'll just cut ahead to when the reinforcements stop spawning.

gpLHPcL.pngbOT0jRQ.pngEuZdRdX.png

All right, good! All three Ballisticians are out of ammo!

eUX8fUn.pngcEIQ0LT.png6jLKFol.pngljbUVhn.pngQteifO3.pngtQY2uQY.pngSBnGBXS.png5zgcBip.png

Now lets clean up the remaining reinforcements and bring the rest of our party across the bridge.

XZdWWzU.pngal2RGWH.png

Finn and Karin kill the last two reinforcements.

AOZNo8c.png

Now we're going to sit here doing absolutely nothing for about nineteen more turns.

ak2Hpjb.pngM6kYGoO.pngGvIO6y0.png4cUJVyy.pngcS62WET.png

At the end of turn 40, Saias will get teleported away, taking his leadership stars with him.

Z4yO0VD.pngarsvFia.png6xXIvcX.pngACLrGIN.png

After carefully measuring Reinhardt's movement range, we take a deep breath and move our army to this little peninsula above the bridge.

JDFCT1v.pngZtSNnWs.pngVPrO8YD.pngpuFwGJx.png

The bridge to the far west disappears, trapping us between Reinhardt's men and the river!

i33Wryq.png7Iy7uig.pngCBoimCW.pnguT7CuaX.pngsReJ3zy.png

Ready or not, here they come!

OBQDppz.png8gLEjUf.png

After surviving the previous turn, I have Olwen talk to Reinhardt.

QmGxk2W.pngNaaz64T.png4wrZDx2.pnga0we6qo.pngq8bn1X1.pngppPaIpa.png1Lo9sCK.png3Lb1oSw.pngHzoeZGs.pngpQ3pHNK.png7RalSVH.png1byQFFW.pngPwrwOYV.pngkOLoVHT.pngAMTYmnR.pngXRThwJV.png2HnNxdm.pnglFzUuhW.pngJZ0yeIY.pngT1IeJnB.pngvaFnWIP.pngYIO8l8M.png6LpVNfI.png

As someone whose baby sister recently left for college, this scene actually got to me quite a bit. The bittersweet music certainly didn't help.

OnTmN09.pnghJbv6Bd.png

We'll take a look at what the Blessed Sword does later. For now, Olwen discards the broken Thoron and Cantos onto this tree.

U8Wc020.png0GfJiM8.pngNHbEd5s.png

ASBEL! NOW!

fhvseZT.png

GET HIM, DEAN!

e8yDObp.png54z4awm.pngrnVOZWN.png0JRZJgw.pnghZCbfuu.pngPYAxLs5.png7SP6N5M.pngf9DdZBX.pngTYKFIaj.pngD5tJdqT.pngGO1DDSH.pngyavRfYf.png74vQU1x.png

KILL AS MANY AS YOU CAN! TAKE NO PRISONERS!

FpeStKD.pngccNn6RW.png

...except Reinhardt, of course. A Master Sword and an extra copy of Dire Thunder? Gawd dayum!

QemMhqU.pngbNigfRp.png4ixmHFF.pngHHGm0hH.png0pKzsOp.pngRmlJ7PC.pngptxA4M6.pngYUItM3Z.pngWG24lJM.pngUfuMSxm.pngdJ7c87U.pngff9H1Vt.png

We then perform a series of trade-chains to put all but two of the Gelbenritter out of commission, culminating in a level-up for Sarah.

HMa7usL.pngb2UMAUb.png4NQDahq.png

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT! wut;RE-LOAD!

p9QKzwC.pngZBHAO9R.pngIQOGwS9.pngQW44ckI.pngsaMW3jj.pngkMGCgFs.png

This time, Olwen activates the music note after talking to Reinhardt, setting off a chain-reaction that results in no Mage Knights being left alive... or with their vocal cords intact. Same difference. Sarah's level-up comes from Fortify instead of Silence.

H3kFJW7.png8McA4Ja.png

*sigh* Here we go again... re-load.

faeNjf0.pngyn5L9qa.pngevEjH9h.pngQWtp5nE.pngbrOF9KG.pngc4rtABV.pngoHY85eC.png

New plan: once Reinhardt is asleep, kill these two Mage Knights and run!

nYX7QTC.png1g11TJb.png

Only Olwen is left within the Gelbenritter's attack range.

ny1zhuQ.pngcFNqiTX.pngaQvkcBG.pngxumi8F4.pnguZgUis5.png

Despite taking quite a beating, she survives!

HYLTMBi.png1DMLuop.pngqmnouXB.pngtqEuKEC.png8cZCTPG.png3pNqpHV.pngdqQfdP4.pngarnwieB.png

After our fliers kill two of the Mage Knights, we Silence the other three.

qSIaDH4.pngsKYotAO.png

This level-up to 7 for Sarah is her best one yet, as this time she actually increased her Defense.

GCddyt6.pngE5z6jEx.pngABrJ1p7.pngmzvXoJd.png

Now the only one left in the range of those Ridersbane-wielding Paladins is Dean, who proceeds to snap one of their spines over his knee like a twig.

fhLmatx.pngh6pB4Sa.pngpEZLCMz.pngeDRB6uv.pnghldW2Vz.pngsYepEuN.pngH4XtO9O.pngnVAwCms.pngJ4LDCO8.png6RFdjsZ.pngkG5apDn.pngmhoylk1.pngQ28feuq.pngklwRkHZ.pngDVCdTJy.pngGiBehi9.pngHEotCsa.pngkW401VA.pngKQsf7yy.png

For the next dozen turns or so, Sarah is going to heal any stray wounds and beat up the defanged Ballisticians and Mage Knights for EXP.

vJPmB4m.pngskfFQzY.png

Two down, one to go.

5U0dH81.pngcEz2D19.png

After capturing and stripping Reinhardt of his possessions, we release him.

CTRAgh3.png

If you only knew. theydonothing;

3ONrXdR.pngISnkLMV.png

Victory is near! But we still have a few errands to run before we deal with Cohen.

Uw3s2bd.pngXw03m9I.png2vDUGQu.pngy2TKJCh.pngJV344lP.pngc1ooO7i.png

By visiting the house to the south, we can get a continuation of the "crushin' crusaders" running gag, leaving only two left. More importantly, we get a Rescue Staff.

NlGPOyF.png

After reflecting on what a bad boy he's been, Shanam is released from time-out.

2A2GmP1.pngfAk1uTF.pngk70IUzU.pngSAFWMEh.pngqCN4tzt.pngNNfRDCd.png

Karin carries Sarah all the way back across the map and withdraws the Sleep Edge from the convoy.

uNraCqm.pngTAgjyx7.png

It's now time for one last round of Arena abuse.

uQOTKv5.pngrlrFNoR.png

Once Sarah hits the level cap, it's finally time for Shanam to put his Bargain skill to use.

4UcfVn1.png

We finally have a shop that sells Master Seals, right when we no longer have any use for them.theydonothing; Instead, we're going to stock up on Light Tomes, the rarest element in the game.

jrBWz7z.pnghRjk5K3.pngoFlWHjU.png

Once Karin passes the Sleep Edge to Leif, it's finally time to fight the boss.

TPE7b7h.pngyrSCyvQ.pngQzvkRmz.png

Wait, what?! wut; Why is he still awake?! Don't tell me I broke the Sleep Edge for nothing?!

FOSzjUo.pngTgNBnGr.png

Fine, no Master Lance for us. I'll just take that Restore Staff as a consolation prize.

tR9v83B.pngNNi2XCm.pngiwlzRpr.png2sO2pM1.png

Cohen then meets his end via a pair of Vantage-crits from Lithis's Rapier.

6aIi4xE.pngnaMMWwM.pngVJ2lmrQ.pngGxGCQce.png

Kind of a disappointingly short cutscene considering how long and difficult the chapter was.

Chapter 23: No, Seriously, Fuck You Ced

AxL13b9.pngj1NX17c.pngWbHbsxI.pngUj4cmgN.pnghwDCgEd.png5N0N32w.pngNV3bCFD.pngSCYxvnT.pngVTkXFDe.pngSdacvek.pngltJj61J.pngd6d9cph.png

Before we begin, let's take a look at the final stats of our endgame party:

5RuztyO.png

Leif was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning, he broke his arms, and every afternoon, he broke his legs. At night, he would lie awake in agony until his heart attacks would put him to sleep. However, through vigorous training, a few stat rings, and liberal usage of the Crusader Scrolls, he eventually became the unit you see here, almost equal to his bootleg counterpart. While it kinda sucks that his Light Brand is powered by his abysmal Mag stat, it's almost broken anyway. Besides, he'll soon be getting an even better personal weapon.

CuIDjGd.png

Finn the Human has somehow managed to avoid breaking his Brave Lance for all this time, but as this is the last outdoor map in the game, that time is about to come to an end. Since he never bothered to train his Sword Rank, this may be the last hurrah for not only the Brave Lance, but also for Finn himself.

mJCT402.png

Despite numerous name changes, Orsin is every bit as awesome as my old friend from NS2 hyped him up to be. His Bhuj has exactly half of its uses remaining, which I will try to conserve for the final chapters.

ZGI8c1o.png

Safiya's Hammerne Staff may no longer be with us, but our first healslut is still one of our best. However, her below-average Luck necessitated putting a Crusader Scroll in her inventory to prevent enemy crits.

VLYL35W.png

Whether it be opening doors and chests during the prison arc, or being our Dancer, it's hard to argue that any unit in our entire army contributed as much to our cause as Lara did. She may not have the best Strength, but in the rare cases that she does find herself in combat, her Speed is sure to keep her enemies at bay.

TBaOiri.png

Another MVP from the prison arc, Fergus's class has allowed him to remain useful even during indoor maps. I haven't yet had a chance to see what he can do with the Beo Blade, but at only two uses short of brand new, he'll have plenty of time to show it off.

S5O3Ly1.png

Assblaster Asbel still has a few uses of Grafcalibur leftover from the prison arc, and also has a decent stock of Blizzard Tomes to put enemies to sleep. His only downside is that his Staff Rank isn't as high as our other healsluts, so he can't use as many of the game-breaking ones like Warp or Silence.

hryVKLu.png

Similar to Fergus, Nanna's combat ability is also unhindered by indoor maps. She may not have as much Mag as our other healsluts, but she doesn't need it to use Warp, Rescue, and Restore effectively.

hTXSijI.png

Perfect 20s across the board in everything but Mag, this will be Callion's last chance to use lances. Despite being at the level cap, he can still take advantage of the Paragon Sword's secondary effect of providing +5 Defense.

VbMLsDe.png

Pan lacks the Dancer utility of Lara and the raw strength of Lithis, but makes up for it with decent stats all-around.

AWJZhhH.png

After that encounter with her brother, Olwen is more than prepared to take on whatever challenges the rest of the game may throw at her. In addition to the Dire Thunders and Boltings you see here, we also have plenty of Thorons in the convoy. We'll go over what the Blessed Sword does soon.

RaNFmSt.png

Looking back, it may have been a mistake to abuse the stealing EXP so early in the game, as Lithis didn't yet have access to the Crusader Scrolls, and his overall stats suffered for it. However, he still capped his Strength and Speed, and has the highest Con among all our Thieves, which will enable him to disarm a good deal of enemies that he can't kill.

pI3QEIP.png3BckIOP.png

Much like Finn, this is also the last map where we'll get to use our fliers. Karin has better stats overall, but Dean still has a few uses of his Dragonpike remaining, which I might as well use now since the rest of the game takes place indoors.

yImUvG0.png

MageKnight404's waifu has a below-average number of uses of her Nosferatu tome, but has better overall stats than Safiya. Not like it really matters, since her primary purpose is to be a healslut.

S10t4z4.png

Salem is the odd-one-out among our A-rank staff users in that he traded their capped Luck for above-average Defense. I tried to raise up his Dark Rank so he could wield Fenrir, but it didn't work out.

ZZDN82C.png

Mareeta has the second-highest number of uses remaining for her personal weapon, along with almost-perfect 20s across the board. What more could you want?

ivsrEKH.png

In addition to being able to use all the utility staffs, Tina has plenty of Unlock Staffs remaining, which will be extremely useful for opening chests and doors.

Ipaix1Q.png

Like Tina, Sarah also has an extremely valuable personal staff, which we haven't found yet. She also has slightly better Defense than some of our non-physical units, though sending her to the front lines is still a bad idea.

j8i3sHI.png

And last, but not least, here's Xavier. As the most difficult unit in the entire series to recruit, I made him worth it. Our best bow-user also has some useful skills in the form of Accost, Pavise, and Wrath.

EIX4sGy.png

Now that you've seen our party overall, here's who were bringing into this chapter.

I must also correct myself on an error I made in the previous episode, where I said that there were still two Crusaders remaining in the "Jumpin' Jehosephat" running gag. As it turns out, all twelve of them have already been accounted for:

hAUVoE8.pngZwcVMAv.pngzVOjPIO.pngw9wsvQ4.pngLqZVO2S.pngPpvvFyY.pngU9q73l2.pngYdByBNj.pngWYNfLSZ.pngDaZzVDA.pngoAMcJhk.pngXw03m9I.png

But Lactatin' Loptous, I've gone on for too long, so let's just get the chapter started already!

l5BZU8C.pngDFZx5UD.pngYfdRjvz.pngVVUlI92.pngyJj1ZNi.pngIaaxCOx.pngdIjbFEm.png66e0AjZ.pnggAmvgrx.png0LUGbuK.pnghJJEdda.pngMfWjvI9.pngKhP6NUd.pngyJFKr8x.pngzapNr94.pngL1PTTyi.pngInzEQt4.pngXB3SxAH.pngLjSySeM.pngV2N2Lwx.pngVeWB46m.pnghIBTflB.pngdiDnV4W.pngIn0aWUV.png

After that cutscene, Saias walks out of the castle, around the enemies, before finally coming to a stop next to the children.

fjcaMZH.pngjGFj1Xh.pngjMwcA2T.pngsWPhkXD.pngn3VderD.png3JjdnIS.pngBcQvQE3.pngXXk1blf.pngZ4HLJ4I.pngOhQ792x.pngaIKgYMV.png8nv9b2o.pngBFWBUum.pngM0WL5Wf.png

This chapter takes place simultaneously with Chapter 8 of Genealogy. For comparison, here is the entire World Map of this game.

HqX6jZ3.pngu4WGVvZ.png30qt02h.png

Over here, we gain control of Saias. Even though his leadership stars have been cut in half, just being on the field will provide a huge boost to our Hit and Avoid rates. One of the side-objectives of this map is to have Leif talk to him.

4dNGmCs.png

Fortunately, the children spawn right out of Ballistician range.

ZYAa21N.pngMCQ0nmS.png

However, there are two Sorcerers here equipped with Sleep Staffs, which we'll want to do something about.

zByfN5v.pngSN9ESm7.png

In addition to a Silence Staff, Alphand is also equipped with a Hel tome, which reduces the target's HP to one. Even if we were to have Tina use her Thief Staff to steal it, Salem wouldn't be able to use it because it's considered Alphand's personal weapon. We also can't just Silence him because he's standing on a gate.

MjEC9OR.pngL92XOOQ.pngF4hNP5i.pngQrF7tvS.pngtZ9OvFq.png

Right off the bat, we'll use two of our own Silence Staffs to neutralize the two Sorcerers.

p6VRqUK.pnggUt970r.pngYSXurQv.png

Next, we'll have Safiya Warp Dean over to one of these houses in the northeast corner of the map.

QGf2SVL.pngdmaYqKK.pngaGcOWid.png

Despite what the villager says, the Physic Staff has all of its uses.

ijHIbZ5.pngaoehUIt.pngGNqvlIs.png34pUxDQ.png8we6NHr.pngD4eeCNw.pngk9jCxs0.pngmFuOiNy.pngXqH5dKL.pngcaNswax.png

The two houses that we start out by contain nothing but flavor text.

eQDWUxb.pngeMO9p0F.pnge6z7BTY.png

Beneath the three Ballisticians, Saias crits the General to death at point-blank range, earning a level-up.

mmkZBdH.png

This also puts him out of range for two out of three Ballisticians.

wWhJruX.pngUe8Nj78.pngT1bIo6I.png

Olwen tries to kill one of them with Bolting, but leaves him alive with a sliver of health instead.

Qw6GYEZ.pngYlFPoFh.pngjJ0dK9k.png

She then gets danced and kills the one that actually posed a threat to Saias with a crit.

IGr8NSr.pngdpkUaL0.png

However, even after Cantoing away, both she and Lara are left within their attack range.

mA1dEIT.pngWxiYjXe.png

Therefore, I have Karin rescue Lara, and move Fergus down to draw fire away from Olwen.

2WwLCoR.pngBiOlRXi.png

Lithis then removes her from Karin's shoulders.

2w6mVX9.pngSpdizRL.pngA3SDPMR.png

Time to start heading south.

IDwzRUE.pngoidOJ1v.png

Olwen manages to avoid one of the Ballisticians, but gets poisoned by the other.

CTGVpv4.png

The brigade of cavalry move in a counter-clockwise pattern to go after Saias.

R1mA5CQ.pngFewthnN.png

Due to her below-average Mag, Nanna gets Silenced.

Xq5W9ya.pngZNoMV3M.png

The children will attempt to move south towards the same spot that we're trying to get to.

xUtEbTF.pngwZ1I5IZ.png1qybhs4.pngb4tUAs9.png

Inside house number two is a Pure Water.

yXHQwDk.pngrUTufL5.pngzNaMQR9.pngZ4jtU6U.png

Saias can't handle that many enemies on his own, so Safiya Warps Finn over to help him out.

bmAzSSR.pngFpXcrrn.pngFsxDSTh.pngrcseoKf.pngXVFEXBC.png2nf2ra5.png

Olwen finishes off one of the Ballisticians, then Cantos backwards a few feet to get healed.

aRiR0VZ.pngYGt7ma8.png

Saias tries to kill the remaining one, but fucks it up.

4qsmerX.pngTnLt20S.png

After measuring his attack range, I move Karin to this tree just outside of it.

BRnHNDk.pngYAihAQ2.png

But right after I hit "end turn"...

ty5IkIO.pngTIHK0UP.pngmQaegln.png

It then cuts to a scripted battle:

2X624Q7.pngUc2Tox7.png

Ced instantly kills Alphand with a crit from Forseti, robbing us of not only our EXP, but also our chance to steal his Silence Staff. Not that we needed the EXP since we're all at the cap, but it's the principle of the thing!

DUYOf8q.pngsUSzD4l.pngQWWzQF4.pngO2pI2zV.png

Finn gets crat by one of the Duke Knights, only to counter with a crit of his own.

ZAHLLei.png4afrXFn.pngOYk9rkW.png

However, after killing another Great Knight, he breaks his Brave Lance, causing him to miss the remainder of his counterattacks. Fortunately, he survives.

u6n3KxS.pngr9AUfBK.pngAkGeVED.png

That's two stolen boss kills in one turn! Fuck you Ced!

ZR1BptU.pngg4sOLdD.png

At least he doesn't move from the castle. If he killed the Sorcerers before we could steal their Sleep Staffs, I would've been really pissed.

AIbRTn0.pngQuV5EaX.pngOwmzjJ7.pngOpAh4P5.pnggRIwXks.png

After getting a Vulnerary from house number three, Dean Cantos as far south as he can to lend Finn and Saias a helping hand.

osxyEyW.pngC72u5J4.png

Okay, now Saias kills the last Ballistician.

oWaQEf7.pnglikweFx.png2JJzpBl.png

After Finn kills one of the Bow Knights, it's now safe for Karin to fly over and join the orgy of violence.

97oigR2.pngMkml6Ju.png

Salem Physics Finn.

qV2GLGH.png7OGSLx0.png

Nanna retreats a few feet to get Restored.

BZ4kSdK.pngXQ1IJgf.png

At the start of enemy phase, a Duke Knight and a Great Knight spawn from the two forts directly above where the Ballisticians used to be, along with a bunch of Sorcerers randomly scattered around the map.

uj2PiPY.png

One of said Sorcerers fails to poison Pan.

D4mNGND.pngTesr88f.png

Karin kills both the Duke and Great Knights with a Wrath-fueled Ridersbane.

Nkasu4C.pngmPIOS8r.pngq7lzkxD.png

With his Brave Lance broken, Finn has to resort to his dinky Steel Lance, which lacks the Might needed to one-hit kill the other cavalry.

66JebTi.pngZ7iPqpn.png

I'm not entirely sure where the children are trying to get to. There doesn't seem to be any sort of escape point.

BhCjIkp.png5m4yGI6.pngkUA2jK8.png

Safiya uses her Rescue Staff on Saias so Leif can talk to him.

ggH4zKW.pngfIsUpki.pngs0BfiDZ.pngyVE3cVs.pngwshr4WP.pngP0COAPC.pngbFUeEeo.pngoUC8iTU.pngsNc5kMJ.pngrW5lh37.pngdCmYvu8.pngSp1Cb3J.pngn7l967c.pngclaFazL.pngA3dBAyS.png

And with that, we obtain Bragi's Blade, which is basically this game's equivalent of the Falchion. Don't get too excited, though: plot importance aside, it's just an Armorslayer with a built-in Miracle effect.

WAKvODz.pngFZc3ImZ.png

Speaking of personal weapons, Dean uses the Dragonpike to kill the remaining Bow Knight.

mVJf4bO.png

He then activates the music note and captures one of the silenced Sorcerers.

PdFa4q1.png

So does Karin.

VSMNO5U.pngFjlIhfJ.png

As for the other Sorcerers that spawned during enemy phase, they don't even have Rewarp Staffs, so they're not worth capturing.

4nqN9gn.png9aAbobN.pngxGIAQvO.png

Instead, I'll use them as a guinea pig to test out Olwen's Blessed Sword! The Brave effect and effectiveness against horses is great, but what's the point of giving her +10 Mag if it's a physical weapon?

LA5rvl8.pngM75UAyh.pnggO82DKK.png

As we make our way up the hill, let's rescue any children we can reach so that way they don't get killed by same-turn reinforcements.

McpAsZA.pngkkb2LDI.pngKWPaF0E.png

Finn attacks of the Duke Knights, and Cantos toward the two forts.

0ijsOuy.pngk6dW75n.png

This time it's Karin's turn to get Physic'd.

K2zr0hm.pngOPpghsa.pngekT4e5a.pnghlVQxOH.png

The cavalry that Finn didn't kill waste their turns using Vulneraries.

UPDxbaQ.png

Leif is able to dodge a Jormungand...

DL8eL30.pngqil054w.png

...but Dean and Finn both get poisoned.

eQib4NQ.pngQmnXgXc.png

Dean kills a Duke Knight thanks to the Dragonpike's Brave Vantage effect.

kRhaiby.png3O7x0kO.png

dOZJiUE.pngp5jCi9z.pngJC9XLQ5.pngSgwzGfb.pngbeC6dxb.png

Safiya Rescues Dean so Leif can rob and release his prisoner.

7a81XJM.pngJi5oCg7.png

She then gets danced to cure Dean's poison.

2S0dCRz.pngPwNjILh.png

After swiping the Sleep Staff from her prisoner, Karin Cantos to this tree next to the castle.

mvdvcPy.png

Finn moves onto this fort not only to plug it up, but also to cancel out the effects of being poisoned.

mWphoIB.pngud1uLne.png

Olwen unequips her Blessed Sword so she can counterattack during enemy phase.

iDIeOb7.pngi1uHM22.pngI20KgCR.pngKcpWsyk.png

Dean kills a Sorcerer, then Cantos next to Ced to get Physic'd by his mistress.

gOuYfci.png05GRLHa.png

Nanna does the same to her dad.

Yt9sTtH.png

We can ignore this Thief. We've already visited all the houses, so there's nothing left for him to pillage.

8sqSTPp.pngmNu9tDV.png9toj4kw.pngIwE5nbw.png

Best enemy phase we've had all game. Not a single attack hit us.

OQz26eU.png8aCyoFv.png

8oNDjts.pngt3Yo220.png

Now it's time to make a decision. If Ced talks to Leif, he will join the party, but Saias will leave. We cannot recruit both in a single playthrough. Ced comes with the Forseti Tome, which is every bit as broken as it was in Genealogy, but does not have Saias's leadership stars. In other words, you're choosing between the ability to make your entire party stupidly overpowered, or recruit a single unit who's extremely stupidly overpowered.

j4GhWem.pnghMoDD19.png

For me, I'm choosing quantity over quality. Dean rescues Ced and transfers him to Olwen so he can't recruit himself by talking to Leif.

UvY1PnG.pngUpJ41XY.png

Finn moves from one fort to the other to kill a Great Knight.

zc4jWXv.pngRcQBYye.png

Moving up the hill, we rescue a few more kids.

cnovKe5.pngDgdXn11.png

Leif kills a Sorcerer with a crit.

sQn182m.pngqsgaBQm.pngs5QHfi4.png

Lara dances for Dean so he can fly above the castle and kill a Sorcerer.

HYSmcGa.pngqysNm4A.pngJlUiklG.png

Ah, so there is an escape point.

TCQnT2S.png

Unfortunately, due to being weighed down by Ced, Olwen gets poisoned.

UhPqgBx.pngH2ikEW3.png

At least Finn and Lara are able to dodge.

Unx7wml.png

A Great Knight commits sudoku by attacking Dean.

plArnu3.pngVfcGUdr.png

Can we talk for a second about what a shitty retainer Dean has been for Arion? First he fucks his fiancee, and then he breaks the Dragonpike that he entrusted him with! When Arion finds out about this, he's gonna be pissed!

E4N7e3U.pngrx6bLc0.pngAcyp6Nn.pngNdSqdSv.pngVEy1mKx.pngLAYcCrH.pngHcOXs3j.pngGV8bF9A.pngGT4gJFR.pngysU5ap4.pngQ2Do0AR.png

More dead Sorcerers.

yLy8214.pngr62Ezwo.png

Olwen gets restored and healed.

U0dUg2E.pngiRVcCRi.png

Even though all of the green units are rescued, and thus can't move, the game still informs us of the start of "NPC Phase".

jgnDqhR.png2EHfwT4.pngpBDZzFg.png98CCw5a.pngoLlULl4.pngXPcFbqU.pngbAUF7vw.pngvGs0H1V.png

Yawn.

g3eFlRZ.pngU2nyOk3.png

After killing this Great Knight, I move Karin onto the other fort to prevent any more from spawning.

TwXcWhl.pngIFOApHy.pngmUBTx8m.png

These next few turns are going to consist of nothing but killing the same Sorcerers over and over, so I'll spare you guys the boredom and just cut ahead to when they stop spawning.

3EjhJST.png

Here's a level-up that Saias earned along the way.

MtcLPHv.png9KkUWMj.pnglzFPzxL.png9Kp8vgI.pngRMoY5JS.png0rP99g8.png2Ai3vDl.pngM6i3dNa.png3OEmdxZ.pngh2Dt1yB.png7v7sLFW.png

After wiping out the remainder of the Sorcerers...

RG7guW7.pngUHAXlma.png

...it's time to drop the children and rescue anyone who got hit to prevent the poison damage from killing them.

hmWW7Z4.png8hLLTKj.png

Once the final child escapes, Leif continues his march toward the castle.

p7eKakK.png

Huh. The guide I'm following said that there was supposed to be another boss that spawned when we got close, but it looks like it didn't trigger for some reason.

N1Qz9Bd.png2e22uhX.pngDtHZTSN.pngb7gHzbP.pngwgllgKJ.png0Xs6aWP.pngWOjxBfH.pngdG1Fncp.png80DFWsw.png

This is the fourth time we've been told about Raydrik's invincibility. No idea whether this scene changes if Saias gets killed before giving Bragi's Blade to Leif.

tTYAv4s.png5hr86wU.pngZ9XE5Nz.pngk4nDeMP.pngoHCI6hJ.pngv2n8P5L.png

What? No reward for making sure the children escape? What a rip-off!

Hoping to finish this LP by the end of the weekend. If not, then by the end of next week for sure.

Chapter 24: My First Girlfriend is a Galzus

uqHiney.pngl2InHzt.pngCaZMC8w.pngkHrxfwY.pngJoXlA6x.pngogAtdS5.pngtxmh15g.png

DRwNGwE.png

Before we begin, I'm going to make an extra copy of my save file. No, not a savestate; my save file. The purpose of this is to show off something cool later.

1bYulRd.png

Our party for this chapter. Dean gets to come along because he actually managed to cap his Sword Rank.

UYkeFrx.pngwabA81N.pngfWvYghc.png4WpQf8B.pngbKhDXk0.png3ktujF9.png7DvXnr4.pnga4GLKye.pngjP8jhLt.png

After this conversation with Raydrik, Veld teleports away.

iqkEYUM.pngwwNEmfb.pngmWsWJBH.pngA0fV7UH.pngZF5G7AA.pngsOs8nhX.pngBZ4pcgU.png7DyN6Pw.pngM9ARm9p.pngQOap4dv.pngznBKlJJ.pngCfhCoMp.pngsYqWsKH.png

Cue the music!

0ME8jQt.pngBXZZzK1.pngkQoTHSP.png

Immediately, Linoan uses her Sleep Staff on this Sorcerer, who has a Restore Staff. This will prevent him from cancelling what we're about to do to his buddies.

stTffSo.png01H0oKT.pngTAJaYla.png

Next, Safiya will Silence this Sorcerer, who has a Berserk Staff...

E61O6xQ.png4EDid7w.pngqcV2R14.png

...Sarah will tranquilize this one, who has a Silence Staff...

ZhQ0qBq.pngw88DAbc.pngS9l9xSQ.png

...and then activate the music note and tranquilize this one, who has another Sleep Staff.

wAthWbP.png

Now all of the Sorcerers that have status staffs are neutralized (I took the screenshot on the wrong frame, so you can't see the little X and Z icons above their sprites).

8qG57ZA.png

However, Mareeta is trapped in this side-chamber with no way to get out and talk to Galzus. Thanks a lot, Augustus!

GnX8aSg.pngE3jjkCI.pngffZqv0B.pngB682wD3.png

Over on the opposite side, we have eight children, each of which can have one of three portraits: a loli with pigtails, a loli with a side-tail, or a shota. While we want to keep all of them safe, we want to pay extra attention to the shotas.

0Lx33Kh.pngdBKqtb7.png

Tina uses her Unlock Staff on one of the doors so Lara doesn't have to waste a potential dancing turn...

MEcWu6F.pngz0UWBeE.png

...and then activates the music note and unlocks the door to the kids' room.

TdmxFvp.png0yszfaS.pngARnzGaI.png7oTPhdP.png

This enables Orsin to move in, get danced, and kill one of the Sorcerers.

BP64CkA.pngqbFhmHC.pngGWGmIpb.png

Next, Asbel will kill one of the other Sorcerers with a critical Blizzard...

THyGOQi.pngiq6Zg2d.pngL9Fk1WB.png

...and Salem will Silence the other one.

eZeiNpW.pngAdVxvpx.png

Lithis opens the front door, but if we move in now, we risk getting Fenrir'd to death.

qPFsdJs.png9blarHL.pngH5x6diN.png

Which is where Saias comes in: he Silences the Fenrir Sorcerer...

Cmm5wTy.png0prHmW3.pngnaJxtVm.pngMdmdlz6.png

...then activates the music note and Silences another one above the kids' room, earning a level-up.

K0rFsBj.pngFgUoqTi.pngBtw0AGi.png92YJE6I.png

Olwen uses Bolting on one of the Snipers on either side of Raydrik...

gAt0KNm.pngi0gxoum.png

...then gets Warped over to the staircase above the kids' room.

vm45Sj4.png

This ensures that the only Sorcerer with access to the kids is the one who's Silenced.

IpfS0yc.png8bB6GKh.png

Our main force charges into the central hallway...

KZRqT1H.png

...while our side-party moves up into the kids' room...

WZgVgdu.png5XMTLRA.png

...and Callion moves back a bit to escape that Sorcerer's attack range. Since this is an indoor map, he can't counter with his Javelin.

Hc54li2.pngdIepiv4.pngiVTOthN.pngHaPYRQ6.png

Olwen dodges two Jormungands, but gets poisoned by a third.

GvyDVzn.png

Whichever Sorcerers didn't get Silenced or put to sleep start coming after Mareeta's party.

2lir17W.png

One from the far northern hallway opens the door for us. That was nice of him.

U6gILQG.png

Another one uses an Ensorcel Staff on one of his buddies that got put to sleep. theydonothing;

TJf2ZgG.png

The Heroes and Snipers in front of Raydrik's throne begin to move south toward Leif's party...

Ok7zfRw.png

...including Galzus, who activates the music note.

B9wfV1w.pngtiv1BBA.png

The two Bishops guarding Raydrik use Pure Waters.

zfSrMRc.pngbI4BkIB.png

Galzus defeats Saias, but Saias does not have a death quote. You realize what this means, don't you?

s9naGaU.pnglxahXjW.png

IVc6cSG.pngTnc5xQQ.png

That's right! Saias isn't dead; he's merely been captured! Perhaps Galzus spared his life as thanks for helping him back in Chapter 6?

GYvxlTK.pngsA0P0qs.png

Therefore, if we have Nanna Warp Mareeta out of the dead-end zone...

ONB85Xw.pngv29MEnk.pngBhUnzHY.pngDcjK9jc.pngmkXD9fm.pngppRC151.pngeXrfatG.pngbtYhLYX.pngGHGljI9.pngX04UBoq.png1sO255e.pngGM6eNa1.pnggdhA4fe.pngGOR2mku.pngFtvgGHC.pngGya7GUT.pngUgqyW2g.png

...we can recruit...

EdoAQCd.pngWFh64e4.png

...sorry, just a second...

a8GRxHh.png

...Galzus, a textbook example of the Gotoh archetype: shows up at the end of the game, at max level, with multiple capped-out stats, to serve as insurance for the final battle in case too many of your other units died or failed to level-up properly. What's that, Karel? You think you're the first swordsman to spend their adult life as a total edgelord, only to be recruited to the player's side by speaking to a younger female relative? Sorry, but Thracia did it first!

ahoTd3q.pngH7jPhWW.png

And look at him go!

efqZ6Tr.pngo2MziEQ.png9jR9oLx.pngz3Xy47J.pngz2eRBfO.png6X4hmCx.png9iv0Rji.png

Olwen, Asbel, and Pan kill and/or tranquilize three Sorcerers.

KDCuai0.pngcxmFmZd.pngDjpNiGx.png

Pan activates the music note and kills another one, but gets poisoned in the process.

VaIsVPK.pngnuVLLp7.png

So, after Orsin kills a fifth one...

GbaofEg.pngVb9kAti.pngyrWzGpK.pngfA4U2ha.pngSK6y1KG.png

...Sarah Rewarps herself over to the kids' room so she can get danced and cure Pan's poison.

BOHfId1.pngbHtDzrM.png

See this Hero down here? He's packing a Berserk Edge, which does exactly what it says on the tin.

Vrg46An.pngOHFdaoE.pngcJSSK5i.png

I'm feeling like a naughty boy, so I have Tina use her own Berserk Staff on him. smirk1;

KuLb1Uu.pngIXgwT3L.png

Callion kills one of the Sorcerers.

SThGY8T.pngcIB9mWx.png

Since getting captured reduced Saias's HP to one, Linoan Physics him.

rM9Ie5g.pngvn4M88V.png

Salem beats up a Silenced Sorcerer in a last-ditch effort to increase his Dark Magic Rank.

gdKj4lt.png8fh7vZ0.pngkLWphpz.png

Safiya Silences another Sorcerer guarding this important-looking door at the top of the map.

y1gTUui.pngQXSMr3w.png

Leif and pals continue their charge.

02tO3p5.png

Two Soldiers spawn at the start of enemy phase, but they're by far the least of our worries.

CBKVwIP.png

The Sorcerers near the northern gate start moving towards us.

aOWUvH5.png

I have no idea what this other Sorcerer is doing to the Hero that we just Berserk'd.

MXywUwM.pngmGguMkT.png

Another Sorcerer poisons Callion by attacking him at melee range, only to get killed for his efforts.

cjhNlHs.png

His buddy lands another hit, but fortunately "badly poisoned" only exists in Pokemon.

OLwMRwK.pnglTdozKD.png

The Silenced Sorcerer that Salem was beating up gets whisked away by a Rescue Staff.

K5ZfoNz.png

And once again, another Sorcerer uses an Ensorcel Staff on one of his buddies that got Silenced. theydonothing;

UNwHuTw.png

Yet another Sorcerer uses a Fortify Staff...

6YfTAbA.png

...which apparently missed, because one of his friends still had to use a Heal Staff on another.

URbEJlj.pngNaUxX7b.png

The two Soldiers that just spawned are effortlessly slaughtered by Callion.

Jfhnhbu.pngRCLdxHo.pngbcOKFvR.pngETqnVd3.png

Galzus dodges a buttload of projectile attacks...

IAzZ8hA.pngWqVcVCz.png

...only to get hit by one arrow, and crat by another. Fortunately, he survives.

CkMBZID.pngUGNf61G.png

The children run around like a bunch of idiots. One of our side-objectives is to escort them to the northern gate.

k3X3QLu.pngxePEszW.pngtyqp0mP.pngdXeeJM0.pngKWogLut.png

After taking his belongings back from Galzus, Saias Silences another of the northern Sorcerers.

gBsUSLq.pnghP4urFz.png

Fergus takes the Beo Blade for a test drive, killing a Sniper with a crit.

Yur6s7k.pngee1ScO9.pngR9rmi0E.pngBZSxsII.png

After Callion retreats to get Restored, Linoan takes his place to kill the Sorcerer.

B68cYTx.png

This also puts her out of range of the Berserk'd Hero.

5oFrG5a.pngYP1wbpe.png

Orsin kills another Sorcerer...

pPiv9kX.pngVvPnTKM.png

...making it safer for Sarah to Restore and Mend our wounded.

KjAr3dW.pngZce8q0f.png

Assblaster Asbel puts one of the remaining Snipers to sleep.

9HtwI7x.png90CMp82.png

Mareeta kills a Hero...

KByQhXo.png4vDkD1E.png

...clearing the way for Galzus to kill another Hero.

sNHdbuo.pngGacpOBm.png

Olwen kills a sleeping Sorcerer...

vUILzVq.pngbQ3iSaB.pngjiGdcmi.png

...then activates the music note and casts Bolting on another.

SYYYhEc.pngQurzoGi.png

Xavier kills the sleeping Sniper...

aMnsFac.pngcDazc3C.png2fZ5F7N.png

...clearing the path for Leif to take Bragi's Blade for a test-drive.

Ra4N0wP.pngzMQ8YMP.pnggZtzjha.pngmwmTiMw.pngKUrE5wy.pngXdclj3U.pngzaL4bUe.png

Salem and Lara Silence two more Sorcerers.

OXe1T7C.pngI9oatdZ.png

Safiya and Lithis bring up the rear.

cxXTUMR.pngikpyzbq.png

Nanna finishes off our turn with a well-deserved Fortify.

SGpdtCa.png8VolVHO.png

Ah, now I get it! The Sorcerer attacked the Berserk'd Hero with Jormungand so that the Poison would overwrite the Berserk status. I didn't know they could do that!

vxgTk27.png

That does not, however, explain why this guy keeps using Ensorcel on his buddies that have been incapacitated. theydonothing;

vyzf7Ul.png

The Silenced Sorcerers near the north gate make a break for it.

wgJAlXP.png9pMlVbL.pngh1cFCTE.pngpghxhIL.png

Linoan gets hit by both of the Soldiers that just spawned, only to instantly undo the damage by killing them with Nosferatu.

J9v9qdE.pngkpdFdgG.png

*sigh* This might take a while...

0jVyuA2.png3wkHQdS.png

If I were to move Linoan down to kill the Sorcerer, she would be at the mercy of the Hero with the Berserk Edge, so instead, I'll leave her where she is and let the Sorcerer come to her.

msD8q3s.png2u0rYoD.png

After Orsin kills the last Sorcerer that hasn't yet been Silenced...

SlyD0Lu.pngCNHPRbV.pngktJBMNU.pngcqkhI6T.pngZVxxnKN.png

...we retreat back into the kids' room to rescue the shotas, and only the shotas.

N2KW8kP.pngp1XkpZ2.png

With nothing better to do, Pan kills one of the Silenced Sorcerers.

ZVo1vVm.pngP754FAo.png

The two Bishops that formerly guarded Raydrick have now moved away from the throne, so let's move into position to capture them.

PAhCFxD.pngISrxX6l.pngUU0SZ9p.pngcoFfl3N.pngdc3pC9y.pngmRzwWI9.pngPqO84NJ.png

Linoan dodges and kills all three of her attackers.

uwuWFra.pnggxBACGw.png

One of the Sorcerers in the southern room tries to use a Rescue Staff on the poisoned Hero, but misses. theydonothing;

368Xff8.png

Seriously, what the fuck is up with this guy's AI? theydonothing;

unridGi.pnglsYfF03.png

After another Fortify, three of the Silenced Sorcerers make their escape.

U1GmBTd.png

One of the Bishops uses Physic on the poisoned Hero.

WT8kUKM.pngtYH3aqz.png

kS6Ai5y.png

If we move Pan in front of the door, there's no command to unlock it.

pHuf6wO.pngFwEGWbL.png

So instead, he can kill the last Silenced Sorcerer.

v7DNabb.pngGAt6Zd6.png

Next, Leif and Galzus capture the two Bishops.

sWP7DK8.png

After rescuing all the shotas, we begin to carry them over to the door that Pan couldn't unlock.

gShGzYi.pngvZuitfg.pngofwXTWf.png

Linoan moves off of her post to put the poisoned Hero out of his misery.

747JLMx.png

Callion moves into position to plug up one of the spawn points for the Soldiers.

KNXCBUk.pngka75esX.pngK8fged4.png

Tina uses her Thief Staff to steal a Sleep Edge from another Hero...

TzCBBU3.pngCQRPU6Y.png

...then activates the music note and Unlocks the door that he was guarding.

sOwSQoF.pnggTwVdDh.png

Congratulations, you wasted all five uses of your Ensorcel Staff on your buddies that had already been Silenced or put to sleep! Do you feel proud of yourself?

iO22cw6.png

Said buddies begin to make their way toward where the Soldiers spawned from.

QDrp2iq.pngP7n2AHe.png

Linoan kills one of the Soldiers, but leaves the other alive.

jRAYDce.png

4EAnYjA.pngn2zTDCK.png

After Callion kills the remaining Soldier...

DXDQfZ3.pngAywOA9o.png

...Linoan and Nanna move in to plug up their spawn points.

Dwezr9v.png

Only one remaining Sorcerer is capable of attacking us. All the others are either asleep, Silenced, or only equipped with Staffs.

jMfkyKh.pngRBtdq8z.pngdkkfclu.pngMJLi0TX.png

After Leif and Galzus mug and release their prisoners...

8PwaKEr.pngYCPC5mL.pngJdXxhSq.png

...Saias Warps Fergus into the Sorcerers' room, earning a level-up.

hqskdoj.pngUN7SFrd.png

Fergus proceeds to kill the last armed Sorcerer.

CCvAp3i.png

The rest of us begin to drop off the shotas near the door.

vhT4yi2.pngIgNfXTL.pngSHmwIIw.png

Raydrik is now the only enemy on the map capable of harming us in any way. With their escape point blocked off, all the Sorcerers can do is run around in circles like a bunch of decapitated chickens.

6S36DAS.png4VdqwEF.pngoepPE9x.png

Fergus and Callion are going to spend the next several turns capturing them to steal any useful staffs they might have.

k8a0nnc.png

Orsin moves onto this staircase to prevent reinforcements from spawning.

oQWfKSR.png

Leif moves towards Raydrik. It's almost time.

uWVcBTA.pngbw2d4lW.png

Dropping off more of the shotas.

AZkc7Eq.pngobIIHnX.png

xQoEVB9.pngD2n7HoM.png2zTr2gT.png8600ICD.pngkBPMegp.png

This is it! The climactic showdown between Leif and Raydrik! Let the music play!

ztP8hKN.pngfAQSSKx.pngTpAcs6T.png

Enemy phase, a Sorcerer appears behind Raydrik and uses an Unlock Staff on the isolated door in the northeast corner of the map.

F4oy9mQ.pngLkRam8a.pngPoPFsvg.png

Raydrik may have been hyped up to be this game's Rudolf archetype, but think about what he did for a second: he betrayed the Lord's grandfather, led him to his death, and spent the prologue of the game trying to chase Leif down with an army of overpowered foes, which required the sacrifice of an ally to escape from. Does that sound like someone else we know? Sorry, Jiol, but Thracia did it first! Well, half of it, anyway. Jiol's role in Shadow Dragon's prologue may have borrowed a bit from Raydrik, but betraying Marth's father was there since FE1. If this were any other game, Raydrik would've been dealt with at the climax of the first story arc, and then never mentioned again. However, due to his Loptian Fang and its counterpart in Bragi's Blade, it kinda makes you wonder why Leif didn't bring the latter with him in FE4, or whether there were any other dark weapons that provided their wielders with invincibility.

GRO5pLl.pngKauMzeR.pngdN5TrFl.pngPpRcc5X.pngyFStHlw.pnggXHQp02.png

NPC phase, one of the shotas will unlock the door that Pan couldn't. Which particular shota is able to do this seems to be randomized each time this chapter is played.

iOgcwde.png

DEFxUyc.png4gjOz9N.png

The Sorcerer that appeared behind Raydrik is wielding a Jormungand and an Unlock Staff...

zYQEyun.pnglRznkx5.pngMJaSii3.png

...the latter of which is promptly stolen by Tina.

J0k8nTF.pnggbz0Tyw.pngBiCoadc.png

More importantly, Pan rushes over to the treasure chest and grabs his prize: the Kaia Staff!

s1Mvx3k.pngFc5lj7P.pngrXUgnD3.png

Dean gets danced by Lara, but falls just one tile short of being able to plug up that staircase.

S6hKcn9.png

So naturally, he activates the music note right after to plug it up anyway!educate;

lyXpONg.pngpdZM7Fn.pngksx4I7N.png0BSuVuG.png

Sarah and Safiya then Rewarp themselves over to the other staircase, along with the space in the northeastern corner formerly occupied by a door.

VcV3r3I.pngN4CQK4D.png

Just for lulz, I let Asbel kill the Sorcerer.

OeZwmEx.pngxi39Wwy.pngHTAtkFR.png

Fergus and Callion are now free to continue robbing the Sorcerers in peace.

QP7Pzjj.png

...or not.

ZJIhHFU.pngT2DFqfI.png4ry0yf4.png

A pair of Sorcerers spawn from either side of the throne and attempt to ambush Lithis and Xavier. Thank Naga for dodging and Pavise!

7YzSAEo.pngtxKtXs5.pngXDzV6bw.pngX0dIN65.pngBHo82Qm.pngFGFCSaN.png

After taking them out, we move Leif and Mareeta to block their spawn points.

kNmntbR.pngq5FAtX3.pngakYK6Bx.png

Okay, now Fergus and Callion are free to continue robbing the Sorcerers in peace.

uNsiSxG.pngdGlJW3R.png

Once the final child escapes, Leif seizes the throne.

8GsNPfk.pngSfTYYXW.pngNYIDa3N.pnga1YbJNR.pngZaIhls9.pngOuSQQG1.png80ZIKtX.pngEjzh2DI.pngs2DhIfE.png1EqBdH3.pngmp2Qk4N.pngkwxCPr5.png

0wNX18c.pngAI5Zj4W.pngOz11dPX.png2DEkMKn.pngzSxAfjO.pngus5MotS.png

That's all fine and good, but what happens if we don't get the Kaia Staff?

JnmgwOi.png23TiqV7.png

Resetting my emulator, I play through this chapter a second time, swapping out Mareeta for Dagdar.

latest?cb=20100409181506

qKyX7hH.pngtnSX8D4.png2IGF15I.pngbB7S0Ho.png

Dagdar, Lithis, Galzus, and Sarah have fallen! May they rest in peace.

4CFNQgr.png

After seizing the throne, the cutscene between Leif and Augustus plays out identically, up until about this point:

eEZTmpq.png0qXiYCs.pngX16SZC8.png6yPA1aY.pnghmwj7RS.png

xflhDaU.png

Don't worry, that second runthrough isn't canon. It's just to show off something cool that can happen in the endgame. Next episode will still be Chapter 24x.

Chapter 24x: Beyond Good and Eyvel

tpuX9n1.png

This is it, the last fog of war chapter!

0GcrCdI.pngBmLvwuq.png

Our party for this chapter. Anyone who can't wield a staff is carrying a Torch.

hawqoQF.png7J1kdui.pnggZsgHIs.pnga7Dpgh1.pnggUTOw5q.pngHwtpVPq.pngW6dyWgU.png2c0pba4.pngNbnnEzZ.png67pOhH2.pngTd0qk5B.pnglseCGNf.pngPIIAO7n.pngHPGe4uD.pngORFXb5H.png

Let's do this!

jrz9FFg.pngcs6Mn0h.png

Starting off, Sarah wastes no time at all in Rewarping herself all the way over to Eyvel's prison cell at the top of the map.

MSOF4or.pnga3tBaW7.png

She then activates the music note and uses her Kaia Staff on Eyvel.

bjOy8St.png

However, we can't yet take control of Eyvel because she's a green unit.

3jKboI6.pngaDOKfmk.png

Leif moves as far north as he can, and uses his Torch.

dlrvU0A.png

This reveals a small room in the center of the map with a red arrow in it.

GyOMTqM.pngmft1inb.pngJi5djZq.pngl7OtzZ4.png

And if we Warp Linoan and Mareeta into that room...

Lg473kc.pngYtOLjY6.png

...we reveal the "boss" of this chapter: an generic Dark Bishop wielding a Berserk Staff.

I0UX7Vi.pngAcJMkjA.png

Mareeta promptly kills him.

hkJfha7.pngNIBuHoz.png

Xavier takes a step down to use his Torch, revealing a lone Berserker surrounded by treasure chests.

4O7FlPm.png

This also clears the way for Pan to open the door.

9yQoSCz.pngRryX2U6.pngomkXqrz.png

Lara dances for Salem so he can Warp Orsin into the central room.

sbCnL3F.pngnEdhzBJ.pngmVuXkcB.png

This enables Orsin to take out this Sorcerer, who has a Sleep Staff.

KN603rm.png

After that, Galzus moves through the doorway to intercept that Berserker on enemy phase.

d06cn1F.pngFIVQADN.png

Or he could activate the music note and kill him right now. That works, too.

gkrlqkh.png9pU4hmi.pngJn616Sc.png9i67zno.png

Inside the southernmost room that Augustus warned us about is a lone Sorcerer with a pair of Warp Staffs. His plan is to Warp the reinforcements that spawn during enemy phase out of that room to spread chaos amongst our party. However, with his trusty Blizzard Tome, Assblaster Asbel puts him to sleep before he can put his plan to fruition.

wlXfAhQ.pngFrUIpHs.png

Lithis moves down next to Asbel and uses his Torch, revealing yet another Sorcerer...

MaBEqvY.pngJaEPSHR.png7jocWHO.png

...who is then promptly tranquilized by Safiya.

Za25yvy.png

Now that both of the Sorcerers in the southernmost chamber have been neutralized, any reinforcements that spawn down there will be trapped.

r0rlgwb.pngJSSMG4r.png7L9WE6s.pngAW10o2l.pngi8XOVEA.png

Tina activates the music note and swipes a Strength and Shield Ring from two of the treasure chests surrounding the lone Berserker.

B1q2xPu.png4jkvQRo.pngLZnavVS.pngEwDLAIG.png

Galzus and Leif kill two and a half Berserkers.

VgD46CV.pngHj3LqDQ.png5bwsvZ9.pngEscvI8K.png

All of the Sorcerers in the central room fail to hit Mareeta...

T5PL2On.pngTQuHjRW.png

...except for this guy, who fails to hit Linoan instead, getting disintegrated in the process.

kifN0Xc.png

Having chugged a Pure Water on the first turn, the last Sorcerer has enough Mag to use a Silence Staff on Asbel.

XmNMyfH.png

A Sniper that just spawned in the southernmost chamber fails to poison Lithis.

lzmlh50.pngOUgRmzS.pngJoRABFL.png4MUUsUY.pngrzEAfmT.png

Following that, a whole bunch of Sorcerers Rewarp themselves around Leif.

dTafpzb.pngBEP1lTS.png

After Orsin kills the Sorcerer with the Silence Staff...

0AZlb5U.pngOrh6Gqy.png

...Tina Unlocks the door to Eyvel's room.

fpasZhQ.pngtyrRgRQ.png

Asbel moves back to get Restored.

piQ5BLY.png

Galzus moves back toward his starting location...

IRrGOTg.png

...while Pan moves out of the way...

37UzBFm.png

...for Galzus to get danced...

LBrF5va.pngGLmE5Zj.png

...and Warped over to Eyvel's chamber. Incidentally, the tile that he lands on is one of the teleport traps that Augustus warned us about, but using the Warp Staff cancels the effect.

xrGx9zQ.pngkDo8sy8.png

Therefore, Galzus can move down to kill one of the Berserkers...

z1CjSA0.pngvLxJ7PA.pngGVPxQjo.pngx6RsmCY.png

...and Sarah can move right behind him to tranquilize one of the Sorcerers harassing Leif.

84Lo3rv.pngjXqY6WM.pnglqnKria.png8QBm4Zn.pngrw0UTBd.pngPx5DPpq.pngAQw1ufC.pngmNJEXz0.pngxxmo2ll.png

Everyone else spends the remainder of our turn killing Sorcerers...

47vz0zT.pngIfaJdSL.pngtklpqpM.pnggSHc7ub.png

...except for Saias, who Rewarps just outside the central chamber, earns a level-up, activates the music note, and opens the door.

G85Ft2k.pngGipOEwL.pnggGolNGr.png5RP3c5W.pngIQUW9JR.pngxvWtBFK.png

Leif and Galzus slaughter the remaining Berserkers.

Qn9MFO6.pnghGcEbTX.png

Once again, Mareeta dodges both Sorcerers' attacks.

fjXueHL.png

The Hel spell can reduce your HP to one by throwing a naked lady at you, but isn't quite as dangerous as it could be because the Sorcerers have balls for accuracy.

FRPTaG0.pngos1e9Eg.pngrkSmCfx.png

This time, the Rewarpers go after our friends in the central chamber.

PcLWTEm.pngn5Nc9bt.png

Despite being un-petrified and released from her cell, Eyvel does not move.

mMeghdp.pngcIIgDoG.png

Orsin kills the Sorcerer above Mareeta...

hx1metv.pngLGoNg1c.pngSqkHX9C.png

...clearing the way for Saias to Warp her over to Eyvel to talk to her, triggering a rather melancholy song.

35LMupF.pngpo6V8Rx.png9Ct03J1.png

Note that all three of those ellipses had their own word bubble.theydonothing;

iFuKsUx.pngEC7TDkg.pngsDOtSb7.pngjlazAKV.png0GztlNQ.pngm3psITV.pngIOzywlp.pngpGLm27H.pngaMS4qgf.pngI7eGbpc.pngRb8vg6y.png

As much as I hate to break up this family reunion...

iXenpQe.png

...but I don't trust Saias's ability to not die.

Au5Vb2a.pngXwRt2ns.pngnfhbc4X.png

Therefore, I re-load my save state and Warp Leif over to Eyvel instead.

mqnZr9G.pngNYuKJZr.pngxzi2QYp.pngZFKA3z8.png1vYnf3L.pnggLD0oJr.pngsamBILR.pngv1jPCVB.png5pTckD4.pngXMDqFta.pngt06yIrY.pngYl1MGR3.png

No matter which character we talk to her with, we re-recruit Eyvel, with the exact same stats that she had when she got turned to stone all the way back in Chapter 5. Don't use her, she sucks.

YUwI3RA.png

The second tile from the top of this staircase is a teleport trap.

zxR9Xqi.pngE1snRn0.png

Very carefully, let's move Galzus and Sarah down.

SkrcG3d.pngriGGmo7.png

Sarah activates the music note and weakens a Sorcerer.

xKavgwq.pngy99rCXo.pngensCbfZ.pngF2J3PeB.pngfSWQ2Qo.png

After killing another Sorcerer, Asbel activates the music note, moves as far north as he can, and uses his Torch Staff, increasing his Staff Rank. Better late than never, I suppose.

2GAfhCT.pngDbON2d7.png

More importantly, he discovers two staircases, which the Sorcerer reinforcements have been spawning from. Therefore, if we have Salem Rewarp to the unoccupied one...

JQ980TW.png7nvv9d0.pngQtSFGlV.pngXlv4gHr.pngeHlBy5k.pngIR8fJmo.png

...and kill some more Sorcerers in the central chamber...

s24W88P.pngNDpvmkO.pngsFLHYx4.png

...then Nanna can Silence the Sorcerer standing on the other staircase, plugging up two spawn points for us!

hJ9ODl8.pngHUrYNkm.png

Inside chest number three is...

J4Gq0qF.png

...a Master Seal that we no longer need. theydonothing;

emuvjyO.pngmcQajOr.pngqR2COG1.png

Tina then activates the music note and uses her Berserk Staff on one of the remaining Berserkers.

0rCjDfV.pngPauMrSj.png3TkOFfF.png

Pan also activates the music note, and kills a sleeping Sorcerer.

X7Lcch4.pngjl262eq.pngpPVZFNq.png

The non-Berserk Berserker gets killed by the Berserk Berserker.

EflfBRU.pngKUBXBpF.png

Mareeta dodges some more Jormungands.

X7rH7bg.png

A Sorcerer Rewarps next to the Berserk Berserker...

AAbwOzN.pngilt9Rgg.png

...and promptly gets killed by him. theydonothing;

OecApeG.pngrQltK1r.pngYfw2P0n.png1UpzuFA.png

Now that we've rescued Eyvel, we no longer have any reason to stick around. Once Orsin removes the Sorcerer from the escape point, it's time to start using it.

lM21Y8o.png

No comment necessary. theydonothing;

XWwUxYX.png6LTXAWp.png6iiGwz1.pngQDQ8xtQ.png

It's the end of the game. What else are we gonna use our Warp and Rescue Staffs on?

le0W0qf.png9oUzsRv.png

Anyone with a Rewarp Staff can teleport themselves into the central chamber, and pass around our Rescue Staffs to bring more people in.

n75f3Ze.png

Leif's got a long way to go from Eyvel's chamber.

5xf0wy3.png02xXMwX.pnghoGmtL5.pngqU2dWfS.pngqENIdBZ.png

Sarah and Saias team up to kill the last Sorcerer inside the central chamber, earning a level-up for the latter. Even if more spawn in, using their Rewarp Staffs will consume their turn, giving us ample opportunity to take them out before they cause too much trouble.

ylumycg.png0GF5wyC.pngghP0npx.pngQCjhByD.pngHPj8VWK.pngVNkXGTI.png

After Salem kills a Sorcerer, we get to watch a fight between another Sorcerer and the Berserk Berserker.

kD3EOCH.pngs0AQtTJ.png

Uh-oh, this isn't good. Both of our Rescue Staffs are broken.

qVfhciX.pngdPAhnxj.png

Luckily, I have a plan: Salem Rewarps himself off of the staircase, over by Tina and our Thieves.

yh1vL0b.pnggmHCX3Q.png

kq1rfUH.png

He then rescues Tina, the only one among the three of them with a low enough Con.

ACLDzoW.png4ozEIHN.png

Pan and Lithis move as far north as they can.

oNGAGxD.png6s2lC6r.png

I then have as many units escape as I can, but make sure to keep Saias and his leadership stars on the field.

7RTil73.pngUiRtFSW.pngS8xDqpO.png

The Sorcerers are ganging up on us. Soon we'll be trapped!

0QRF01q.pngZXZEhTc.png

With a wave of his staff, Salem Rewarps himself and Tina over to the escape point.

2FOa68K.pngJn8zOcV.png

Pan puts one of the Sorcerers to sleep.

7EttMOx.png1an7j5h.png

One last Yoink, for old time's sake.

QVKcIkm.pngZuz44oN.png

With two uses of his Warp Staff remaining, Saias Rewarps himself over to the Sorcerer orgy.

ITT7IjX.pngdJt4sqK.pngDwzKL3Q.pngZhu6Ebx.pnga893ORm.pngBjqL3JD.png

We manage to survive, but if Pan takes one more hit, he's dead.

MAbSi0s.png7Iep96k.pngLCrsWDu.png

Saias Warps Lithis to safety, earning a level-up.

XXbfqeQ.png

Galzus and Sarah have the same escape quote.

HukTXyf.pngXc0jZ9m.pnglVE00FI.png

Pan puts yet another Sorcerer to sleep. Can he survive one more turn?

KoYASnQ.pngrhwYDzO.pngbIrw9lA.png

Saias hits the level cap.

Ez8dSzR.png1rYvTKj.png5GPTx0t.png

That was too close!hidingkong;

730UIYM.pngnpWuu4o.pngkyXa9FN.png2qlYhki.pngcB8y3WF.pngKIRyVx2.png

Fuck yeah, Saias! I take back everything I said about your ability to not die!

8U2ahI2.pngSLCtkjM.pngjDZuh4Y.png9SIxtpg.png2T1SmDs.png

Now Saias just needs to survive for one more turn, and then we're home free!

mFoAMWz.pngWAsOtxQ.png

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

9pmc7az.pngf3OjWId.pnggn312y1.png

hidingkong;

iByyk30.png2AmyMkT.png

omg;

BVhikS7.png16hrPVH.pngPTaYYJd.png

Most well-earned escape quote ever!

GHLffpV.png1mdKReV.png7J9i4Yb.pngUe6ACsd.pngr5ncLAH.pngMufWITG.pngmrXkAtA.png4WzWELf.png99sQFwV.pngDQdBgcv.pngqOS0yum.png

Nanna was your sister, eh? If you're familiar with Fire Emblem, and the Jugdral saga in particular, you know what that means! coolkong;

WMg9eq0.pngOEO4hKV.pngnpu0J9g.png9GMHnRY.pngxtqii3t.pnguZJTDOm.pngtWLRu9u.pngG8U6lUk.pngBm42JDN.pngsbRfAOT.pngJmlwogK.pngc6hxI0M.pngNTMcjqu.pngamewFpi.png1hBOvJw.pngWWfFGhK.pngzB5bAzf.pngxBWVQqL.pngzxd9eWD.pngtVuYNf3.pngdmWlkm6.pngZZYrJBv.pngU9SJEjn.pngh1Fb3Cs.pngiyuXzgv.pngOU8wTyr.pngt41zH55.pngeu1VI6x.pngv5FSKE7.pngQTNxrNV.pngVsMOPB5.pngIVnDDlP.png3WIBONt.pngWf2Tt2g.pngbiAlJJu.pngFE5Lev2.pngssVXVOE.pngX4fd8RP.png1otKEQU.pngkPXGF7X.pnguC170Re.pngZooRimy.pngZEbFhjY.pngDPeuudV.pngjfX7X8r.pngBTMZV9i.pngSj9Njgz.pngSeVFqLk.pngica6GeZ.pngOT94O1A.pngYKbE2N3.pngEHH47l9.png8Vf61HN.pngBee4oZP.pngTOs6Rh6.pngmGzzhUm.pngrrJsuiI.pnglz1hpzo.pngHjsx2Dl.pngl1PdEUI.pngpivfSJn.pngzgzqhcb.pngB5vPrni.pngGOCSVAg.pngt5IZ7mk.png

What's that, Lissa? You think you're the first character to have doubts about their royal lineage due to your lack of a Brand? Sorry, but Thracia did it first!

Endgame: Most Pathetic Final Boss in Fire Emblem History

bJQpg62.pngP6jnwf4.png

For the opening cutscene, I'm going to load up my extra save file from when I failed to get the Kaia Staff. Cue the music!

NkYxy9R.pngevGavBY.pngWqBd5rL.pngTJYpCJ4.pngZmy6FqT.pngwBLFlrb.png9MAEuj6.pnguSl0TyI.pngZQAqwv8.pngP5sgCyx.png9rOj66s.png5Q35HQE.png

Remember Travant from Genealogy? Remember what a cool antagonist he was? How he wanted nothing more than to improve the lives of his countrymen, and didn't care if he had to do awful things to accomplish that goal? How satisfying it was to kill him with Leif or Finn? And how this game made him seem even more sympathetic by showing us first-hand what a shithole country Thracia is? Well, in just one scene, Kaga manages to completely undermine Travant's character by revealing that the Loptians were behind his actions all along!

ZSQfuX8.pnga8kOVSU.pngutdd2qD.png6ACuYh5.pngOPxky9W.png

Veld does have a point here. Ishtar was hard enough in Genealogy's endgame when she had the three Pegasus Sisters backing her up. Can you imagine how much more aggravating that fight would've been if Reinhardt were there, too?

8CP0EFy.png6lDwm3o.pngNGfIEBJ.pnggc4HJ0L.pngTa7UkjG.pngAmv5h9O.png

Now it cuts to yet another song that truly feels like it should be the final map theme.

doAtJCf.pngrpFCAVy.pngBuREtPO.pngFOu29wI.png15R1l8q.pngKhlRtT8.pngHqVUoQK.pngMoi8gLB.png

Alas, if only it played for the entire chapter. Instead, it's replaced by this generic song that's played countless times throughout the game.

8H7HzTM.pngKMI49rZ.png

Anyway, our goal is to kill each of the six Deadlords standing in each chamber, and place one of our units on the spots that they were occupying. No matter what else you do, the first one will always be Mus, created from the corpse of Raydrik. However, this is where that "cool thing" I mentioned earlier comes into play:

4VzKUlX.pngDF5cepW.pngGux2khs.pngArYrErf.pngm9sST30.pngU2KbdTt.pngnqKSsG9.pngr64PvLY.png

If certain characters either died in battle, or were never recruited to begin with, then Manfroy will use their corpses to create the other five Deadlords that you fight in the final chapter, including his own granddaughter! What's that, Nergal? You think you're the first endboss to have a stage consisting of a bunch of isolated chambers, populated by familiar faces brought back to life as undead abominations? Sorry, but Thracia did it first! Also, note that the Deadlord made from Eyvel is a Sniper and not a Swordmaster. Assuming you didn't go to Chapter 24x and see that ending dialogue between Eyvel and Finn, this is your first clue about Eyvel's true identity.

ES7VJv7.pngt4vs3lG.png

Tigris is supposed to be made from Dagdar, but even if you get him killed, the specific trigger to fight his Deadlord form is that Chapter 8x must have been skipped.

g0ocQyD.pngpeWWJqd.png

After resetting to my "main" save file, I discover a problem: Sarah is Fatigued, and we're out of Stamina Drinks. Without access to the Kaia Staff, this chapter will be much more dangerous. To make things even worse, Salem and Saias are also Fatigued, so not only do I lose out on Saias's leadership stars, but I'm also forced to deploy Dean and Karin, who are dismounted.

Moi8gLB.pngKUJyPN5.pngy9LOPoN.pngfHxiG8U.png

Starting off, Assblaster Asbel uses his Blizzard Tome to put Porcus to sleep.

LtctTzK.pngMJqGBAh.pngklm92bQ.png

Safiya does the same to Bovis.

mPY7Hwl.pngEoJaUwa.png

Tina Unlocks the door to Canis's chamber...

MUMIyM0.pngb87GH5D.png

...allowing Dean to kill the Sorcerer...

ZTeI5Tc.png

...Lithis to run in, aaaaaannnnnnd...

VfOjBtT.png

...Yoink!

edJkTDF.pngmAufroE.pngYtRLtZD.png

Orsin then charges in and takes off two-thirds of Canis's HP. I couldn't screenshot the battle screen because it went by too fast.

7w5D7P7.pngwfrckcP.pngl2KJqUq.png

After Pan opens the door to Mus's chamber, Galzus kills another Sorcerer.

0vrIzX6.pngVmFBvBS.png

Leif then equips Bragi's Blade and parks in front of Mus without attacking him.

RrbkAGv.pngyxBsoCv.png0G8KbH8.png

Fergus, Karin, and Callion temporarily plug up three reinforcement spawn points.

wYQNcDe.pngj0nqhEv.pngfdeWunS.pnguEioCeP.png

Xavier and Olwen kill two of the Sorcerers inside Porcus and Bovis's chambers.

DKm4hDU.pngnrtHnmc.pngPUgpVqO.png

Nanna Warps Lara over to dance for Lithis...

auXpV7R.pngR1yqIIG.png

...allowing him to steal Canis's Berserk Staff!

rJEq0gR.pngyTwIsos.pngfW3cH5E.png

Linoan finishes off our turn by using her Sleep Staff on one of the Generals inside Canis's chamber.

tFnueQf.pngiiBA4K8.pngzX3YzUa.pngTcnpY8F.pngc5irIOk.png

Despite getting hit by two Master Axes, Leif makes it out with a decent amount of health left.

fIspArl.png

Lithis takes an even bigger beating, but also manages to survive.

hNn9tQL.pnguWk3NkN.png

Callion and Mareeta do a fantastic job of dodging two Fenrirs.

LHMzPy0.png

Leif kills Mus with a counter-crit. That's one Deadlord down, and one disarmed!

30RVGvL.pngXdh3WjD.png5EJNa2t.pngM55XApS.png

After Orsin kills the General in Canis's chamber that didn't get put to sleep, Dean captures her.

a0SbNGs.pngf8CfS6p.png8LJiITU.png

Lara dances for Lithis so he can temporarily plug up the last reinforcement spawn point.

z6HVSyJ.pngHhNAUWJ.png6fVALGP.pngjACZ02R.png

Trading places with Fergus, Asbel tranquilizes one of the Bow Armors inside Porcus's chamber.

cqloH5T.pngGVQXWJz.pngrP7GRly.pnglKoOziL.pngZiWc4Nz.png

Pan and Galzus then kill the two Generals inside Mus's chamber.

jQMMa2j.pngzZvJqor.pngxBFGreO.png

Linoan puts the Sorcerer inside Tigris's chamber to sleep...

lXGMLSu.pnghjgtv3W.pngnoEUPjd.png4vFuOmT.png

...and then passes her Sleep Staff to Tina so she can do the same to the one inside Draco's chamber.

I8kC1z1.png6Tlw2DZ.png4iapF92.pngdihySAQ.png

After Safiya patches us up with Fortify, Leif and Nanna set out in search of their next objective.

KfeGLSn.pngZpTVNNV.png

With all the spawn points plugged up, and the Sorcerers incapacitated, we're now free to go about killing the remaining Deadlords at our own pace.

JiY7XRC.pngJh4ZgjM.pngFgMimHl.pngscqOzxO.png

After releasing Canis, Dean gets danced and takes Lithis's place plugging up the spawn point. Lithis has more important places to be.

N3m7yon.png

But you know what? Just moving Pan and Lithis around to open the doors to the Deadlords' chambers is going to get boring.

XT8dj8J.pngkTrSr7j.pngmnjkf6V.png

So, why don't we have a little fun? smirk1;

FnzgAOs.png

After Berserking the Berserker, Tina uses the Shield Ring that she got last chapter... not that she'll ever need it.

KGbsJmT.pngqWo8uFf.png

Orsin kills the sleeping General, while also stepping on one of the switches to open the door to Veld's room.

OO5FaDy.pngSlMqvJe.pngQdYfblJ.pngFdejYqJ.pngcrdJc7t.pngRCRMZc0.pngUwcWSCJ.png9t1P89a.png

The Berserk Berserker kills all of the non-Berserk Berserkers, while also taking heavy damage himself.

AAHDOnn.pngcwIIE4D.pngK6OKXBF.pngHuOlHry.png

After Pan opens the door to Draco's chamber, for extra irony, Mareeta kills the Deadlord that would've been created from the corpse of her adopted mother.

Rhpe7mb.pngQ7E2QK0.png3dCS926.png

Olwen then puts the Berserk Berserker out of his misery.

L4Cdpj2.pngwV9DUeC.pngeGHkjgl.png

Lithis gets danced and opens the door to Bovis's room...

ZeF8EIr.pngv3zbmjh.pngHvFqO3y.pngaAYiD9N.png

...allowing Tina and Linoan to kill the two Generals inside.

8mYROA6.pnggdYS7PF.png

0ZHHLno.png38BWGzZ.pngrLl9kku.png2JjAwG5.png

After Fergus anti-climatically captures Bovis, Lithis gets danced and heads toward Porcus's room.

faR8ZNT.pngyVGgToD.pngcTc1CM9.png5O21elJ.png

Mareeta and Pan kill the remaining Generals in Draco's room, with the latter staying behind to stand on the switch.

wQU0zsc.pngfEVpBRI.png

9NQyT8N.pngLEbkEXY.pngbdAViSr.pngcHYperJ.png

Fergus releases Bovis, and Lithis opens the door to Porcus's chamber, allowing Xavier to kill the General that didn't get put to sleep.

9xzRWFy.pngB4aGdge.pngv0kzi8T.pngaqVyZwy.png

Olwen kills Tigris in one hit with a critical Bolting! Fuck yeah, Olwen!

A0fxBk2.png3D7LpaF.png

For the next several turns, she's going to continue throwing Boltings at the two Generals inside Tigris's chamber until the cost is clear.

54ziPA5.pngDabJtrK.pngJ6WX68T.png

After Xavier kills Porcus, Lithis steps onto the switch. Ironically, Porcus would've been made from Lithis's corpse if this were my other save file.

vm9dj7j.pngLy1k5JX.pngC2qI7Sj.png85Y5WZT.pngCl6aoIc.pngJ5nKbK6.pngqkFPm08.png

Once the remaining Generals are dead...

S45At7Q.pngzGfEEUR.pngnqmPYiW.png

...we move our strongest fighters up against the door to Veld's chamber, and have Nanna Rewarp herself onto Tigris's switch.

XeqaRw5.pngxhNaUnQ.pngBXJVork.pngNe3GzmR.pngWlWSNOB.png

Cue the music!

JgcIhLM.pngiPBZAdy.png

That up smash!

7BkIcIe.pngbi6H2kQ.pngeUAYJWB.pngrnBwRAU.png

HAPPY FEET!

Oqx04GD.png

WOMBO COMBO!

h3eb3YO.png

THAT AIN'T FALCO!

iiATLep.png

Oh! OOOOHHH! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

vbrdgJL.png

WHERE YOU AT?!

3JQfob2.pngwmKtNob.pngcg4uGuJ.pngJhLnSQh.png

GET YO ASS WHUPPED!

SWbJncQ.png

MY DICK HURTS!

Jf1aY8j.pngDS6N29V.png

After the screen turns white, another song starts to play...

HqQe6fR.png7d5UxXK.pngtEdbhHp.pngxTyQyDk.pngplK3Njn.pngJMhQSZb.pnguraKpkw.pngjloTHCc.pngpOobJdn.pngd6B0fDE.pngxZLwvTm.png5jwInIf.png5foNECP.png2zyKaP5.pngmPD3feA.pngtbRnEFn.pngHomJMO3.pngIMuaNlW.pngmKzRJgr.pngrKHaphF.png0QDfjQe.pngNUC2vVc.png

Ironically, in FE4, it is possible for Leif to kill King Blume.

uqt9PVp.png9RFZyS3.pngwKC5nne.png0T8Fzoh.pngQfUnsiq.pngYEAzaqu.png5CIDMFc.png9R5nLqa.pngKU8LfX0.pngutfgkAh.pngkdqUXF4.pngGAnNz1D.pngN5WrzZO.pngPmbcJo7.pngJv5Fw88.pngmFFJEfL.pngCxngGOs.pnglK5m5VK.png2lDJpII.pngxeABemG.pnglituKDf.png0pKPjZI.pngxicMwjp.pngl56aesT.pngsmfMGQm.pngWGsftbA.png21TDweq.pngXUI3S7P.png95EPY3Y.png1rRS6zM.pngyuRSpEY.png5IlB9xt.pngN5Ssq1j.png6C7irME.png0Z72WFE.png2wYb84e.pngNf0MlXa.pngglh22hg.pngz3D0fye.pngEOIjP8S.png

Presumably this scene is different if you picked the A-route, but fuck if I'm playing through that again. theydonothing;

u7c3qKm.pngIM26Uxr.png0DetwuD.pngUWU26iF.png8wgqAfa.pngmr8XIwI.pngvqhngN6.png7cWxp27.png1ao7Urk.pngKyM7AG2.pngdgssCoQ.pngqjsWXoi.pngUZ0bbKH.png

Well, considering what series this is...

BqyoLE1.pngNwXaZEO.pngXyBdek7.pngzMuGQaO.pngHdY7p39.pngTTalAz8.pngwsmaWod.pngw1c4XIN.pngnrfgHXt.pngVo1JN1Q.pngsDuJ25t.pngC7oDlWd.pngNUiNoXP.png427CJWi.pngFwQyZ2R.pngS09n2Ov.pngn8nCPql.pngd2Zt57w.pngwm1Uorm.pngoyssQIc.pngA4sD0vn.pnglTKPb9S.pngFzpG1yw.pngkILuavQ.pngW5aFJdK.pngPyV9HfK.pngxXCaXtI.pngflr4cqQ.pngreDPBtM.pngYcqWyFI.pngV6F0U2u.png

It then starts playing a different music track as it displays my score:

Qj8dlDM.pngTqDTpFM.png7TkNeIp.png4kYHWHb.pngNw0FEcN.pngVf6IkXJ.pngbAjJAcT.pnghNMDAx1.png5pGcWJ2.pngx4czkdR.pnglHFHGxd.pngWkg2kVf.png

See if you can tell which chapters had Arenas in them. educate;

2NBAOOf.png

As the credits roll by, we get to listen to a nice song and look at a cute picture of the Leonster royal family.

But then it cuts to a different song as I battle against my old arch-nemesis: auto-scrolling text. anhero;

TeTAbjO.pngeWeqtRs.pngfjOXhnP.png

AHAHAHAHAHA no.

8eGR1CB.png"Leif took the throne of this New Kingdom Gx3LZmo.pngJDol3Bg.pngwyysDBd.pngfjnsWE5.png

Sorry for the awkward text. I have no way of knowing whether a sentence will continue for an extra screen or not.

05l1RTU.pngPidrsfd.pngdhr3r5k.pngyCCFlBc.pngPYediMk.pngQL8Kq8Y.pngB9i2PPA.pngxNSWYPW.png

It's rather odd when the epilogue switches between past and present tense, such as "no historical records" existing of where Finn went, only to describe Leif's marriage to Nanna as "still continuing to this day".

GIsvjE2.pngHURxdEi.pngQveqaGb.pngYOjQBlN.png

"Geas"? The fuck is that? Is it like how Lewyn spent the second half of Genealogy possessed by the spirit of Forseti?

"Still ashamed of her lack of discipline for having XlXpFA3.pngZLoBQPI.pngNA5EKG3.png

As of this writing, Mareeta only exists in Heroes in her "fallen" incarnation.

T97lGFS.pngZRcT0OP.pngo7QFsZf.pngrbBkdJP.pngKivONNL.pngljeXQJl.png

Sorry, Halvan, but the Bhuj was just too good.

e8Wqm8L.pngM5JbdcU.pngSEg2W3a.png

Even though I didn't use Tanya that much, I'll still remember that trick she did in Chapter 1.

7OJ6LAs.pngrQDIaK1.pnggTayBLe.pngj07qQOr.pngu5R5wD1.png

In earlier versions of the translation patch, Marty's epithet was translated as "The Man That Dagdar Loved". But if they had that kind of relationship, then where did Tanya come from? theydonothing;

78Zvkpu.pngWWIzH2O.png

Didn't use him, he sucked.

P95pSli.pngiLvA33h.png

One of the best units in the game, despite what her combat record says. Staffs are just that broken.

gLTGndA.pnglGHXrJx.pngvhw3d1F.png

Was it really necessary to take up three whole screenshots to basically say "history holds no record of him"?

vqcF3ug.pngwexZIcf.png4jofjz4.png

Fun fact: according to a Japan-only novelization, Lithis changed his name to Adrah, and is implied to be the same Adrah who founded the kingdom of Archanea. However, this contradicts other sources within the designer's notes, which state that Adrah lived about 400 years after the events of Genealogy.

lP0kUzg.pngAcZbEPD.pngoWGicig.png

Yes, and yes. More specifically, he's the result of a one-night-stand between Beowulf and an unnamed Connaught noblewoman.

fJzmsYo.pngvWLDbGQ.png524uDJy.png

Another MVP. Karin saw plenty of use as a carrier pigeon.

yLsTrJt.pngWIsbMCS.pngDZ1e7cm.pngRkcIO94.png

Good ol' Assblaster Asbel. Too bad we'll probably never get to see the conclusion of the LP that gave him that nickname.

BUdwLNp.pngndJmXuW.pngLRw5FnV.pngGTMZ3dB.pngWPHEBNC.png

Glad to see that these two got a happy ending. I couldn't have made it through the prison arc without them.

es0BIoy.png56tArsB.png5vxQ1Iw.png

Lara has quickly become one of my favorite Dancers in the series. Her utility as a Thief more than made up for her inability to refresh four units at a time.

fzDXvfi.pngtKSGs3v.pngP2iyaTo.pngSWs8HVK.png

Sorry, Dalsin. By the time it would've been your turn for a Master Seal, we already had Xavier.

htlTIVV.png8K2F93c.pngoj17268.pngF1stZhq.pngmSwEgu2.pngyvV2vM0.pngeOc2vSI.pngF3d0eG1.png

Give it up for the losers of Choose Your Legends years 1 and 2!

yMEnXzH.pnghhUtisr.png9JLU372.pngGU7DQ8q.pngzrIwz1S.png

Thanks for the free Brave Bow. Xavier greatly appreciated it.

TeL95sy.pngOhQEBOY.pngHKwo5fV.pnglUs2KsM.pnghdjegnr.pngUptWcnY.pngnurqrM8.pngx6roG3z.pngVf8Ns2Z.pngh1suji7.png

Who the fuck are these guys?

0TxmEGW.pngbrjN0CH.pngcqJWCRC.png

Good unit. Greatly appreciated not being fucked over by indoor maps.

ZWftqJB.pngIP9ehIV.pngZyjM0m6.pngQW2Lnis.png

Poor Olwen, forever overshadowed by her brother.

T2m3dUn.png2oABHTF.pngpTbMb54.pngAFnBYNH.png

Now I'm running out of things to say about the people who I never used...

jRVdJUM.pnggj9gjb5.pngbfQ4u1r.png

Our worst Thief overall, but still turned out pretty good.

6A3LSTg.png0Je8bl3.png

Who the fuck are you?

6SZAC0C.pngaylJLmz.pngkUtIXBV.png

Kinda bummed that we never got to use any Dark Magic besides Jormungand, but at least he was a great staff user.

Fd8bW6Q.pngYG6FBZw.png

My only regret is that she broke her Thief Staff before I recruited her. Imagine how much mileage we could've gotten out of an extra Hammerne's worth of uses?

quanobE.pngCW2vPSQ.pngwLNSo7E.pnghUBx2zu.pngUadRhlt.pngc1IE8NF.pngaJo9I1R.png

Considering it's probably canon that Arion survives the events of Genealogy and marries Altena, there's no reason why these two couldn't have hooked up.

m1IEHo0.pngIrd5doQ.pnggpffOgA.pngJNjsVIg.png

Doesn't it seem odd that Eda never mentioned the name of her liege and had Leif say "Hey, that's the same name as my older sister who was killed alongside my parents"?

E4bEcIg.pngatyqHm0.pngHTy0qvR.png

He later got a job at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.

FTF3F5m.pngyZILaGV.png

Even his Bargain skill ended up being grossly under-utilized.

BM9tUGD.png81YfHwb.pngGaKItiM.pngbdbXGpd.png

Guess he's not gonna wreck it after all.

VyShEFR.pngzvCxzDi.png

Zero wins, two losses. lol;

ec0ekvp.pngNky99xC.png

Nice 'stache.

yJ3xLWY.pngnKfWnj6.pngXPft9aA.png

He was a pain in the ass to recruit, but I'm glad I did.

NqlE8bc.pngZvyIqXA.png

Thanks for the Beo Blade.

l79wHIx.pngsLr2xn9.png

Despite being the legitimate heir of Fjalar, it looks like he passed up rulership of House Velthomer to Azel's kids instead. Regardless, I greatly appreciated his leadership stars.

XJnfjKp.pngB4VgZU3.pngMJjuyFv.png

Basically the same ending as Shiva's.

8JCfwGg.pngQEt8a3Z.png

While I'm still pissed that I ran out of Stamina Drinks, Veld went down so fast that Sarah wouldn't have had the chance to use the Kaia Staff anyway.

As a bonus, here are the endings for the units that we either didn't recruit, or only existed on Route A:

Portrait_amalda_fe05.png

Amalda, Retired Knight:

Amalda returned to the Dukedom of Friege, and devoted herself to restoring it to its former glory. House Friege's disastrous rule of North Thracia had depleted most of their manpower and ruined their family land. However, as the years went by, Amalda's tireless work gradually returned the land to its once-beautiful state.

Portrait_ced_fe05.png

Ced, Crusader of Wind:
Upon returning to Silesse, Ced at last took the throne, as the people had longed for him to do. With his indomitable spirit and tireless work ethic, the war-torn Silesse slowly regained its former beauty.

Portrait_misha_fe05.png

Misha, First of the New Holy Pegasus Knights:
After returning home, Misha joined the Silessean Holy Pegasus Knights. She later particpated in the Silessean Liberation Wars, and after the New Kingdom of Silesse was established, she became the first commander of the new Silessean Holy Pegasus Knights. A talented and just leader, she earned deep trust from both her superiors and her subordinates.

Portrait_eyrios_fe05.png

Ilios, Aspiring Knight:
In the New Kingdom of Thracia, Ilios at last achieved his dream when he was granted a title of nobility. However, the mighty warrior's skills were ill-suited for peacetime, and his government post ended in disaster. He mismanaged his district into ruin, though he was spared from punishment because of his service in the war. Reassigned to a symbolic, do-nothing post, he would often corner his subordinates and force them to listen to the same stories of his bygone glory days.

Portrait_sleuf_fe05.png

Schroff, Priest of Bragi:
After the war, instead of returning to the Tower of Bragi, Schroff traveled around the continent spreading the teachings of Edda. Schroff inspired other priests to do the same, and the Edda Church eventually became one of the leading religions of the continent.

0HrWlTs.png

So, final thoughts on this project:

Thracia 776 is the Sonic CD of Fire Emblem: it came out for a dying system, sold terribly, and only escaped falling into obscurity thanks to the very few die-hard fans that managed to play it, who insisted that it was the best game of the franchise's "classic era". Since nobody else had actually played it, there was nobody to refute that claim. But then as the game got re-released on the PC/actually got a decent translation patch, people finally started playing it and realized "wow, this is actually kinda shit tbh; Genealogy/3 and Knuckles is way better".

That's not to say that I hate the game. Far from it. There are quite a few things that I feel that Thracia handles better than a lot of other Fire Emblem games released after it (just look at how many times throughout the LP that I said "Sorry, but Thracia did it first!"). However, said innovations are bogged down by a lot of poorly-thought-out mechanics, obtuse secrets, and bullshit difficulty spikes. You saw for yourself how often I had to re-load whenever something stupid happened, but imagine how frustrating it would be for someone playing on a physical cartridge without access to save-states. And keep in mind, this was played using Elite Mode, which is supposed to make the game easier by doubling all experience gains.

The capture mechanic was an interesting idea in theory, but ultimately I had the same problem with it that I have with the "steal" command in any other JRPG: why can't I just loot the rare item off of the enemy's dead body? Likewise, the Fatigue mechanic is completely counter-intuitive to one of the core fundamentals of the Fire Emblem experience: building an army of your favorite units and focusing on them. What Kaga probably meant to do was to encourage players to experiment by using different units of the same class, but that just brings up the same counter-argument that people had against breakable weapons in Breath of the Wild: forced diversity is not real diversity. Fog of war is a mechanic that I feel the series definitely would've been better off without, as it does nothing more than make things more frustrating for the player. And the way it's handled in this game in particular is especially awful, as you can't even see where you're going. The music note was useful when it activated, and may have served as the inspiration for Galeforce further down the line, but the fact that it's entirely luck-based means that it's impossible to build a strategy around it. And don't even get me started on staffs being able to miss...

But that's enough negativity, let's focus on the things I liked. Well, I thought some of the maps were creatively-designed. Not as grand in scale as Genealogy's maps, but still fun to play. The story worked well enough as a supplement to Genealogy's, even if it was somewhat derivative of other games if viewed in a vaccum. And really, that's about the best thing I can say about Thracia as a whole: it's a good companion piece to Genealogy, but if you're not already a Jugdral fan, it's not going to win you over.

Thanks for reading!