The House - N4A Chat Thread - August 2019

April

N4A Monthly Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what's ur fav House era?

• Kaga's Inferno
    • Eliwood's Fun Time Party Advance
    • Ike can solo the game but can he stop this series from being cancelled?
    • The Great Waifu Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/19 at 05:59 AM

Assuming y'all are talking about ProJared, I watched the video expecting it to be bad and something I would click out of in a few minutes, but he has some pretty strong arguments and evidence for his case, particularly regarding the underage-sexting stuff. It still feels a bit slimy in certain places, but also enough to potentially reconsider.

his video tl;dw:
- starts with showing screenshots that include cropped parts of the convo where he did ask for one person's age
- he presents a blog post written by the other accuser who didn't have any screenshots or anything, wherein they talk about how they suffered a TBI that rendered them hospitalized and with severe memory issues during the timeframe in which they claimed to have been in contact with him
- an alibi for another accusation by Pamela (idk anything about this one personally) where he says the supposed panel never actually existed, but claims she seems honest about her situation, and that he's been mistakenly accused
- a few minutes at the end insisting no cheating occured and defending holly, claiming that he had tried to separate but that it was being refused with threat of sabotaging his career
(this part has evidence which he states he can't show currently due to an ongoing court case, instead showing blurred screenshots of them)

Edited by Pichi
9 minutes ago, wildflower said:

you know what, i had a huge post typed up in an attempt to reveal why the scumbag is, indeed, a scumbag still but if you're gonna be swayed by an incredibly obvious act of pushing blame elsewhere and attempt at salvaging a career he burned to the ground himself then maybe its not worth my time after all y;

no, I'm definitely willing to reconsider, and I was never a fan to begin with. it does still feel slimy, but since i happened to watch it i just tried to present them as he said it since y'all asked for summaries.

Edited by Pichi

"pretty strong arguments" sounds like an endorsement and I shouldn't have said that, but I was expecting 45 minutes of "feel bad for me" that i would stop watching a quarter of the way through so I was a bit surprised. the "they're e-begging" part and tone-deafness about what victims have to deal with was extra gross though

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Your face was a mediocre game.:|

I’d by lying if I heard that one before. 

1 hour ago, wildflower said:

men will really know a man abused his wife and his audience and keep supporting him anyway huh.

You know, I don’t have answers. This whole world is messed up sometimes. I’m not perfect either. I have said things and have done stuff I regret (not on an extreme level), and even though I try to move forward, that which I have said or done will never leave my mind. I’ll leave it at that, because I would post some stuff that would get too real and personal. 

1 hour ago, Young P said:

Can someone summarize what he says in that video so I don't have to watch it

Provides evidence of his claims about the underage thing, other things, and he wanted to leave Heidi, but she wouldn’t let him. He left NB on his own will, you know the rest. He’s been silent but has seen the logical fallacy people like to say “poisoning the well.” He just wants to move on and make more videos. I mean, if your character has been attacked, wouldn’t you want to defend yourself? It’s much better than just trying to run away from the issue. He also wants to let the drama to be let to rest, and people stop harassing him, Heidi, and Holly, since no one is having fun.  

He also says you don’t have to believe him, just get the information before to decide his conscience. 

9 minutes ago, XLW said:

He also says you don’t have to believe him, just get the information before to decide his conscience. 

every guilty person who has ever tried to make a defense video tries the "you don't have to believe me, just hear me out/look at the information" line so that doesn't really help his image lol

Edited by Pichi

Well having not watched the video, and having no intention of watching it, I'm willing to believe that his defense maybe merits consideration, at least in a legal context. But I don't think that matters too much because this is more about being a martyr and trying to rebuild his image. So in a court-of-public-opinion context, what I'm seeing from that summary is a scummy person trying to leverage half-truths and kernels of doubt to manipulate his audience to defend him. It's not hard to see why considering how many times this tactic has succeeded for successful men who fell victim to "cancel culture." I've already seen his fans on twitter imploring dissenters to "just watch the video," another way of casting doubt by putting the idea out there that anyone who's not willing to engage with his arguments, specifically by watching this long-ass tirade that any non-fan is unlikely to sit through, is not allowed to criticize him.

46 minutes ago, wildflower said:

l but if you're gonna be swayed by an incredibly obvious act of pushing blame elsewhere

Okay, so you can’t defend against your character being attacked, but can’t run away from it either. Besides, it’s a he/she says thing, so why can’t we question the ones making the allegations? They’re the ones who brought dirt, so it’s not like they’re clean too. They have just as much reasonable doubt in this stake.  

And he wants the cheating allegation to be put to rest. 

10 minutes ago, Pichi said:

every guilty person who has ever tried to make a defense video tries the "you don't have to bleieve me, just hear me out/look at the information" line so that doesn't really help his image lol

Fair enough. I don’t have the real story. Maybe more stuff will come up. 

-But I don't think that matters too much because this is more about being a martyr and trying to rebuild his image. So in a court-of-public-opinion context, what I'm seeing from that summary is a scummy person trying to leverage half-truths and kernels of doubt to manipulate his audience to defend him.  

I agree that he’s not a saint. But then again, are any of us perfect role models? And again, I don’t know. I don’t. You don’t. We don’t. This is just something we don’t have all the answers.  

Arrerrerrreerrreeeeegh!

one of the weirdest aspects of writing my thesis (my PI is back after two years so I think I can finally gtf out of here) is continuously chasing down references and realizing that a lot of it ends with "experimental work still pending based on lab"

with said lab being our lab

and said experimenter being me

it's a weird feeling y'all y;

Edited by Ares

AVGN should have known better than to contribute to the maelstrom around that movie at that moment in time.

6 minutes ago, XLW said:

I agree that he’s not a saint. But then again, are any of us perfect role models? And again, I don’t know. I don’t. You don’t. We don’t. This is just something we don’t have all the answers.  

Arrerrerrreerrreeeeegh!

This isn't a math problem though, we're dealing with human beings. True, we objectively don't have the answers. But when this situation comes up, try considering it from other angles, such as: what does this accuser stand to gain from accusing this person, versus just keeping quiet? Why would they take the risk of kicking that hornets nest? Nine times out of ten, there is no material gain to be had. She chose to speak up despite having every reason not to, including the inevitability of having his substantial fanbase try to harass her off the internet, as well as alienating people in her personal life.

His sainthood is not at stake, and that use of language is part of the gambit. There's no point in debating the character of someone we don't know. This issue is about his actions and nothing more.

1 hour ago, Young P said:

But when this situation comes up, try considering it from other angles, such as: what does this accuser stand to gain from accusing this person, versus just keeping quiet? Why would they take the risk of kicking that hornets nest? Nine times out of ten, there is no material gain to be had. She chose to speak up despite having every reason not to, including the inevitability of having his substantial fanbase try to harass her off the internet, as well as alienating people in her personal life.

His sainthood is not at stake, and that use of language is part of the gambit. There's no point in debating the character of someone we don't know. This issue is about his actions and nothing more.

Maybe they want attention, like PJ said. Look at the subscribers they got since it all blew up. They may not wanted money, but fame... ? Internet history is something to be remembered for, good and bad. Then again, this is conjecture. The people who brought this up declined in popularity since they were questioned.  

Still, that site is probably the biggest “NO” I’ll ever say against him. Really, WHY?! Never forgiving him for that. The other part is one thing he just wants over, and I’ll leave it alone. Not everyone has a happily ever after.

54 minutes ago, ace said:

I don’t want to see this sniveling shitbag’s face on any of my feeds anymore. Fuck him and fuck the people that defend him. 

You might F me then. I know what I’ll say might not be right anyways.  

As in just give me the middle finger. Hate me.

Edited by XLW
1 hour ago, ace said:

People like you spouting stupid bullshit are why a lot of women don’t come forwards. The first reaction is to always doubt them because they’re just doing it “for attention”. 

So if you do want to defend him, yes, fuck you too. 

I concede to that.  

I didn’t defend him when the accusations first came out. I’ve seen a lot of Law and Order SVU to know that those types of crime and people are heinous and never forgivable. And I don’t think he’s in the clear either. His video is rather shaky at times, and the whole “attention” thing isn’t entirely justifiable. I also partially hate myself for thinking that. Last, it was kind of bogus to attack one of the people in question because of their disability. As a personal who has a mental one, that was kind of a low blow to bring up. That was an ugly moment in that video. I’m not a real good judge of character, I admit that.

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

He could have just as easily dropped the screenshots ages ago without attacking their character and gained much needed credibility too. At least against his most heinous accusation.

Who and what here? There’s two matters, the underage thing, or the cheating on his wife thing?

Yeah... let’s just end it here. Nothing is happening, like bricks being thrown at brick walls. Pointless. I’m tired of this, and YouTube drama has always been messy. I have to read this again the next time something like this comes up, so I have to mindslap to say “NO”. If I don’t, I hope someone brings this post up.  

I’m going back to playing Banjo Kazooie. I’m tired of... whatever it is I’m trying to say now. Hate myself, indeed.

Edited by XLW