The House - N4A Chat Thread - August 2019

April

N4A Monthly Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what's ur fav House era?

• Kaga's Inferno
    • Eliwood's Fun Time Party Advance
    • Ike can solo the game but can he stop this series from being cancelled?
    • The Great Waifu Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/19 at 05:59 AM

49 minutes ago, luca said:

Golden Sun is a series that has a bunch of fantastic ideas (psynergy, djinn class system) stuck in an otherwise really dry RPG series that underutilizes them.  I wouldn't want another game in the series unless it drops some of its archaic conventions.

Fair point. What would you have it drop?

I've been struggling with depression since I was 12. Some days are harder than others. At my worst, I attempted suicide by stabbing myself with a barbecue skewer.

But more recently, I came to a conclusion:

Depression is a disease. And the purpose of a disease is to kill you.

However, depression is an extremely lazy disease. Instead of shutting down your vital organs or disabling your immune system, depression hides out in your brain and tries to get you to do all the hard work for it.

That's why I've resolved not to commit suicide. Because if depression wants me dead that badly, it needs to get off it's lazy ass and kill me itself.

Kind of nervous. I'm on the guest list to go to some wine tasting event at a country club. I got the invitation after a charity organization reached out to me after seeing my work and asked me to donate a few pieces to their silent auction. I'm still debating whether or not I should bother showing up. Being an ok fan artist seems kind of embarrassing in that type of setting. 

50 minutes ago, DNLINK said:

Kind of nervous. I'm on the guest list to go to some wine tasting event at a country club. I got the invitation after a charity organization reached out to me after seeing my work and asked me to donate a few pieces to their silent auction. I'm still debating whether or not I should bother showing up. Being an ok fan artist seems kind of embarrassing in that type of setting. 

Don't think of yourself as a "fan-artist". All forms of art are equally valid.

The Sistine Chapel was commissioned fanart of the Bible. Mona Lisa commissioned DaVinci to paint her OC based on herself. Shakespeare wrote his own fanfiction about Julius Caesar, and Queen Elizabeth liked it so much that she paid him to adapt it into a play.

Somebody out there was so impressed by your "fanart" that they want to pay you money to paint something for them.

5 hours ago, DNLINK said:

I've seen your work and it's nothing to be called fan artist. To me it's a combination of adoration of videogames and other media and fine art with all the portraits you make. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2
On 7/31/2019 at 5:13 PM, wildflower said:

whats a tag

OH do u mean my sig, thamk u its v old but im feeling v romantic bc im getting married tomorrow flower; 

i figured i'd had miku long enough...gotta switch it up every once in a while 

If anything could convince me to check here more often it is seeing that I missed this. I feel rude now. Congratulations! I hope it went well. I am happy for you!

8 hours ago, fuzz said:

https://twitter.com/N4A_nintendo

this acct is odd

i have nothing to add to this other than yeah, that is really weird y;

2 hours ago, a/0 said:

If anything could convince me to check here more often it is seeing that I missed this. I feel rude now. Congratulations! I hope it went well. I am happy for you!

oh, thank you! flower; it was a lowkey affair and making proper statements on life events still feels strange to me, so don't feel bad haha