The House - N4A Chat Thread - August 2019

April

N4A Monthly Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what's ur fav House era?

• Kaga's Inferno
    • Eliwood's Fun Time Party Advance
    • Ike can solo the game but can he stop this series from being cancelled?
    • The Great Waifu Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/19 at 05:59 AM

3 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

If nothing else, it was a series.

I imagine everyone here has a favorite game that simply never got a sequel. 

Codename_St.jpg

I'd even settle for a Switch port with updated support for Roy, Corrin, Chrom, Tiki, Alm, and Celica's amiibo.

1 hour ago, wildflower said:

whats a tag

OH do u mean my sig, thamk u its v old but im feeling v romantic bc im getting married tomorrow flower; 

i figured i'd had miku long enough...gotta switch it up every once in a while 

Real shit? 

CONGRATS!

camelot just needs to make another mario golf. and then pray nintendo doesn't make another system so they need to do mario sports again. And then pawn off whatever other mario sports project so square enix. and only then, if Nintendo remembers golden sun, we'll get a sequel that inevitably pretends dark dawn doesn't happen so we'll never know.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Golden Sun is now a legal adult.

Will we ever get a follow-up to Dark Dawn’s cliffhanger ending?

Or would it be better to just do a reboot?

That's a good question. Either would be ok, as long as they never do Points of No Return again. Hated those in Dark Dawn. It's why I haven't played it for so long. 

Golden Sun hasn't aged that well at all to me, to be completely honest.  Presentation, music, and graphics are top notch, and the dungeons and puzzles are super good.  But the battle system is bad where it's brute-force djinn cooldowns and summons, the random encounters are obnoxious, the story is generic as hell with mostly bland characters, and the pace is glacial.

The battle system is so cool but never pushed beyond spamming your strongest spells/cooldowns and defensive abilities.

Edited by luca
12 hours ago, luca said:

Golden Sun hasn't aged that well at all to me, to be completely honest.  Presentation, music, and graphics are top notch, and the dungeons and puzzles are super good.  But the battle system is bad where it's brute-force djinn cooldowns and summons, the random encounters are obnoxious, the story is generic as hell with mostly bland characters, and the pace is glacial.

The battle system is so cool but never pushed beyond spamming your strongest spells/cooldowns and defensive abilities.

Fair enough. Yea the random encounters could be a bit much at times.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fair enough. Yea the random encounters could be a bit much at times.

Golden Sun is a series that has a bunch of fantastic ideas (psynergy, djinn class system) stuck in an otherwise really dry RPG series that underutilizes them.  I wouldn't want another game in the series unless it drops some of its archaic conventions.