Fire Emblem Three Houses discussion thread

Finished the Black Eagles route (major endgame spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler

I sided with Edelgard when prompted.

But I did not realize that Edelgard's route is actually shorter than the others, which is especially a shame since there are some significant plot points that are unexplored on her route. I really wanted to see more of the story behind Rhea and the church, as well as those creepy guys that are pretty much never mentioned again. Kinda feel like I shouldn't have done this one first, in fact. Oh well, I was probably going to play them all regardless, and I never really trusted Rhea so opposing her was fine by me. Not sure what I'm going to do next, though: I made a save right before the big decision with Edelgard so I could play through that path, or I could start fresh with a different house, and the benefits of New Game Plus.

25 minutes ago, Palutena said:

Ha, hahah, I thought I was S-ranking Dorothea but I have feelings for Shamir

Good taste those are 2 of my favorites as well. I ended up going with Dorothea for first my first Black Eagles run but Shamir is probably my favorite. My original plan was Dorothea, Manuela, Hilda and Shamir. 

But then I went and decided to do a female character for my Blue Lions run so now Inhvae no idea what to do with the S rank. 

43 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Just made it to December.

So I picked Dorothea as my candidate for the dance contest, but for some reason the quest prompt asking me to pick a student is still on the screen, with no green checkmark. Is this a bug?

No. The quest isn't completed until the dance competition proper I'd over.

Make sure Dorethea has charm. Lots of charm. All of the charm.

Just now, Ares said:

No. The quest isn't completed until the dance competition proper I'd over.

Make sure Dorethea has charm. Lots of charm. All of the charm.

Just get it to at least 13. Who knows why they chose that number. Maybe that's the stat of the other contestants at the time. Although, Dimitri won on my Golden Deer route of all things. To be fair, no one on my team was qualified. Marianne for Pegasister forever!

Granted I spoiled my Dorothea a bit because she was my S rank. But she had like 22 Cha by time I did the event. Even if you didn't spoil her I think she'd be fine as she's probably the closest thing to the "canon" dancer of this game. 

Mentioning dancers, I'm gonna be weird and make Sylvain mine for BL, I've heard people have actually had decent success with that.

My question is while preparing him to be a dancer is it better to keep him a melee class or should I change him to a magic class so he can actually get some magic growths? I know he has pretty ok natural strength growth so I'm thinking making him a magic class will get him a bit more well roinded. But I'm also afraid he'll be too squishy if I go mage/warlock until the dance month.  

*checks Wiki* 

It looks like he won't have any problems gaining skill experience normally for light and black magic, and has a *** for black magic. Still, the maximum stats for magic and res are the worst for him, his growths for them are not good compared to the rest, and his magic is mediocre and not as varied as other classes. It's safer for him to be melee. Not sure about the benefits of being a magic class... though, his HP and Speed are maybe the best parts of him.