Fire Emblem Three Houses discussion thread

Chapter 6 battle spoilers:

Spoiler

Had an absolutely harrowing time trying to figure out how to get the Dark Seal from the Dark Knight when he's able to one-shot every single one of my characters (sometimes twice over!). Kept going back and forth on whether or not I should even bother trying, but finally just charged in with my Byleth since he could at least survive a single hit, and healed him up after each turn. Still had my fingers crossed the whole time since the Dark Knight had like a 19 crit rate, but in the end I got the seal!

8 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Chapter 6 battle spoilers:

Hide contents

Had an absolutely harrowing time trying to figure out how to get the Dark Seal from the Dark Knight when he's able to one-shot every single one of my characters (sometimes twice over!). Kept going back and forth on whether or not I should even bother trying, but finally just charged in with my Byleth since he could at least survive a single hit, and healed him up after each turn. Still had my fingers crossed the whole time since the Dark Knight had like a 19 crit rate, but in the end I got the seal!

I think what you're "supposed" to do is steal it with a thief then either use a combat art to get them to safety or just end the map since the win conditions for his map are pretty controllable. But you way works too lol 

I think I fucked something up.

I assume I'm at the same battle that @Eliwood8 was talking about, except it's only Chapter 4; not 6.

My party is in the spoiler.

EAxPjDQU4AIbDvN?format=jpg&name=mediumEAxPjDnU0AATe4H?format=jpg&name=medium

Somehow I feel like I might be under-leveled because I kept choosing "explore" instead of "battle" because I was afraid of missing something important from the Monastery. I made my Byleth a Thief, but for some reason the "steal" command doesn't show up when I position her next to Donkey Kong?

If your speed is lower than the enemy's you won't be able to steal—in fact you won't even see the "steal" prompt. Don't worry about being under-leveled though, that enemy is supposed to be overwhelmingly powerful. And as you might have figured out from my earlier post, this won't be the last time you encounter the Death Knight.

It's not that hard to have enough speed to steal from the enemy in question. If planned optimally from Black Eagles, then you would reclass Petra into a thief because she has the highest personal growth rate in speed over any other house member. If you recruit Annette or Ignatz early enough, you could potentially have them learn Rally Speed via authority by the first encounter with that enemy if you need an extra boost.

Yeah flubbed the whole thief thing hard for my first playthrough didn't get a single item off him and. In fact I still don't have a lockpicker and I'm on chapter 10. I need to get the old idea of how classes work out of my head because it's prevented me from grabbing some skills that could have been useful even if I didn't use them in their typical class. 

Just finished Chapter 5

Spoiler

Seeing how I was on Normal/Casual for my first playthrough I figured I would try and take on the Death Knight. That was fun, considering I was using Byleth at Level 10 who only grew to Lv 10 while on the mission so didn't have the chance to class change to an Intermediate class beforehand. Anyway, managed to take out more than half of its HP before Byleth fell, and then Brigand Hilda took him out from there. So i have my Dark Seal, saving it for when Ignatz gets his Reason skill up just a little higher so he can pass the certification, sitting at 66% right now.

Sadly, I have not recruited anyone to Golden Deer yet, aiming for Bernadetta and Annette first but needing Strength stat/Bow skill for the former and Magic stat/Faith skill for the latter is frustrating.

1 hour ago, Surge135 said:

Just finished Chapter 5

Reveal hidden contents

Seeing how I was on Normal/Casual for my first playthrough I figured I would try and take on the Death Knight. That was fun, considering I was using Byleth at Level 10 who only grew to Lv 10 while on the mission so didn't have the chance to class change to an Intermediate class beforehand. Anyway, managed to take out more than half of its HP before Byleth fell, and then Brigand Hilda took him out from there. So i have my Dark Seal, saving it for when Ignatz gets his Reason skill up just a little higher so he can pass the certification, sitting at 66% right now.

Sadly, I have not recruited anyone to Golden Deer yet, aiming for Bernadetta and Annette first but needing Strength stat/Bow skill for the former and Magic stat/Faith skill for the latter is frustrating.

You can grind out supports. I classnapped Linhardt by simply having a B rank in supports; my Byleth hasn't used magic a day in his life.

So I'm near the skip and have 3 characters who are at B rank who haven't asked to join my house yet and won't when I ask. Is it just random? Or so they have to have be a decent chunk into B support? I'm not too worried about it because I plan to do multiple playthroughs and prefer to use the class for the route I'm playing. But might as well get them if I've already got them to B rank and that allows you too.