Fire Emblem Three Houses discussion thread

Beat the Golden Deers route. That was fun, but I feel the last few chapters were a bit weak. Spoilers for GD/probably all routes but only talking about GD

I feel having Edelgard as the antagonist was a really effective twist, and after she left having Thales and Nemesis as the final bosses felt a bit weak. Without any of the political intrigue, it was basically like "please delete clearly evil scum" and it does a good enough job to tie up loose ends but felt like unfinished business. Nemesis being the final boss felt like just having him for the sake of it; Thales wouldn't have been a good final boss but no one else in the world was there. It works, but again.

If I replay this, I'll probably go with Edelgard's route next. But I want to take a small break.

Edited by Ares

Played through Felix's paralogue last night, and made a useful discovery:

Green Units can't kill bosses. All they can do is reduce their HP to one. Even if the battle forecast says that they'll kill the boss, their attack will either miss, or deal no damage.

Useful if you're on a "kill boss" map and want to fuck around opening treasure chests.

The end is the best part.

Seteth is the best doting fodder this game deserves.

14 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

It took me until now to notice you can make the little Byleth sprite on the loading screen jump by pressing B.

:o For real?!? What were doing at the loading screens?!? Did you walk away and did something else while the game loads?!?

Doting fodder? Sounds like an unofficial feh epithet. "My statline is literally worse than the next best lance flier but I come with swift sparrow 3, please eat me."

During loading screens, Byleth can jump by pressing B and move left/right by using motion controls. I try to make him jump from one big dot to another big dot because idk, it's something to do.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

:o For real?!? What were doing at the loading screens?!? Did you walk away and did something else while the game loads?!?

Well, yeah. Some of the loading screens can be a little long, so I'd open up Ninfora for all of the scintillating conversation here.

18 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

How many units am I allowed to bring to the final boss (assuming it's the same for every route like in Fates)?

I'm approaching the point where a few stragglers are below the "recommended level" for story missions, and think it may be time to start benching people.

For me, it was the entire Golden Deers class plus three more, which happened to Linhardt, Ashe, and Sylvain.

A good tip for stragglers is the adjucant system, since they get experience. I benched Lorenz originally because he's a little shit, but post timeskip he felt too important to keep benched (even if his combat wasn't great); I want to use plot important characters. The adjucant system kept him from falling too far behind in levels.

Edited by Ares
7 hours ago, Ares said:

For me, it was the entire Golden Deers class plus three more, which happened to Linhardt, Ashe, and Sylvain.

A good tip for stragglers is the adjucant system, since they get experience. I benched Lorenz originally because he's a little shit, but post timeskip he felt too important to keep benched (even if his combat wasn't great); I want to use plot important characters. The adjucant system kept him from falling too far behind in levels.

To add to this, you can increase the amount of adjucant when you raise your professor level.

So you can add more characters who are weaker in level with stronger characters to gain experience.

For and me my plus 4 with Golden Deer it is Felix, Petra, Catherine and Cyril.