Fire Emblem Three Houses discussion thread

So for anyone that has already started, when you put your birthday in does Sothis comment that it's the same as hers?

It's a start of game thing but I'll put the tag just in case.

I got it earlier today after work. Played it for almost 2 hours, 2 hours ago. Already picked my house but since I'm doing a playthrough on Youtube, I'll keep my secrets.

4 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

So for anyone that has already started, when you put your birthday in does Sothis comment that it's the same as hers?

I watched a live gameplay of Gamexplain showing that part yesterday. When I first seen I knew her answer will be the same for all.

I swear with each FE it's like they are making these avatars more fated for greater things that is beyond our comprehension. I am alone in seeing this?!?

Played about 3.5 hours tonight, so these are just my first impressions.

Picked Blue Lions. Dimitri isn't nearly as douchey as I had feared, he seems like a genuine person. Much of the cast seems likeable, and I'm glad it seems they geared more towards quality over quantity in this entry.

Presentation just feels sloppy, however. I like that they've fully animated cutscenes and even support conversations, but the game has the technical prowess of an early PS2 game. The only nice looking features are some of the texture work and the heads of character models (texture quality on the bodies is abysmal.) I'm sort of convinced at this stage that the Switch has weaker graphics than the WiiU. Voice acting is good, though. Male Byleth is kind of dull, so I'm glad the voice actor is being replaced later (I would almost prefer him to be mute.)

Much of the time exploring the Monarch kind of feels like an expanded My Castle. I've played for 3.5 hours, and I've had maybe 3 battles in that time? I'd rather my time outside of battles to be short, not to instead comprise the length of an entire other game. And I'm just not sure how much of these little side activities matter in the long run, so when the game offers me the "skip" option, I worry I'm missing out on important decisions.

I'm interested in seeing where the game goes, but the slow and plodding way of which this game plays has hindered my excitement into playing more.

• Chrom featured this topic

Yeah, it's chore but I want to make sure that I want to train the students who I want to be stronger so it feels like I'm stuck between a rock and hard place.

And I have the to who I want to marry. Petra, I knew how she look and her name but I love speaking with her. She has very interesting way of speak and she like warmer weather to. So I'm trying make her join my class the Golden Deer.

18 hours ago, Ares said:

Question: is there any significant point to doing exploration more than once per month? I have to choose between a battle and exploration, and I saw *most* people chose exploration, but I'd want to do a battle if I can.

Exploring is the only way you can increase your professor level, so taking extra opportunities to explore the monastery will boost it more quickly and obtain the benefits of a higher professor level sooner, such as additional activity points, a higher monthly allowance, and being able to take master certification exams.

Exploring is also a convenient alternative to building support points and motivation versus taking on a battle (which only does the former) and resting (which only does the latter). You might want to explore again so you can recruit someone you're interested in who you're now able to (after taking on a battle or seminars/faculty training), or maybe you want to keep revisiting the greenhouse and harvest valuable items like stat boosters.

If you feel like your roster can take probably on the monthly mission early based on the suggested level, it may be a good use of time spending your remaining days doing things other than battling. Remember that it's not just unit levels that need to be raised, but your professor level and skill levels too.

Only just barely started last night, but I can't believe I played for two hours and only actually got to play two short battles. I'm sure the division of exploring the monastery and battling balances out eventually but yeesh, introducing ~30 characters right out of the gate is exhausting.

I went with Black Eagles, specifically just to do something different from what I'd normally do in a game like this (based on the personalities of the three leaders, I normally would've gone with something like Golden Deer).

I'm about 12 hours in but feel like I'm not that far, maybe half way through part 1? Taking my sweet time I guess. I'm playing on hard so not sure how much that impacts my playtime. I've also left it on while grabbing food and stuff so that time may be a bit inflated. 

All that said I'm enjoying it a ton so far. I don't even mind the exploring and stuff. I went Black Eagles first but plan to do all of the routes. For S rank there are too many I like even with multiple playthroughs. I was thinking Dorothea for this run but Petra, Manuela, Catherine and Shamir all also seem cool. Hilda and Mercedes too but I'll save them for their respective houses. 

My only big gripe is still honestly that there is no Byleth appearance customization. They feel even more of a self insert than Robin or Corrin even ever were so not being able to customize them is a bummer. Especially because I'm not a big fan of either of their appearances. 

Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

So you know the part of the game when Bylets gets one of the 10 relics swords. Since I went with Golden Deer and everybody should know Claude's personality by now, the way that he deduce that Rhea was not the target of assassination but what was in the mausoleum tomb where one of the 10 relic swords.

So obviously everyone playthrough will lead them there. I am curious if any of you head leader came to the conclusion that they should go to the Mausoleum too? I don't need to know how they found out if each leader surmise that is the target.

I'm curious like Claude is as himself if any of the house leader thought that Rhea was not the target. The way the Claude deduce it is so Claude and really caters to his personality. You can tell me about the how but I more interested in the why the respective house leaders came to the same conclusion or not?

On 7/28/2019 at 2:52 PM, DLurkster said:

Spoilers ahead!

Hide contents

So you know the part of the game when Bylets gets one of the 10 relics swords. Since I went with Golden Deer and everybody should know Claude's personality by now, the way that he deduce that Rhea was not the target of assassination but what was in the mausoleum tomb where one of the 10 relic swords.

So obviously everyone playthrough will lead them there. I am curious if any of you head leader came to the conclusion that they should go to the Mausoleum too? I don't need to know how they found out if each leader surmise that is the target.

I'm curious like Claude is as himself if any of the house leader thought that Rhea was not the target. The way the Claude deduce it is so Claude and really caters to his personality. You can tell me about the how but I more interested in the why the respective house leaders came to the same conclusion or not?

I don't know about Blue Lions, but on the Black Eagles path, the idea that the assassination attempt could potentially be a ruse is first brought up by Hubert and the player is prompted to either ask what they mean or propose that it's actually distraction. If you say that it's a distraction, then Edelgard will agree with you, and she goes off to explain why she thinks so. While Edelgard doesn't handle the topic all on her own, she does entertain the same possibility just like Claude.

As an aside, I would suggest prefacing spoilers with some kind of heads up describing what you're talking about, like which chapter/path just so people don't blindly see a spoiler they aren't prepared to see. For example what we're discussing is just something that happens during chapter 4 but unassuming people wouldn't know that or think it's something that happens much later in the game.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't know about Blue Lions, but on the Black Eagles path, the idea that the assassination attempt could potentially be a ruse is first brought up by Hubert and the player is prompted to either ask what they mean or propose that it's actually distraction. If you say that it's a distraction, then Edelgard will agree with you, and she goes off to explain why she thinks so. While Edelgard doesn't handle the topic all on her own, she does entertain the same possibility just like Claude.

As an aside, I would suggest prefacing spoilers with some kind of heads up describing what you're talking about, like which chapter/path just so people don't blindly see a spoiler they aren't prepared to see. For example what we're discussing is just something that happens during chapter 4 but unassuming people wouldn't know that or think it's something that happens much later in the game.

My apologizes.

I was overly excited about this part in the game that I guess I what started out the post and ending made it very vague.

Also for those who blindly look at the spoiler but don't want accidentally stumble upon something they have not encounter yet. Why are you looking there anyway, it's in spoiler tag in the first place?!? I can't stop someone from peeking at what they want to look at but all the same, I just expect that someone not to say I didn't want to be spoiled when it was clearly hidden for a reason.

With that all said, just remove that post for me please and thank you.