Trump Sexual Assaults: Women are coming forward

Xenocity

3 hours ago, Yellow said:

I'm just going off what I've experienced and what I've been taught, just as you have. Accountability of the victim has always been questioned regardless of crime, I've never seen a case where it wasn't. Not because necessarily they were accountable, just because you want to do anything you can to prevent it in the future.

I'd like to know what you've been taught and where, so I can personally inform them that they're just as fucked up as the people following through with these acts.

Insinuating anything along the lines of "well did the person put themselves in this situation" is condoning the act by proxy, and before you respond by saying there is a grey area with these things - there is not.  It's very black-and-white.  It is one person's choice to commit any kind of crime, including rape.  It is not a victim's choice to participate in this crime, nor is it their choice to be put more "at risk" than another person, because risk is subjective no matter who you ask.  To put it even simpler:

Prevention by one individual does absolutely nothing to negate the intentions of another individual committing the crime.  This goes beyond rape, beyond extremes, and applies to every day scenarios.  What do you not understand about this?

@Subies&Vape STI, don't start with shit like that. If you read his post and comprehended it, you'd know that's not even close to what he said.

He's right, anyway: I'm not taking anything away from anybody in the past two or three pages (I mean, I participated in it myself). These are things that need to be said for the sake of civil decency. But considering how far we've veered off the rails, we're a bit lucky this thread is even still open.

Edited by Schmengland
23 minutes ago, Ret said:

I'd like to know what you've been taught and where, so I can personally inform them that they're just as fucked up as the people following through with these acts.

Insinuating anything along the lines of "well did the person put themselves in this situation" is condoning the act by proxy, and before you respond by saying there is a grey area with these things - there is not.  It's very black-and-white.  It is one person's choice to commit any kind of crime, including rape.  It is not a victim's choice to participate in this crime, nor is it their choice to be put more "at risk" than another person, because risk is subjective no matter who you ask.  To put it even simpler:

Prevention by one individual does absolutely nothing to negate the intentions of another individual committing the crime.  This goes beyond rape, beyond extremes, and applies to every day scenarios.  What do you not understand about this?

I was planning to stop here and have the topic resume it's course.

If it really interests you we can talk about it in a pm. I just feel like I've gone on too long talking about it here.

Did anyone catch tonight's news?

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37658316

2 new women have come forward. 

Former Apprentice contestant Summer Zervos said the businessman forced himself on her at a Los Angeles hotel and began "thrusting his genitals".

Kristin Anderson told the Washington Post he reached up her skirt and groped her in a New York club in the 1990s.

Mr Trump's spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said in a statement emailed to the Washington Post: "Mr Trump strongly denies this phony allegation by someone looking to get some free publicity. It is totally ridiculous."

In a statement, he said: "The media is now creating a theatre of absurdity that threatens to tear our democratic process apart and poison the minds of the American public."

Referring to another of his accusers during a rally in North Carolina, he said: "Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you."

Trump also said about the Peoples Reporter, to go to her Facebook page and see how she looks. 

Essentially he said she was too ugly for him. 

4 hours ago, Xenocity said:

"That I can tell you."

Somehow I forgot about this Trumpism.  I'll have to add it to the list.

Believe me.
Tremendous.
Let me just tell you.
I tell you this.
*loud sniffle*
Big league.
It's a mess.
They love me.
Sad!
Nobody can ___ more than me.
We're gonna be tough.
We won't have a country anymore.
It'll make your head spin.
Lines between the states.
Law and order.
We're going to build a wall.
We're gonna make a great deal.
Make America great again.
That I can tell you.

Edited by Cryptic
1 hour ago, Cryptic said:

Somehow I forgot about this Trumpism.  I'll have to add it to the list.

Hide contents

Believe me.
Tremendous.
Let me just tell you.
I tell you this.
*loud sniffle*
Big league.
It's a mess.
They love me.
Sad!
Nobody can ___ more than me.
We're gonna be tough.