Switch Joy-Con drift class action lawsuit | *NOA offering FREE repairs/refunds on repairs*

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was gonna say that my SS Joy-Cons don't have drift but that's not fair when I barely had them over a week and those who still experience JC drift till this day.

As for those strips it is very possible it is in the SS JCs, back when the bluetooth antenna interfered with signal with something with the Switch, Nintendo like now but didn't have anything to do with drift at the launch of Switch made minor adjustments when it came to the function of inside the JCs. Even after a while like 6 months to a year later model number changed to reflect the change they made to JCs. 

So even with this change, this is similar MO and on the quiet side as well and more so as when it comes to the Class-Action Lawsuit, neither party can discuss what is happening in the case so Nintendo cannot say how they are correcting JC drift, or show progress as it would be admitting fault, which they do not want to do.

I could open my SS JC (I haven't done so before) to see if those strips are there, I'm just afraid I won't put it back together 100%, it will appear fine but I just have feeling something will be off. If anything and with the OLED, the JC that come with the will have those strips. I can't say the JCs that are out in the wild now will have them, probably a year from now we will see those come to market. I am not even counting on that no one wants to buy JCs now, that the stock in retail everywhere will take time to get the restock of the latest iteration of JCs.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

To be somewhat fair, this all stems from that video a week ago about putting a small paper/cardboard strip in a particular spot on the JC to give back pressure to remove drift.

An Easy Joy-Con Drift Fix?! Someone Thinks They Found a Solution - YouTube

Easiest video about that to find...so....

Regardless, (and I heard about the paper in the back JC fix) RP post shows that those strips (who knows how long ago) were in the JC on the right side and I forgot with JC drift usual occurs on the left. It can happen to both but left is more common because there's more plastic guard on that side.

So if drift is still happening (tracing back when those strips were there) the paper at the back of JC may be temporary solution like the strip. Nice, like most untested solutions but time will tell if there will ever be a fix or if the strips (again depends how long ago they were there) is closer to a solution.

• 8 months later...

Well, if this isn't the most lawer-ass argument...

If not, parents can sue for them, because they're most likely the ones that bought the system for them. Not mention, all the grown adults that have been effaced my Joy-Con drift.

Edited by alienboyva

Reading the story on GN they mentioned previous class action lawsuits didn't go anywhere, but I'm wondering what more does this case have that is more pivotal or influential than the previous class action lawsuits?  Like, yeah, some definite legalese drilling going down for this to be the hurdle that the family has come to but even if that weren't the case what would allow this case to be successful where previous cases weren't?

Edited by Kezay
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasn't sure whether to make a separate thread for this, but since this has pretty much become the Nintendo controversy thread, I guess it's whatever. The bullshit with the Joycon case aside, this has also been an interesting development.

Along with the followups with people slowly coming out of the woodwork now that they're no longer under NDA.

It does honestly make Nintendo's anti-union propaganda in Odyssey more telling in hindsight.

image0.thumb.jpg.e6402e822c3dda043abdd73a52be522c.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

EULA is such a dumb sounding acronym anyways....

Regardless who reads some of all of EULA, the fact Nintendo reps say they are working or have no comment on the JC drifts is so they can remember oh yeah the EULA for the JC will protect us is pure lazy asinine.

WTF?!?

I've heard for a few weeks now to fix drifts is simple and the Dreamcast controller did this all the way back in 1999. Instead of using manual detection of where the stick is going on most controllers today, they used something called Hall Sensor. Basically used magnets to detect where the stick is going instead of manual parts. Over time like anything manually with a over and over again motion constantly, debris will build up cause drift in control stick. It just happens faster because the form factor of the JC. You can order and affix these Hall Sensor yourself to the JC on Amazon now. They been available for the last 6 months or so but like something like this, all of sudden someone finds out and now word is spreading for the fix of JC drift.

This may not be end all, fix all but depending on usage of controller this should last a good while. Going forward, not just Nintendo should being using this for the next Switch or whatever but the other video game platforms should be using this too. Tho uncommon as I mentioned, drift can happen to any controller. I think something like this has a little cost to put in but I think it is worth to ensure these companies don't caught up in these stupid class-action lawsuits. Stupid in how Nintendo is handling this so far and bringing up our EULA, our EULA.

Give me a fucking break, huh?!?

WOW! F.U., Nintendo!

I feel like if Iwata was still alive he would have taken full responsibility for this and made damn sure it was fixed, with doing something to make it up to customers affected. Remember, this is the guy who took a pay cut to his own salary just so he didn't have to lay anyone off when the 3DS wasn't selling well when it first released.  

38 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

WOW! F.U., Nintendo!

I feel like if Iwata was still alive he would have taken full responsibility for this and made damn sure it was fixed, with doing something to make it up to customers affected. Remember, this is the guy who took a pay cut to his own salary just so he didn't have to lay anyone off when the 3DS wasn't selling well when it first released.  

I knew where you were going with Iwata wouldn't allow this and the example of taking a paycut was gonna come to mind.

When I first heard he was doing this, I thought he was mad but also thought wow that that's taking responsibility into your hands. (Ubsisoft can learn from this instead putting all the ownus on everyone else) Man, I feel since Iwata passing outside eclectic way of developing way, how he did business really shows that when you care for the product and who buys, taking a hit to yourself till things bounce back take guts and ingenuity.

Back then it seem like he had no flair for business but he may have been ahead of his time that ppl didn't understand his vision for business where everybody is chasing trends and now those ppl are realizing it it too late to turn back and cancelling developing just so they don't lose more out of their business.

Oh well.