New Switch(chip change for battery) + new JC colors

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Don't need one at this point. And if they end up phasing out the old one, a lot of Switch owners would be screwed over. If they think that people will just go and buy new ones, they're sorely mistaken. Not everyone plans to. 

I guess it would depend on your view of things about feeling screwed over but just for battery gain, I wouldn't think so and that seems to be the only gain.

Only real point I want to bring up from their clip is  Switch Lite Portable,  Switch current/revision hybrid, and Switch Pro a docked only version.  Personally, in that vein I think the Lite and a non-portable Switch defeat the purpose of what Switch is.  Doing them dilutes the message.  Also, and for the sake of argument, you get your save files and what not to flow seamlessly depending on the unit you are using (which I would assume requires internet connectivity for cloud save pulling) you basically getting people to buy TWO Switches for gaming anywhere. 

Wow! This kind of a big F.U. to people who bought the original Switch and play in handheld/tabletop mode often (Ehh hmm... ME! :( ). 9 HOURS?!!!! O_O SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

@purple_beard I totally feel you on the JC colors, as I'd love to have 2 neon green ones. Nintendo should just let you buy any color R and any color L JC via their online store.

6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Wow! This kind of a big F.U. to people who bought the original Switch and play in handheld/tabletop mode often (Ehh hmm... ME! :( ). 9 HOURS?!!!! O_O SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

@purple_beard I totally feel you on the JC colors, as I'd love to have 2 neon green ones. Nintendo should just let you buy any color R and any color L JC via their online store.

Technically, you can do the dual greens if you play your cards right on PlayAsia and here as States gone way and in Japan they reveres the colors on those Splatoon ones.  I really do think they should do singles in right and left of their colors.  Pairs would be nice too.  I wonder if its a retail shelf space/too many skus to carry thing.  That said, I think with most major retailers selling online as well they could do some online only if that was truly the case.

On the battery angle though, for me, its not an issue.  90% of the time I am at home playing.  Heck, while I do find the JCs/JC Grip to be satisfactory, I pretty much just use my two Pros ( Standard and the Smash one ...doubt I go for a #3 unless something truly amazing comes up).  And in cases where I am portable, they aren't for long enough to even matter about better battery.

Edited by purple_beard

I wish Nintendo would, for a modest fee, allow you to send in you Switch to get you it upgraded for better battery life. I'm don't sure how feasible this would be, but all the comments inside the Switch are pretty much modular. They should be able to swap out the main board and put in one with one of of the new processors. They should also be able to keep all your data, as I'm pretty sure the flash memory is on a separate removable board. If for whatever reason that can't do this, they could just transfer all your data. Not 100% sue how all this would work, so...

Or Better yet, if they would allow you to buy just the revised Switch itself via their online store without the dock, joy-con, AC adapter, JC grip, etc. 

Yeah, but I kinda feel screwed over a bit. I love being able to play my Switch anywhere in the house (especially in tabletop mode), and not have to be on the TV to a play game. It kinda sucks having to get up and go plug in somewhere via and outlet or the dock to continue playing. Though, to be fair mobile phone companies (Apple/Samsung) release new (upgraded) hardware every year. Though with them, you know when to expect a new device. 

Edited by alienboyva

Not had ideas at all but consider the cost associated with a program like that. Having staff available to retrieve, process, swap internals, test and ship would be a lot and that's just off the top of my head for a program like that, I'm sure there's more.

The second idea would a lot more feasible. I'm sure still with costs of its own but a lot less to deal with.

Either way it's a lot to ask for a market that doesn't have a sort of modular way of making upgrades. Even the comparison with phones is asking for a potentially problematic precedent to be set with frequent hardware revisions. 

I get the sentiment though because the original battery life leaves a lot to be desired. It's just one of those things about being an early adopter. Consider all the revisions they did for the 3DS but I still roll with the OG Cosmo Black XD

56 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I guess it would depend on your view of things about feeling screwed over but just for battery gain, I wouldn't think so and that seems to be the only gain.

Only real point I want to bring up from their clip is  Switch Lite Portable,  Switch current/revision hybrid, and Switch Pro a docked only version.  Personally, in that vein I think the Lite and a non-portable Switch defeat the purpose of what Switch is.  Doing them dilutes the message.  Also, and for the sake of argument, you get your save files and what not to flow seamlessly depending on the unit you are using (which I would assume requires internet connectivity for cloud save pulling) you basically getting people to buy TWO Switches for gaming anywhere. 

And sure... when I win the lottery... I'll do that, Nintendo (this is aimed at Nintendo). I did for the portable systems, since it cost less. But one system costs around the price of two of them.

16 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I wish Nintendo would, for a modest fee, allow you to send in you Switch to get you it upgraded for better battery life. I'm don't sure how feasible this would be, but all the comments inside the Switch are pretty much modular. They should be able to swap out the main board and put in one with one of of the new processors. They should also be able to keep all your data, as I'm pretty sure the flash memory is on a separate removable board. If for whatever reason that can't do this, they could just transfer all your data. Not 100% sue how all this would work, so...

Or Better yet, if they would allow you to buy just the revised Switch itself via their online store without the dock, joy-con, AC adapter, JC grip, etc. 

Yeah, but I kinda feel screwed over a bit. I love being able to play my Switch anywhere in the house (especially in tabletop mode), and not have to be on the TV to a play game. It kinda sucks having to get up and go plug in somewhere via and outlet or the dock to continue playing. Though, to be fair mobile phone companies (Apple/Samsung) release new (upgraded) hardware every year. Though with them, you know when to expect a new device. 

I have a modest fee for them... $0, since I already paid for mine. That said, I agree.

I do as well. It basically reminds me of phones. But at least unlike them, you don't get forced to get one.

Yeah, this kind of news literally a week after announcing Switch Lite is a Switch reversion I actually want.

And I'm sort of sad and pissed and feel like I'm screwed as well.

If I have extra $400 (how much it cost in Canada) I might get one, I'm really tempted to.

Or I can do this with some poor sap friend of mine who have not bought a Switch gets one after August. When he's not a around and we hang out and have our Switches, that's where I'll make the Switch. I'll primary and secondary Switch do a factory reset on both so I can load back the Switch with what I want on both. (I think it can work like that)

From there I'll have new extended battery Switch with all my game, plop my Micro SD and he will not be the wiser because these Switch models are same. So I have no worries they find unless I put back his profile on my Switch successfully.

This would be genius if this works.

I couldn't care less about the battery life as my Switch never leaves the dock. I'm liking the blue Joy Con though! I'll wait for it to appear on Ali Baba and buy some replacement shells for cheap. I'm still hoping for a metallic electric blue like the DS Phat though.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone purchase a Switch in the last month, (July 16th) you can ship that Switch and you'll receive the Nintendo Switch V2 in return.

I do not think this is a limited time offer but Nintendo will check when the Switch you bought was purchased to make sure it was bought after July 16th but that is about it, proof wise.

1 hour ago, Juanblue85 said:

Traded in my launch Grey Joy Con Nintendo Switch console along with some games to score the new improved Switch with Red and Blue Joy Cons. I also got Guacamelee One-Two Punch Collection for Switch with my remaining store credit. 

Nintendo Switch purchase.jpg

It's funny that my last post coincide with me also trading in my old Switch with the new one.

I got back the grey joy-cons. I'm not against the color per se but I prefer to have matching color joy-cons. I already another pair of joy-cons with are the neo blue pair so I do still have color joy-cons.

I've been playing a few different games in battery draw power, the biggest one were BotW and FE:TH in handheld mode. (the longer ones)

So a full charge from 10 this morning till now is about 7 so hours. Also add in the fact I'm still redownloading games from my eShop account. I did not change the default auto brightness, the general brightness or sound settings. I'd say that is quite the improvement in battery life with all that going on. Besides the titles, DLing background also draw a lot battery power too.

Imagine if I on airplane mode 7hrs is good chunk of the day so I can see this going another 2hrs. This is actually living up to that 9hrs of battery life as advertised.