Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD announced for Switch (October 29th)

An HD remake of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is coming to Switch Oct. 29th (also on PS4/STEAM)...

Screenshots: https://gonintendo.com/stories/340085-super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-getting-a-remake-first-screenshot

I'm all for Monkey Ball coming back, but why Banana Blitz? This isn't considered to be that great, especially its minigamees. Speaking of the minigames, are they going to have totally new ones, because most of those were designed around the features of the WIi Remote?

Why didn't they just do an HD collection for the first two games on GCN? That would be an instant buy for me and I assume a lot of other people. Those games were damn fun and the best in the series! :) 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD announced for Switch (October 29th)
3 hours ago, Pichi said:

here's something you might find much more interesting

Not untrue about 1 and 2 being the best.  The GBA Dpad kind of hurt working with its concept on a GBA.  The two Wii ones missed "the thing" that made 1 and 2 great.  The DS ones were hard to control for me.  I had a PS2 version for a while and I did like it but it was kind of like a remix of 1 and 2 together.

IMO,  the game needs the formula of 1 and 2 with the top tier of the mini game ideas they have had.

I swear I scene some gameplay of this remake is this release coming to NA or is it only for Japan for now?

That trailer in the OP does not show if it Japan or not. I'm not even sure why I asking and I can't remember if I ever played Super Monkey Ball game before. I guess I'm just curious and excited despite hearing this isn't one of the best games to remake but Sega and Capcom (more so Capcom) do some dumb remake release of game with quantity of game and value.

So I'm curious if this is a Japan release.