Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Irondog666

Turbografx 16 Mini up for Pre-order on Amazon now

Recommended Posts

     Just giving people a heads up on the turbografx.  It is up for pre-order right now for Amazon Prime members.  I just managed to snag one for pre-order.  You also won't be charged for it until it releases in March of next year.  Here is the link  https://www.amazon.com/TurboGrafx-16-mini-Electronic-Games/dp/B07QD9GQ9J/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=turbografx+16+mini&qid=1563285803&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Pichi said:

it's on play-asia for those who prefer not to give hell corporation more money

well If you want to get it on play-asia but I don't care one way or another when it comes to Amazon and their corporate money.  My Bank account is not rich enough to boycott Amazon nor any other company.

Share this post


Link to post

If your bank account isn’t rich enough to maybe pay a few extra dollars for a niche collectible entertainment product then why are you even considering it in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, ace said:

If your bank account isn’t rich enough to maybe pay a few extra dollars for a niche collectible entertainment product then why are you even considering it in the first place?

That is because a few dollars equals thousands in the long run.  If I were to sit around and try to say, "I am only going to shop at mom and pop stores" I wouldn't have any of the shit I have.  Almost every single place I shop at has some serious shit going on with it.  Walmart (employees being treated like shit, low wages, crappy benefits, the fucking Waltons), Amazon (Jeff Bezos, shitty working conditions, etc), GameStop (treat their employees like shit, pay shitty, no hours, going bankrupt).  What other places do I like to go to?  Hobby Lobby & Chick Fil-A (gay bashing fucks who are against contraceptive benefits).  You get the trend.  Almost every single place you shop at has some serious problems going on.  Maybe your mom and pop stores don't but idk about you but we don't have many in my city.  The ones we do have are like suit & tie and wedding places.  Another thing, everyone of those places you are going to pay out the ass for. 

As far as video games go, we got Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, and fucking Game Stop. We don't have anything else here.  Best Buy lost my business when they decided to get rid of the Game Membership and continually fucking up my orders.  I don't really have those issues with Amazon and anytime I do have an issue with Amazon, I have been able to get it resolved relatively quickly.  If you want to go get it off play-asia, cool.  I got it off Amazon because it is Prime Day, I have Prime and I have access to it.  They also don't charge me for it until it releases, I get free Prime shipping, etc.  So I shop with my bank account.  With me it is zero fucks to give and no mother fucking shame.

 

P.S. Nobody is making anybody work at Amazon.  If you don't like the working conditions, well I am sure there is some other place that might be a little greener in your area.  My mom and sister work for Walmart.  They really like working for Walmart.  Maybe go work for Walmart or one of those mom & pop shops they may or may not exist in your area.  There are options.

Edited by Irondog666

Share this post


Link to post

Before the Amazon discussion gets out of hand, I'll drop in my two cents about the Turbografx. I skipped the NES and SNES mini because I have most of the games I want for those systems. But the Turbografx is something I never got the chance to explore, and the price point nowadays is steeper than my wallet will allow. So I'm pretty excited for this mini console, particularly given that it has Rondo of Blood and an assortment of other PC Engine titles. I managed to get it preordered and I'm pretty excited to get to explore a console I have zero experience with. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

Before the Amazon discussion gets out of hand, I'll drop in my two cents about the Turbografx. I skipped the NES and SNES mini because I have most of the games I want for those systems. But the Turbografx is something I never got the chance to explore, and the price point nowadays is steeper than my wallet will allow. So I'm pretty excited for this mini console, particularly given that it has Rondo of Blood and an assortment of other PC Engine titles. I managed to get it preordered and I'm pretty excited to get to explore a console I have zero experience with. 

 

Amazon isn't what this is about, I was merely trying to let people know that the system was up for pre-order on Amazon who have access to the deal through Prime.  Everybody is free to choose where they buy their shit.  I don't really care where I buy anything from, we live in a Capitalistic society and companies do not care about anything but money.  

 

That being said, I feel the same as you do.  I do have an NES and SNES Classic and soon enough I will be getting the Sega Genesis mini too.  If the PS1 Classic drops to $20 or below, I will get it just so I can hack the ever living shit out of it.  I really like the plug and play nature of the systems.  However, I never had a Turbografx.  I didn't know what it was until the early 2000s when I got into collecting games and systems.  Me being a hardcore Castlevania fan (I have SCIV boxart on my right arm, it really needs to be redone) I learned about Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and how it was considered by many fans "The Holy Grail" of Castlevania games.  I tried to get a working ISO for it back in the day so I could play it on an emulator but Konami came down hard on the emulation websites and it became too overwhelming trying to find a good working ISO.  That is how I learned about the Turbografx 16.  I grew up with Sega and Nintendo at the time and of course, they completely dominated the gaming market.  

 

I have Rondo of Blood on my Wii U on the the Wii Virtual Console (that you cannot get anymore due to the Wii Shop going out of service) and it amazing.  You can also download it on the PS4 through the Castlevania Collection thing that has that and Symphony of the Night.  So there is only one other official way of playing it if you don't already own the Wii Virtual Console version or still have the Dracula X remake on PSP.  That being said, having a plug and play system with the original controllers sounds amazing.  It is sort of a pain in the ass to have to load up the Wii U and make sure my shit is all hooked up (I have over 15 systems hooked to 1 TV).  I am trying to find out who is doing the emulation but I wasn't able to find that info out.  I just hope the emulation is top notch like it is with Nintendo's systems (and what appears to be the Sega Mini since M2 is developing it).  

 

I am even more excited to see about all these other Turbografx games.  I only ever downloaded a handful of them on the Wii Virtual Console back in the day like Alien and Demon Crush, Air Zonk, Dracula X, and Lords of Thunder.  There are over 50 games on this thing and I really want to experience what I missed out on in my childhood.  I am just hoping it is worth the $100, but as long as it isn't some cheaply made box with poorly emulated games on it, I think I will be more than satisfied with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

Before the Amazon discussion gets out of hand, I'll drop in my two cents about the Turbografx. I skipped the NES and SNES mini because I have most of the games I want for those systems. But the Turbografx is something I never got the chance to explore, and the price point nowadays is steeper than my wallet will allow. So I'm pretty excited for this mini console, particularly given that it has Rondo of Blood and an assortment of other PC Engine titles. I managed to get it preordered and I'm pretty excited to get to explore a console I have zero experience with. 

 

 

I never owned the actual system myself but like I said earlier, I knew someone who did have one and I liked the gree games I experienced at his house.  When the TG16 games came out on WiiVC I was really interested in them.  I loved nearly everyone I got that way.  The system had some good stuff for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't trying to start an Amazon-hate thread either. Merely offering an alternative.
Any new technology, including Nintendo products, is sourced in part by lots of horrible shit like child labor anyway
https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/06/ethical-smartphone-conscious-consumption/

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

The only real way to not be complicit is to only get things used, but feeling better about yourself isn't a solution regardless

Edited by Pichi

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Pichi said:

I wasn't trying to start an Amazon-hate thread either. Merely offering an alternative.
Any new technology, including Nintendo products, is sourced in part by lots of horrible shit like child labor anyway
https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/06/ethical-smartphone-conscious-consumption/

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

The only real way to not be complicit is to only get things used, but feeling better about yourself isn't a solution regardless

 

Get things used?  Well, unless you buy factory direct, you still pay a middleman.  And who is to say your money is getting used ethically if you buy it second hand?   I mean that person could just take your money and go blow it on whatever.  Or could be selling you scam that you don't find out till later....

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, purple_beard said:

Get things used?  Well, unless you buy factory direct, you still pay a middleman.  And who is to say your money is getting used ethically if you buy it second hand?   I mean that person could just take your money and go blow it on whatever.  Or could be selling you scam that you don't find out till later....

Yeah, at most you're feeling better that you aren't helping facilitate new productions—used from other people, not from big resellers. Hence "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism." It's impossible to actually achieve, though. Chocolate is still made with child labor, mining for electronics poisoning southeast asia, clothes made in sweatshops, Coca Cola subjugating Colombian workers through military groups. It's endless.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pichi said:

Yeah, at most you're feeling better that you aren't helping facilitate new productions—used from other people, not from big resellers. Hence "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism." It's impossible to actually achieve, though. Chocolate is still made with child labor, mining for electronics poisoning southeast asia, clothes made in sweatshops, Coca Cola subjugating Colombian workers through military groups. It's endless.

 

Lets take that southeast Asia electronics thing for a minute here....

 

So, lack of environmental policies, safety policies, ect... lead to lower production costs which in turn lower price you pay for the item.

 

How many people are truly ready to pay the price required to do everything on the level?  I'd argue very few  because they will bail to the cheaper alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

 

Lets take that southeast Asia electronics thing for a minute here....

 

So, lack of environmental policies, safety policies, ect... lead to lower production costs which in turn lower price you pay for the item.

 

How many people are truly ready to pay the price required to do everything on the level?  I'd argue very few  because they will bail to the cheaper alternative.

the article in question is about how a company tried to make an ethical smartphone and found it wasn't even possible. shifting responsibility to consumers as though merely changing habits can really affect the behavior of megacorp capitalism isn't remotely based in reality. that's what the phrase means lol

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pichi said:

the article in question is about how a company tried to make an ethical smartphone and found it wasn't even possible. shifting responsibility to consumers as though merely changing habits can really affect the behavior of megacorp capitalism isn't remotely based in reality. that's what the phrase means lol

 

 

I'm not against  taking stands on ethical business practices or ethical business models or ethical food chain economics, far from it in fact, but when folks bring those up I feel compelled to counter with are you prepared to pay that overhead?  Nobody is going to argue FOR unsafe working conditions or LOW wages but in some cases you have to look at what is a fair wage for where you are too.

 

Then again, a $200 Nike shoe being made for $5 in a sweat shop in some foreign country and sent back over here to buy and probably another $1 added to the cost does seem kind of suspect.  That's a lot of profit margin, but I digress.

 

However, I think philosophical business discussion almost merits its own thread.  You can't blame capitalism blindly as if you were in business and losing money you wouldn't be in business very long.  A very interesting discussion along those lines would be drug companies, insurance agencies, health care, and drug pricing--but this almost opening up 2 cans of worms to delve into that LOL.

Share this post


Link to post

Corporations that didn't exploit overseas labor would still be exploiting domestic labor by definition. Those, healthcare included, are just the most egregious examples.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, Laclipsey said:

Those space shooters look fantastic. I can't wait to try out Blazin Lazers in particular. 

 

Lords of Thunder is quite the legit.  I love the music to it.

 

Star Parodier is amazing because of the ship themes that have different weapons....  I mean you get to play AS A TG16 shooting CDS!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×