The Officers Academy - N4A Chat Thread - July 2019

Chrom

9 minutes ago, wildflower said:

now that i beat botw and spent 3 hours theory crafting and watching youtube videos i don't know what to do with my time matty; 

Play it again on the hard difficulty!

38 minutes ago, ace said:

Play it again on the hard difficulty!

dlc is outta the question, but even if it wasn't i dont really want it y; unless you mean self-enforced difficulty, but i don't love the game in that kinda way lol

22 minutes ago, K said:

I wish I had BotW on the Switch, might have actually beaten the game if I did. lol

ah, i played it on wii u and it was fine n dandy tbh 

the system certainly lags in areas but for the most part it played perfectly fine...though playing on the gamepad was a useless sentiment, the game looked terrible on that small of a screen

definitely meant to be played in hd lol

4 minutes ago, wildflower said:

dlc is outta the question, but even if it wasn't i dont really want it y; unless you mean self-enforced difficulty, but i don't love the game in that kinda way lol

the system certainly lags in areas but for the most part it played perfectly fine...though playing on the gamepad was a useless sentiment, the game looked terrible on that small of a screen

Yeah, it's just a pain to bring out the WiiU again. I will have to one day though. 

12 minutes ago, wildflower said:

Oh crap I didn’t realize that was dlc. Why is that DLC????

I'll probably finish my second playthrough of Genealogy of the Holy War today and will be able to start Thracia 776. Where can I find the latest patch of project exile?

I might be able to have beaten all the FE games (or their remakes) for a hot second before 3H inevitably breaks the record.

Just now, ace said:

Oh crap I didn’t realize that was dlc. Why is that DLC????

im okay w master mode being dlc....im mostly just bummed that the extra cutscenes and the remaining shrines are locked behind dlc, i feel pretty strongly they should have just been in the base game :[

ho hum

our wii u doesn't have any space bc botw was downloaded lol so no dlc for me! 

3 minutes ago, Ares said:

I'll probably finish my second playthrough of Genealogy of the Holy War today and will be able to start Thracia 776. Where can I find the latest patch of project exile?

I might be able to have beaten all the FE games (or their remakes) for a hot second before 3H inevitably breaks the record.

FEuniverse should have the latest one with instructions

Not sure if I can link, what rules do we adhere to these days lul

I bought BotW again so I could put away the WiiU. There's still a bunch of WiiU games I need to play, including Pikmin 3, 3D World, DKTF, and #FE. The Switch is starting to show it's worth this year after two years of ports.

I'm not sure if I'll be picking up Sword & Shield. I'm not at all happy with GameFreak's decisions and quality with these games, but I can see myself getting it because of my friends wanting to play together. But even then I may only just finish the main story and consider it done.

i think i'm probably gonna be skipping Sword n Shield; at this point i'm kinda fatigued with the series

at least it gives me a lot of time to catch up on switch games i've missed so far and the new stuff coming out y; 

The first DLC pack for BotW is fucking awful.  It's basically a bunch of QoL updates and game modes, which is fine but shouldn't have been 20 bucks.  I get charging for it but 20 bucks for some loot, a difficulty setting, and a gauntlet mode is dumb.

37 minutes ago, Ares said:

Genealogy playthrough 2 done. Thracia 776 patched. Time to start this tomorrow.

is it a good idea to start an FE game with 3H in just under two weeks? Absolutely not. Am I doing it? You betcha.

I was gonna do a blind LP once I got home from AX, but ended up buying so many dragon dildos that it’ll probably have to wait until I finish 3H.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Thanks to BootCamp, I've finally joined the PC master race!

However, every time I turn on my computer, it boots to Windows by default. Isn't it supposed to let me choose whether to boot to Windows or Mac?

If you go the boot camp panel in system preferences you choose which partition to boot from.