Etika/NIntendo youtuber dead/missing?

This whole thing has gone on for awhile, and while I hope he’s not dead, kind of past the point of sympathy. If you’re simultaneously too arrogant to accept the help of others (he’s blocked various people on twitter/social media who tried helping him), but too weak to help yourself, then you can’t be helped. He shamelessly faked suicide once before too, manipulating others’ natural emotions/reactions, though this time he’s making it more convincing admittedly, but still, have had enough of him crying wolf as it is. He needs to get actual help instead of another slap on the wrist. 

didn't watch but knew of him, since so many ppl i talk to were fans.
i've been close to the same decision myself in the past.
it's always worth taking pleas for help seriously, even if the person has been turbulent and unhelpful in the past.
even if somebody seems like they "can't be helped," it's always worth trying.
rest in peace

mgs3salute.jpg

Even though I never really followed the guy, this is still really sad to hear. T_T If your friends/family start having major mental issues, you gotta get them some help! One day you may find out that they are no longer in your life. Etika had such a great impact on the Nintendo community! I'll never for get that Mewtwo in SSB4 reaction... :D 

OMFG THIS IS SO GOOD XD. Apparently, Sakurai retweeted his reaction video..

Edited by alienboyva

Like I said, I never really followed him (I did know of him), but damn!....Right in the feels. 😭

Seeing just how much Eitka is trending right now on Twitter, really shows how much of an impression he left on people.

BTW, if you want to remember Etika with some good laughs, I recommend checking out this Twitter page. --->  https://twitter.com/EtikaNoContext (need I say NSFW?) :D 

Edited by alienboyva
4 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Even though I never really followed the guy, this is still really sad to hear. T_T If your friends/family start having major mental issues, you gotta get them some help! One day you may find out that they are no longer in your life. Etika had such a great impact on the Nintendo community! I'll never for get that Mewtwo in SSB4 reaction... :D 

OMFG THIS IS SO GOOD XD. Apparently, Sakurai retweeted his reaction video..

I've been seeing all over my YT about this and he's dead? I've heard of the things he's been doing since late last year up to now, it's a shame he never found the help.

But this post, I don't know if I should react to it or feel sad. Those are some polar opposite feels, AB. Why you do us like that?!?

That scene in FAB still has my cursing at my screen and love that reaction of Etika for Mewtwo in Sm4sh. It was one of his best.

And just to think, for those who do not follow him, but came across something recent, like the Nintendo E3 2019 Direct he reacted to, he's just this energetic and charismatic clown. Like, there's just no way. I know he had things going on as well. Felt this sense of dread after hearing about the suicide note, and hoped it didn't come to this. Sigh. Rest in Peace.

56 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I've been seeing all over my YT about this and he's dead? I've heard of the things he's been doing since late last year up to now, it's a shame he never found the help.

But this post, I don't know if I should react to it or feel sad. Those are some polar opposite feels, AB. Why you do us like that?!?

That scene in FAB still has my cursing at my screen and love that reaction of Etika for Mewtwo in Sm4sh. It was one of his best.

I was just trying to lighten the mood by remembering the good times. ;) 

Speaking of FMAB and polar opposite feels (not to get off topic), FMAB does that quite a bit. One minuet you're on the edge of you're seat, the next you're laughing out loud at something stupid, the next, out of nowhere, it hits you right in the feels (OMG MY HEART!). I'm not a huge anime fan, but I absolutely love that anime so much! ...And not to mention the ENG dub is top notch! 

Edited by alienboyva

I can't remember what first got me into checking out his videos but for a time I enjoyed seeing his over the top reactions because they were funny.  But more than just that, as much of a clown as he saw himself as there were moments where I really just enjoyed watching his playthroughs of some games (especially Xenoblade) and watchthroughs of some anime and seeing his genuine and legitimate reactions to things that happened.  Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of my favorite playthroughs of his because he pays attention to what is going on and actually reacts to what is going on with the story or with certain characters or certain events and more than that he dedicated a LOT of time to that game. 

But when the moments that could be considered cries for help as he started acting out in weird ways started happening I slowly drifted away.  More than just losing my taste for what he was doing I think the breaking point where I really stopped paying attention to him is when that first incident that blew up on social media .  At the time I took it more as a cry for attention rather than a cry for help and couldn't stand the fact that he betrayed the help and empathy of so many people who wanted the best for him.

I don't apologize for how I felt at the time or getting to a point of pushing his antics away but it does make me question my own actions if this was someone much closer to me rather than a youtuber I used to spend a lot of time watching.  Being able to parse why people may be doing what they're doing from our own feelings of why they're doing that is a tough thing and giving the benefit of a doubt when it's not always obvious that there is something else beneath the surface makes it that much more concerning.

I did end up watching the video that's going around about his final message and it's incredibly sobering to hear him speak about everything in such a real way.  For me, hearing him talk as if he fully understands his issues, fully understands what he's done, fully understands the consequences and yet fully understands how he wants to "solve" it was the toughest thing to think about.  Hearing him aware of the fact that he's going to miss out on things that he enjoys, miss out on seeing friends and family grow up and prosper, miss out on things he is looking forward to it starts to hit harder and harder about just how far gone he may have been.

It's a terrible thing that this is how it turned out. If nothing else, hopefully he's been able to find his peace now.

The Mewtwo DLC reaction was one thing, but the most lasting impact for me of course was the most over the top reaction of them all... Okay, the Mewtwo one he was louder in initially, but this was more long winded.

That shirt he wore afterward too...

index.jpg.f0c47b540b529fc4ca8d0d5cf9409226.jpg

The red color alt for Ridley was apparently his favorite to use, which I'll remember whenever I use that skin again on the game...

R.I.P. fellow Ridley main.

edit: Perfect tribute.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Etika had a knack for creating hype around Nintendo and really whatever he did for the most part, and that is the reason I subbed to him on YouTube. It wasn't just his reactions, but also how his audience interacted with him that made the energy of his streams appealing to me. To me, it's rare to see contributions be something epic, and Etika made it happen. I got the news of his passing from my little brother, and I thought he was joking due to events that occurred over the last year. It was a shock at first, but I've come to accept the news as the evening went. I love seeing the positive messages he is getting on social media and the awareness that's being given to suicide prevention. In one instance, over $16,000 was raised, so I'm glad that Etika was able to leave such an impact on the community during his life. Hopefully his family and friends celebrate that good as they try to cope and hope Etika has gone to a much better place where he's free of whatever had been troubling him. 

That first video you posted of him consoling a fan's sister really does hit so much differently knowing things now, but he wasn't wrong.  I like his approach of tearing down the idea of stressing out over the future and instead making each day as you go count and "the future will map itself out."  That's pretty darn good.