Kirby Canvas Curse and Animal Crossing: Wild World coming to Wii U

Chrom

I would genuinely be willing to invest in Wild World if not for the utter pointlessness of having it without Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection -- you won't even be able to get Nookington's, if I remember right! The GCN version had an interesting workarounds that might allow for this, which makes it unfortunate that that version will probably never be released again ever.

Canvas Curse is kind of fun for a launch-era DS game, though it had its frustrations as well.

Edited by Iridium
1 hour ago, Iridium said:

I would genuinely be willing to invest in Wild World if not for the utter pointlessness of having it without Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection -- you won't even be able to get Nookington's, if I remember right! The GCN version had an interesting workarounds that might allow for this, which makes it unfortunate that that version will probably never be released again ever.

Canvas Curse is kind of fun for a launch-era DS game, though it had its frustrations as well.

Handheld VC without multiplayer just sucks. I realize it's not an easy problem, but it really feels like cutting out a substantial part of the game they know they can get away with and still sell.

I'd even be slightly okay with no Wi-Fi if they just made Nookington's, the Mario set, and Katie's items available naturally without needing to connect to anyone.

I guess the monkey villagers are technically inaccessible too but would anyone really miss those guys?

2 hours ago, Iridium said:

I'd even be slightly okay with no Wi-Fi if they just made Nookington's, the Mario set, and Katie's items available naturally without needing to connect to anyone.

I guess the monkey villagers are technically inaccessible too but would anyone really miss those guys?

I looked up Nookingtons to verify this because I didn't remember:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Nookington's

For some reason this wiki thinks the requirement is out, which is kind of a weird thing to just make up, so maybe it's been mentioned somewhere?

39 minutes ago, Stopdoor said:

I looked up Nookingtons to verify this because I didn't remember:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Nookington's

For some reason this wiki thinks the requirement is out, which is kind of a weird thing to just make up, so maybe it's been mentioned somewhere?

That is certainly something. It's unfortunate that the other content is presumably lost, but this is probably the most important thing they could change so at least they did that much.

16 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I thought Wild World had been out for a long while. Maybe it was Europe.

Nintendo of America has made a habit of being legendarily shitty at releasing certain virtual console games. I believe Wild World released nearly one year ago in Europe, during the middle of last November. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon released there... in July, I think? July 2015.

To be perfectly honest this is kind of inexcusable. But, uh, yep.

54 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon released there... in July, I think? July 2015.

Given that I'd love to get footage of every Fire Emblem game without resorting to emulation unless given no other choice, yeah, the lack of Shadow Dragon on Wii U VC is a frustration I've pestered Nintendo of America about on Twitter multiple times. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about Animal Crossing, but anyone who hasn't played Kirby Canvas Curse should make that a priority. That game is fantastic.

When I bought my DS in Jan 2006 I was hoping to get Canvus Curse but had to settle for Partners in Time since it was the only game left, might have been another game to choose from but I was not interested so M&L became my first DS game then I hunted for Dawn of Sorrow. I may be able to spare the funds for one of the games, not sure if I will get both since Animal Crossing is a love/hate thing for me(hated it on GCN but took another chance w/ New Leaf and really enjoy that one, even rented the one on Wii and liked it since AC seems more enjoyable to me on a TV screen). I hope MMX3 gets released soon so I can have the three SNES MMX games on my N3DSXL and I want the CV titles for DS on my Wii U already, really just DoS and OoE since they are my favorite though PoR is good it just wasn't as fun though I liked the dual summon and having two characters.