On the troubling state of the Pokemon franchise

8 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Well I mean, it makes sense if they're selling the dual pack for the same cost as buying both separately. They aren't charging more for it, they're basically selling both units together in a single package for the same cost as buying them separately. 

Fair enough, for those with enough many to get them both at the same time.

I totally agree, the dual game concept under the current direction is pointless. 

@Kezay I think the point with the dual pack is that there’s really no reason to put the two in one pack if there is no additional function, like cost savings or collectible case/item. So it just is highlighting the silliness.

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Fair enough, for those with enough many to get them both at the same time.

Forgive me I totally misread what you were saying. Basically being able to buy one game at full price and the other at a discount. I totally get that. I was thinking the point being brought up is Nintendo charging more overall with the dual pack or something along those lines.

40 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I totally agree, the dual game concept under the current direction is pointless. 

@Kezay I think the point with the dual pack is that there’s really no reason to put the two in one pack if there is no additional function, like cost savings or collectible case/item. So it just is highlighting the silliness.

Not that I disagree, but it doesn't pose a problem for simply existing. Whether someone buys both separately or together it's the same difference. The only argument I'd make is that any additional cost doing it that way may as well repackage as a steelbook/special edition or something. But a dual pack as it exists and has existed in prior gens isn't hurting anything. 

4 hours ago, Kezay said:

Not that I disagree, but it doesn't pose a problem for simply existing. Whether someone buys both separately or together it's the same difference. The only argument I'd make is that any additional cost doing it that way may as well repackage as a steelbook/special edition or something. But a dual pack as it exists and has existed in prior gens isn't hurting anything. 

Agreed it’s not hurting anything really. But it doesn’t have to just be about that. The problem is it’s pointless, not that it’s directly causing harm.

It’s yet another missed opportunity, yet another point where they ignore what people ask for and give something else. I mean, AAA companies at least give collectible items with their packs. The only reason to buy a SwSh dual pack is if you feel like buying the exact same game twice despite the “catching them all” concept being neutered. Which was the whole excuse for doing dual games in the first place.

I don't think Nintendo are doing the dual packs in lieu of something else.  If they weren't doing that then it would just be as most other generations where it was Version A and Version B and that's it.  I have no need for the dual pack because I could just as easily buy my own copy of the game and my brother Krazy could get his own copy but then that's why I don't exactly see the fault in anyone buying the dual pack if (a) they were going to buy both games for themselves anyway (b) it's being bought as a gift for siblings (c) any other reason that involves having either version together. I mean, it's really just an alternative to what is already there at no additional cost.

In regards to the Fusayo Asai allegations (not linking them here because I refuse to give them clicks):

Stop. For the love of Arceus, stop.

Masuda's reputation is bad enough as it is. Making false accusations against him will only serve to make the Pokemon fandom look even worse than it already does.

I guess to shift gears and harp on something else for a change...

This kinda looks even more soulless than your average Disney remake. The Pokemon look alright at least and more floaty Mew cuteness is always a plus, but the humans and everything else, yikes. Stick to 2D, Japan.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Death threats and now rape allegations? I know this is people venting in the stupidest ways, joking or otherwise, but said people out there showing their behinds like this is not a good look for anyone. 

Yea it's insane what some fans have been doing. The above is going way, way over the line.

Just now, Ridley Prime said:

Weak PR talk. There is such a thing as bad surprises too, you know.

Word. Keep on digging that hole, Game Freak. theydonothing;  That said, I'm used to them taking things out of the games. Does it mean I like them doing that, no.  But this PR bs is getting old.  Betting it's only going to make things that much worse too.  anhero;