Animal Crossing: New Horizons first trailer

I really like the art style of AC:NH and how they are taking some aspects from Pocket Camp, like putting furni outside and crafting. Speaking of Pocket Camp, I wonder if the connectivity between the mobile AC game and Switch AC game they announced back when they announced AC was coming to mobile is still planed? Hopefully it is and it's a lot better then the connectivity like with PKMN GO and PKMN Let's Go.

Also, I wonder what they are going to do with pattern sharing... Are they still going to use QR codes even though the Switch doesn't have a camera? I loved being able to easily grab patterns from others using QR codes. Maybe they will use the NSO app, AC: Pocket Camp, or even have it's on app to do this and store your patterns? I could also seem them just having an online hub from within the game to upload, search, and share patterns (kinda like Super Mario Maker for shearing courses).

6 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Guess the village is no more huh?

Or is it too early to tell at this point?

There's most likely a lot they still haven't showed us yet, but I would assume you are the one building the village (town) this time around.

57 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I really like the art style of AC:NH and how they are taking some aspects from Pocket Camp, like putting furni outside and crafting. Speaking of Pocket Camp, I wonder if the connectivity between the mobile AC game and Switch AC game they announced back when they announced AC was coming to mobile is still planed? Hopefully it is and it's a lot better then the connectivity like with PKMN GO and PKMN Let's Go.

Also, I wonder what they are going to do with pattern sharing... Are they still going to use QR codes even though the Switch doesn't have a camera? I loved being able to easily grab patterns from others using QR codes. Maybe they will use the NSO app, AC: Pocket Camp, or even have it's on app to do this and store your patterns? I could also seem them just having an online hub from within the game to upload, search, and share patterns (kinda like Super Mario Maker for shearing courses).

There's most likely a lot they still haven't showed us yet, but I would assume you are the one building the village (town) this time around.

Now that's very interesting now that I think about it.

Guessing that means we'll probably be building a proper home for our characters as well then. No way we're staying in the tent for good imo.

this game looks like everything a switch ac game should be so far, i'm so incredibly excited (obviously) and honestly not surprised about the delay at all

the seamlessness between moving things indoors to outdoors, the small changes such as villagers having sleeves or just sitting on the ground, the wind in your hair and the trees, the wreaths on doors, it all adds up to what looks like an incredibly charming game and i can't wait 

and 8 player coop? EIGHT???? THATS SO MANY!!!!

the only thing that im still out of my MIND hoping for is that closer to the release date there might be a cool colored bundle set switch :[ my hopes aren't high....but they're there

Pity about the delay but still I can wait a bit longer. Sis was super hyped for Pokemon Sword and Shield so she is going to lose it with this latest AC game. I'll see if I can gift her a Switch (if the cheaper, smaller model does become a reality) to her either for PKMN this year or AC next year.

Edited by Juanblue85

Awww...Now connectivity with Pocket Camp? :( 

I love how you can choose where an animal's house is if you don't like where they've choose. I can't tell you how frustrating is was in NL when a new animal moves in and they decide to plop their house right in the middle of your orchard or hybrid garden. 

AC:NH won't support cloud saves, but it will support amiibo...

I get why they are doing this, but why now are they trying to dictate how people play AC? If people want to time travel, that's their prerogative. Though, on the other hand, I could see it as a way for people to duplicate items.

Nice to see that amiibo will be supported. Hopefully it will be more in-depth than with AC:NL's Welcome amiibo update. Being able to make any animal come to your town at will with an amiibo kinda of ruins the fun, IMO. Though, like I mentioned, if that's how people want to play, that's their prerogative. I wonder if we will see any new AC amiibo for NH? I know the AC line of a amiibo didn't see very well (minus the cards), but I can see them at least doing new amiibo cards and possibly re-releasing the previous cards.

I've been playing a lot of Wild World lately and hope that the grass gets more patterned by release than what's shown for New Horizons so far. Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting the game and hopefully I'll get into it. Wild World was my first AC game and the only one I've gotten into since its release. I think the crafting mechanics in New Horizons already interest me more than the mayor and public works system in New Leaf. I also really like the inclusion of a breeze and windy visual effect with the trees.