Nintendo @ E3 2019 - Direct in First Post

5 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yay, we got to leave work early and I actually to watch bit more of the stream live on the last day of E3.

They are showing SRPG Jim Henson Netflix show to video game. I gonna be honest never heard of this show and I like SRPG but with no attachment with this show, I can't really latch to this game.

^You gotta be kidding me?!? I come home and it is already over.

This has been strange E3 for me but Nintendo delivered, someone had too.

23 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Has anyone anywhere confirmed or denied about the DQ Smash DLC if its ONE fighter with alt looks or is it like Pokemon Trainer where it is a switch fighter and each one is unique?

Pretty sure it's the former. All four fighters exist with each one having an alternative pallet, totaling eight heroes; it makes sense that they're all alternate costumes. 

I kind of wish I still had the wherewithal to be off during the week so i could just chill and watch Treehouse all day, but I'll have the weekend to catch up I guess.

But Nintendo absolutely delivered this E3.  As much as I wished for certain other announcements there was virtually nothing that I was disappointed about.  Even the lows weren't too bad, but when the highs hit...THE HIGHS HIT!  I cannot wait to try out many of these games and it's insane that so many have release dates coming over the next two months or so.

1 hour ago, Ares said:

Pretty sure it's the former. All four fighters exist with each one having an alternative pallet, totaling eight heroes; it makes sense that they're all alternate costumes. 

See, I'm kind of with you on its one character slot and each of the alts is a different skin of basically the same thing  but in watching the trailer it sure looked like each one was using unique spells and other attacks.  Pokemon Trainer is the only character that takes up one spot on the roster but you actually play as Charizard, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle so...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

Of course. As far as I see things it’s still considered uncool to like Nintendo. Even when they objectively did amazing, people still prefer things like the FF7 remake and the Cyberpunk game. Don’t get me wrong those will almost certainly be stellar games (although gameplay mechanics for a the remake worry me a bit), but I feel everyone is just choosing to ignore Nintendo because if they celebrate them at all the haters will rally against them.

On the other side of things, much of Nintendo’s presentation for people who would be interested in “mature” games was catch up (games that had already released earlier on other systems) so maybe people in general feel that in terms of wow factor all Nintendo had was BotW2? I can see where they’re coming from I just think it’s disingenuous to ignore them like I see many people doing.