Nintendo @ E3 2019 - Direct in First Post

Hmmm, limited quantities, I wonder if I'll be able to rent it or not.

And for anyone else debating whether to get Collection or the Trials of Mana remake, it's worth noting that the remake has some significant differences, such as no multiplayer option and the ability to swap weapons: https://gematsu.com/2019/06/trials-of-mana-is-the-most-action-heavy-game-in-the-series-fully-voiced

Edit:

Also on the subject of the Fire Emblem: Three Houses stream, the game overall looks great but all of the activities outside of battling seems like a bit much.

Edited by Eliwood8
On 6/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, Eliwood8 said:

They're adding the ability to play Super Mario Maker 2 with friends online in a future update. Thank god, what a dumb decision to ever exclude it.

Why was this never a thing from the start welp it's better than not having it.

Thank you.

-------------------

What a day yesterday and I wanted to get this out yesterday evening but my mind was still reeling and was playing celebratory Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

My lunch everyday is noon but I missed the fist 3 to 6 minutes of direct live yesterday. I came in when they started to talk about Luigi's Mansion 3. So when I eventually saw the Banjo-Kazooie reveal and it said fall 2019. I was pissed, I was like why do we have to wait to fall till the next DLC character. Later obviously found out the Direct start with the Hero from DQ 11 and his Hero alts for other DQ games are coming this summer. I felt a little better about that.

K, with Ultimate out of the way...

Never player the Witcher series game but I'll pick this up on Switch.

I did not complete RE6 on my PS3, I'll finish it on Switch,

Yeah, I'm all about Secret of Mana collection and remake. That's a get.

That trailer for FE: TH got me more. Now I see what was missing from the game, what is the upcoming conflict and it was the five year time jump. (Also, what's with everybody do 5 year time jumps in every sort entertainment media, Endgame, Avengers game and now this game)

Mario & Sonic at Tokyo 2020 games, they always look great but I'm almost tempted to give it a go but I'll go against it.

No More Heroes III, WHAT THE FUCK. That sort of came out of nowhere. Suda did tweet image and said E3 and now that image shows up on the t-shirt in the game. Can't wait for that release next year.

Astral Chain was already sold.

Daemon X Machina, I'm not the fence the buy but every since the demo, I just haven't been sure if I want and this trailer did not exactly help.

DQB 2 , was never into them, not getting this.

Imma get Luigi's Mnasion just to bandwagon.

DQ XI finally a release date and this is a get.

Cadence of Hyrule comes out tomorrow nuff said.

Nothing more to say about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It's already in my hand.

Link's Awakening, already in my hand.

Pokemon dual versions is a thing for me.

I could mention, the new Contra game, Panzer Dragoon and AC: NH but they hold no interest for me but I'm for those who are hyped for those titles.

Yup that's about it for me.

EDIT: That is not it for me. How can I forgot the confirmation of BotW 2 is a thing. I don't know it is because Zelda is my fave series of all time but I knew then the green smoke effect or whatever it was Zelda. Didn't know what kinda Zelda game but a Zelda game is Zelda and oh my I will try to wait patiently for its eventual release.

Edited by DLurkster

Also, I noticed this yesterday and today but is it just me or the Treehouse live stream are shorter?

Yesterday they finished 5pm EDT and today at 5:30pm EDT. In their local time that 2pm, they start at 9am PDT. I swear they used to go to like 5pm PDT and 8pm EDT.

So what's going on with that, am I going crazy or am I right there's a change?

59 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Also, I noticed this yesterday and today but is it just me or the Treehouse live stream are shorter?

Yesterday they finished 5pm EDT and today at 5:30pm EDT. In their local time that 2pm, they start at 9am PDT. I swear they used to go to like 5pm PDT and 8pm EDT.

So what's going on with that, am I going crazy or am I right there's a change?

They are shorter this year, yeah. Today's and yesterday's Treehouse streams were approximately six hours each, whereas last year they were around eight hours each day (going by the Youtube video lengths).

Whether they're shorter due to production costs, number of games available to showcase, or just because they wanted to make a shorter and tighter live stream, who can say.

Edited by Eliwood8
2 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

They are shorter this year, yeah. Today's and yesterday's Treehouse streams were approximately six hours each, whereas last year they were around eight hours each day (going by the Youtube video lengths).

Whether they're shorter due to production costs, number of games available to showcase, or just because they wanted to make a shorter and tighter live stream, who can say.

I feel it's combination of cost of production but that there's so many games to showcase. Weird to say that because if that was the cast it would be as long as last year.

Ppl say and it is accurate that Nintendo games last year were not as bombastic as 2017 1st part blockbuster wise. This year there were so many game some games don't have release dates and some delayed later this year or into the next. I feel they made a cautious decision to not to only save on manpower but on cost with the 2 birds and one stone with too many games=cut time to showcase=saved cost. Why would they not do that when they know we will wait for those release regardless their release status.

I'm looking at you Bayonetta 3.

I've gotta get caught up with the Treehosue streams but I'm really liking Trials of Mana.  Very clean and expressive look to it and they did a great job faithfully recreating everything in 3D.  Hearing some of the music redone from the original was really cool too.

Astral Chain looks really great too and I like that you can create your own character.  Gotta watch more of the segments they covered this one on to see how they use some of the other Legion types.  I wonder how many in total we'll get to use in the final game.

It's hard to watch other people play Overcooked. I'm sitting here yelling at my screen "pick up the cheese! THE CHEESE!!!"

29 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Does Nintendo still have those closed-door, post-E3 meetings? You know where they had announced Skyward Sword and Pikmin 3 in previous years?

Good question; I can't remember now if they did that the last few years.

Yay, we got to leave work early and I actually to watch bit more of the stream live on the last day of E3.

They are showing SRPG Jim Henson Netflix show to video game. I gonna be honest never heard of this show and I like SRPG but with no attachment with this show, I can't really latch to this game.