Nintendo @ E3 2019 - Direct in First Post

2 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

No, they announced at the Pokemon shareholders meeting a few weeks ago that Home will be compatible with Bank, Let's Go, and Gen 8.

I think he meant in reference to this:

http:// http://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1138494564078108674

tl;dr: If a pokemon can't be caught in Galar region, not even transferring through Pokemon Bank will let you use the Pokemon. E.g., suppose Kyogre isn't in Galar. You can't use Kyogre in Sword/Shield. Period.

Edited by Ares
Just now, Ares said:

He means in reference to this: http://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1138494564078108674

tl;dr: If a pokemon can't be caught in Galar region, not even transferring through Pokemon Bank will let you use the Pokemon. E.g., suppose Kyogre isn't in Galar. You can't use Kyogre in Sword/Shield. Period.

No I meant in general, going forward. The talk during Treehouse definitely sounded like Bank was for Alola and earlier only, and Home will be Galar and the Go games going forward.

Alright going to try to collect my thoughts on all the games shown now that I finished putting together a summary post.

• Luigi's Mansion 3 looks dope, pretty much exactly what I'd hope to see from a sequel. Can't wait to check into the Hotel Luigi, such a lovely place.
  • Link's Awakening continues to look adorable and creating your own dungeon(?) is definitely interesting.
  • I guess all of the rumors/expectations for Smash DLC were true, both the Dragon Quest Hero and Banjo-Kazooie are in! The DLC is really a third-party fest but I don't mind, these seem like fun additions.
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses: honestly it doesn't matter what they show of the game I'm all in on it regardless.
  • Astral Chain continues to look intriguing but not 100% sold on it. Same for Daemon X Machina actually.
  • I can't believe they got The Witcher 3 running on the Switch! Though of course it's just months after I played through the entire 100-hour game on my PS4, so I probably won't buy it again, but it's still cool to see The Switcher 3.
  • Trials of Mana (aka Seiken Densetsu 3) hell yes! Not sure if I want to play the original in the collection or wait for the remaster but I'm definitely excited to play it.
  • No More Heroes 3 yeeeeessss! Grasshopper also confirmed on Twitter that it's a Switch exclusive, but regardless I'm just excited to see Travis Touchdown again in a full NMH game.
  • Definitely did not expect to see a new Contra game! Nor a game based on The Dark Crystal for that matter.
  • Empire of Sin looks pretty cool, I'll have to look into that one more.
  • Never played Panzer Dragoon but I know it's well regarded so that's pretty cool to see. I'll have to give it a try.
  • The new Zelda teaser is so exciting! Cannot wait to see what comes of that, and I love the idea of Link and Zelda potentially working together (maybe even co-op?! :-o)
  • Oh yeah like avalonknight mentions below, pretty cute intro with Doug Bowser. Though now I kind of want to see a whole Direct hosted by Koopa King Bowser.
Edited by Eliwood8
36 minutes ago, Ares said:

I think he meant in reference to this:

http:// http://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1138494564078108674

D8zKRO0UIAAQCJp?format=jpg&name=large

Game already confirmed for shit. All downhill from here.

But at least we're still getting new Pokegirls to make rul34 of.

Just now, Eliwood8 said:

Seeing it on the Treehouse stream, the dungeon creation in Link's Awakening really seems to be Zelda's version of Super Mario Maker. I can dig it.

It is a nice mini version, and any new content is great content. I'd've been happy with just the regular game in those graphics.

Also, Colour Dungeon is back!

My thoughts as stuff appeared.

DQ fighters look good, but I don't recall seeing a DQ stage unless I missed it.

--So a pick 'em like Pokemon Trainer?  Each skin gets an amiibo?

Luigi's Mansion 3

*DAMN, that looks SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

*Multiplayer looked sick too.

*The level design looks next level compared to the other entries.

Dark Crystal game looks pretty interesting.

Link's Awakening

--Zelda Dungeon creator....  nice add on IMO.

The Mana Stuff

YES INDEED.  Instabuy.  I really did love SoM a lot.  I never got or got a chance to play the others but I am stoked to.

Don't know much about The Witcher but I have heard good things...

*It might not be my thing....

FE

*not my thing but....

*it did look nice

RE

*not my thing but it looked cool

NMH III

*looks decent enough

Contra Rogue Corps

*Gameplay wise doesn't look bad, but graphics seem kind of hit and miss

** Contra Collection: HELLZ YEAH.... INSTABUY

Daemon X Machina

*mech games just aren't my thing but I don't hate it

Panzer Dragoon

* I remember this from Sega and on Sega systems... what's its deal?  It looked interesting.

Pokemon Sword/Shield

*ehh not my thing

Astral Chain

*looking good

*not sure on my buying...

Empire of Sin

?

Avengers

Not bad looking...

Cadence of Hyrule

--rhythm games aren't my thing but damn does it look cool

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

--does look good.

Animal Crossing

*not my thing

*man, do the graphics look heavily upgraded.

*Tom Nook still all about his chedda

Spyro

*Finally right?

Banjo IN SMASH..

--Looks interesting as hell

BotW 2

--Yes sir, may I have some more?

So disappointed about the Pokémon not in the Galar Region dex being stuck in gen 7. :( Bummer. Will it stop me from buying this though? Probably not.

Besides that, great E3 Direct. Loved Bowser, can’t wait for Witcher 3 and new Smash DLC, and I am so happy they went ahead with BotW2 rather than remaking everything again. :) 

Edited by DranSeasona

Watched the Direct after I got back from work

thoughts: (extremely long, though)

Spoiler

Smash:

Dragon Quest hero - eh, fine i guess, not really huge on the series 

Banjo Kazooie - Holy shit! it’s been quite awhile since we’ve seen them on a Nintendo System - nice to see them back

Did like the Reveal trailers, though - the World of Light tie in was pretty cool and doing a similar gag with the Banjo & Kazooie silhouette was pretty amusing

Now, could we get those guys that did the Crash/Spyro remasters to remaster the N64 games? That would be pretty cool

Well, we have the next two characters for the DLC characters so that’s 2/3 of the 5 so that’s something at least to look forward to this Summer/Fall

Good thing i bought the Fighters Pass

Although he’s not Reggie, I’m liking Doug Bowser already - the Bowser sketch bit was pretty amusing, and it’s pretty nice to see Bowser having a soft side once in awhile still

Luigi’s Mansion 3:

This game is looking a bit more polished than last time - and unless im mistaken, this seems more along the lines in similarities to the first game

Also the brought Gooigi back, eh? Well, that’s fine - having multiplayer is a nice option to have

And 8 Player local/Online Scarescraper? That’s... a lot of Luigi’s- not complaining, though - still no specific release daye, though

Link’s Awakening- still liking this game, the Amiibo looks pretty nice too

The Dungeon Pieces/Maker is a nice addition- wonder if we’ll be able to share these with others...?

And im still liking the artstyle - can we get the Oracle games and the GCN Four Swords remade in this style? That would look pretty nice... Looking forward to it’s September release 

Tales of Mana - not sure if I’ll be interested in it, but looks nice

No More Heroes III, - same as above 

Fire Emblem Three Houses- Still looking nice

Astral Chain - nice to see more of it, this one’s on my radar

Cadence of Hyrule releases this week - Dunno if it’s my type of Game, though

New Mario & Sonic Olympics - Not really huge on these, but might consider it if it’s good (and doesn’t have unnecessary Motion controls) 

Animal Crossing New Horizons- HELL YEAH!

This looks bloody gorgeous- looks like it has outdoor customization elements from Happy Home Designer, which is pretty cool

And you can make bloody paths! No more ruining your town with horrible dirt spots, hopefully! And looks like you can have 8 people in one town going by the trailer?

But March 2020... that’s going to be a long wait... but possibly worth it for it to be polished up

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Finally coming to Switch, hell yeah!

Though it might be a surprise to some, although im mostly a Nintendo/PC player, when i was way younger I actually did have an original Playstation and had the first Spyro game... that’s been ages and I hardly remember it

Will be nice to play it again when i get it

Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch - This game caught my interest when i saw bits of it played by Crayotic on a livestream once - nice to see it making the jump to Switch 

Minecraft Dungeons - This game is still looking nice, might be fun? 

Super Lucky’s Tale - though im not entirely sure on this, but could be good?

Dauntless - Ah, so this is coming to Switch? Pretty cool - might give it a try, think it’s free to play?

Breath of the Wild Sequel- This was unexpected - still haven’t played the first one or DLC though, but the sequels way ways away so no worries there

And with that, that’s the last direct/Conference of E3 aside from Treehouse live stuff

30 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

So disappointed about the Pokémon not in the Galar Region dex being stuck in gen 7. :( Bummer. Will it stop me from buying this though? Probably not.

Besides that, great E3 Direct. Loved Bowser, can’t wait for Witcher 3 and new Smash DLC, and I am so happy they went ahead with BotW2 rather than remaking everything again. :) 

That's pretty much me at this point. Unlike with Mario Maker 2, there's enough here to keep me entertained.

Word. They kicked so much ass.

Didn't get to watch it live with my bro as we often did in years past, but we both summoned up the courage to avoid looking at our phones so we could watch it with fresh eyes together...

...and it did NOT disappoint.

The new Smash characters, expected a Dragon Quest rep and I'm surprised it took until Ultimate for it to happen but they're really going to town with it.  Banjo Kazooie is something that I always felt was possible but never would throw down a bet on it happening.  You can't imagine the smile on my face when I saw that Jiggy fly across the room near the start of the trailer.  Also, genius move reusing the K.Rool troll trailer especially because it introduced playable versions of characters from the days when Nintendo and Rare were together.

Luigi's Mansion 3 looks incredibly cool.  I got similar vibes watching this trailer as I did when the first game was about to hit Gamecube.  I don't know how to describe it, I just want to play it.

Link's Awakening looks awesome.  Glad that we got a more extensive look at everything and it's just cool how there's so much they managed to retain of the GB original despite the new tech on display versus the Gameboy days.  Dampe's Dungeon Designer thing is gonna get so much use.  Probably the closest we'll ever get to an official Zelda maker, but I'm not complaining.

Witcher 3...even with all the rumors I wasn't prepared to actually see it let alone it being a complete edition and not a port of the vanilla Witcher 3.  I was impressed by this announcement.

Trials of Mana Remake and Collection of Mana... Krazy and I LIVED for this one-two punch and if it weren't for me waiting on my replacement credit card to arrive in the mail I would have bought Collection of Mana right after the Direct.  Either way, we're getting both of these, especially now that SD3 is finally seeing localization after all these years; how could we not!?

No More Heroes 3... I honestly didn't even know what I was looking at until Travis appeared.  I kind of had an inkling because when he walked out the front door I got vibes of the No More Heroes Hotel he stayed at.  But then things got crazy and I knew then...we were in Suda51's world now.  It looks so fresh, so clean.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is more m bro's thing for the most part.  Can't wait to watch him and see what it's all about though especially after this trailer offering up so much more exposition than we had before.

Resident Evil 5 and 6...I mean, that's cool that Capcom are bringing these and in particular I never played RE6, though even back then I never really had the desire to.  I'm just curious what they plan on pricing it at considering the wacky prices they've been doing.  Honestly, Capcom's support has been really blah for Switch for the most part.  Yeah, they're bringing games but it's almost like there's no intent to want throttle what they can bring.  Like, why port Devil May Cry 1 HD and not the entire remaster pack plus DMC4 like they've done elsewhere?  Just DMC HD?  But whatever, I've ranted on this enough in the past about Capcom's approach.

Animal Crossing, this game looks so friggin clean. But more importantly, they're really revamping a lot of the stuff you can do especially since it seems like you're building up a town from nothing more or less.  I wonder how much more extensive things will be now that some element of crafting is coming in along with a lot of other QOL-esque features that should make customization and personalizing aspects of your town so much easier.

Astral Chain, from today's trailer I'm sure if I thought about it hard enough I could peg what this story will eventually turn into...then again it is Platinum Games so who's to say?  That aside I really want to give this game a try.  I really like the idea behind the action combat system and considering what Platinum is known for with their games I'm curious to see how quickly things can get crazy.

Daemon X Machina, I really wish a trailer like this was how the game was first presented because I feel like they did themselves no favors by rolling out very little of the game bit by bit until now.  This most recent trailer has all of my curiosity and it looks like there will more variety in terms of variety, enemy types and situations you can find yourself in.

Pokemon Sword and Shield, the new trailer they showed is a fantastic design!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.  I was already sold on it but today's trailer just makes it that much more obvious.  More characters, more villains, more scenarios with different characters...just more everything with this trailer.  I've never even heard of the woman with the trench coat and the two guns, Elsa Bloodstone, but she looks pretty great.

Panzer Dragoon remake!?  Out of NOWHERE!!  That was a shocking surprise!

Breath of the Wild sequel... ... ... ... ...what in the world!?  I would have been fine if the direct ended on the Banjo in Smash reveal but to follow up and bring this was the cherry on top of an ice cream cone that is balancing on another cherry that is topping yet another ice cream cone.  I figured that they would do something with all that work they put into Breath of the Wild into another project eventually but I wasn't expecting it this soon.  Especially in a year when we're getting Link's Awakening and a Legend of Zelda themed indie title.  Nintendo had E3 in the bag well before this point, now they were just planting the flag to remind everyone else who was here.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons gave me chills and the sequel to Breath of the Wild's teaser stirred up emotion. Super Mario Maker 2 will eventually become the grand slam game it should have been from the start, and I'm more than ready to sink hours into that game. Luigi's Mansion 3 has me more convinced, but I'm not quite there yet. I need to see more ghosts that are more in the direction of the original's portrait ghosts. Since the game's release is vague, there's a good chance that game will be in a Direct again. Link's Awakening looks like a lot of fun and I think it'll be refreshing to play following the experience of Breath of the Wild. I have never played the original, so the game will be completely new for me. Sword & Shield is 2 for 2 with female character design with Sonia and now Nessa. Prior to Animal Crossing's new date, it's likely that I'll have possibly 4 solid Nintendo games to keep me very occupied for the rest of 2019. 

Also, I'm glad that I can now move on from thinking Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch is a thing and get back into those games on the Wii U. I was holding out on replaying any of those games until seeing this Direct.