Nintendo @ E3 2019 - Direct in First Post

2 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Seems that several YouTube gaming channels are streaming the ND on Twitch due to copyright issues with Ubisoft's stream yesterday because Just Dance used music from Warner Media Group.

Not fun at all 

In other news, copyright laws are fucking stupid.

13 hours ago, Tyranogre said:
Doesn't explain why they don't just stick with the old Just Dance games from 2011 or earlier, but it does explain why they keep making them.

Song choices would be a big one.

Last minute predictions? More info on Link's Awakening, Smash DLC, Animal Crossing. A new WiiU to Switch port. And a couple of shadow drops. Maybe Metroid Prime 4, but given its development reboot, slim chances for that.

8 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Just started watching at 9:20. What'd I miss?

Stuff revealed I've seen so far (that I can remember):

"The Hero" from Dragon Quest is the new Smash Ultimate DLC Fighter. You can select various moves in a Dragon Quest RPG menu. The Hero fights with his sword and shield (which can block attacks kind of like Link's) and various spells. Comes with skins that vary quite a bit to look like different heroes. Based on Dragon Quest XI

Dragon Quest XI coming to Switch
No More Heroes 3
Witcher III Wild Hunt Complete Edition
Link's Awakening DX will have some kind of create-a-dungeon thing, you can make (and share, I think?) small dungeons, play them as challenges
Showed off the Pokeball Plus accessory for Pokemon Sword & Shield, walk around and train Pokemon in it
"Legend of Mana" bundle which includes Final Fantasy Adventure, releasing today

Edited by Lucina
4 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

So, can someone explain Trials of Mana to me? Is that just the English name of SD3? And it's coming in original (in the bundle) and that new remastered version?

Yes that's right, Trials of Mana is the English name of SD3. The remastered version is coming next year AND the original pixel art version is available in the bundle. Kinda surprising that they'd do that, but to be honest I don't know which I'd prefer. Since I so recently replayed Secret of Mana on the SNES Classic I might hold out for the Trials of Mana remaster.

1 minute ago, Eliwood8 said:

Yes that's right, Trials of Mana is the English name of SD3. The remastered version is coming next year AND the original pixel art version is available in the bundle. Kinda surprising that they'd do that, but to be honest I don't know which I'd prefer. Since I so recently replayed Secret of Mana on the SNES Classic I might hold out for the Trials of Mana remaster.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah I've played SoM so many times (one of my faves) as well as Sword of Mana. SD3 has only gotten a single English ROM play, and a single Japanese cartridge play so I'll likely wait for the remaster (price depending on the bundle)

3 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Soo.... my Pokemon Bank is now useless? 

Doesn't sounds like it interacts with Pokemon Home... And Bank doesn't interact with the Switch or PoGo at all...

No, they announced at the Pokemon shareholders meeting a few weeks ago that Home will be compatible with Bank, Let's Go, and Gen 8.

1 minute ago, Tyranogre said:

No, they announced at the Pokemon shareholders meeting a few weeks ago that Home will be compatible with Bank, Let's Go, and Gen 8.

Ahhh...

Good. Though I'll likely shift my living dex to Home and let my Bank die.