E3 2019 Schedule & General Discussion

I don't get what Ghostwire is supposed to be, might need to watch the trailer again.  But my take from it was a city full of people being taken by some kind of rapture and those who remain are trying to survive against demons and spirits that are starting to overrun what's left.  That's when the hero jumps in and brings up fond images of Ronin from Endgame. :P

But it does look cool, just gotta get a better idea of what it's about.

3 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I don't get what Ghostwire is supposed to be, might need to watch the trailer again.  But my take from it was a city full of people being taken by some kind of rapture and those who remain are trying to survive against demons and spirits that are starting to overrun what's left.  That's when the hero jumps in and brings up fond images of Ronin from Endgame. :P

But it does look cool, just gotta get a better idea of what it's about.

Basically, even though we don't know what's going on the concept is cool.

So the Bethesda showcase was…pretty much a ~70 minute wait for a look at Doom Eternal. :P It does look awesome though!

Okay to be fair Deathloop sounds cool and I definitely have faith in the developers of Dishonored, though I'd like to see some gameplay. Ghostwire sounds interesting (though again no gameplay) and Ikumi Nakamura may be highlight of all of E3 so far.

Interrupted while watching Bethesda's conference. Deathloop looks interesting, also the man's voice for the trailer sounds like Dave Fenoy. The man who did Lee Evert voice in the first season of the Walking Dead video game.

This ORION sounds to good to be cheap, save bandwidth and be fast. I don't want how it will work but if it is possible for all the above to work. I'm more interested in that before I believe what they are selling.

Yeah, it's cool Elder Scroll Blades coming to Switch (never been into Elder Scrolls) but love that we have a release date for Youngblood DLC for Wolfenstein II and coming to Switch. Never played or interested in Doom but the sequel to the 2016 game has a release date of November 22nd. I know this game is already confirmed to Switch but it wasn't mentioned here. To be fair. no other platforms were mentioned either.

So just Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo and ORION is what I was interested in at Bethesda show.

Watched MS and Bethesda. Seriously only liked 5 things:

-More Cyberpunk stuff

-More Outer Worlds stuff

-That Blair Witch game looking heckin' spooky

-Deathloop (cuz Dishonoured people)

-Ghostwire (cuz spooky, The Evil Within people)

Also, maybe 12 minutes.

Devolver Digital's show continues to be a highlight of E3, though admittedly I think the joke was wearing a little thin this year. As far as the games go though Carrion looks interesting, and it's good to see a confirmation of My Friend Pedro releasing soon and The Messenger DLC coming next month.

Spoiler

LEGO Star Wars:The Skywalker Saga is looking nice

Nice to see the originals remastered too - the graphics are looking quite nice and clean

Minecraft Dungeons is looking interesting - might be something I’ll pick up

Way to the Woods looks intriguing - not sure what it is, exactly 

So a Lego expansion is coming to Forza...? Huh, okay then - looks interesting? Not really interested in Forza, though

Not sure what Wayfarer is, though... looks curious

That RPG game looks nice - really like the handrawn/craft artsyle - reminds me of beween Yoshi’s Crafted World and along the lines of Kirby’s Dreamland 3 to extents

The Everything Is Awesome remix is quite nice, though

Tales of Arise looks alright 

Borderlands 3... been semi-interested in the series, but not fully sure

Cyberpunk 2077... still curious, but not sure about it fully

That new Ori game might be of interest

____

Nice to see Elder Scrolls Blades coming to the Switch- nice to see it’s still free and has cross-play

bunch of Fallout 76 content updates coming - guess that’s nice? Plus a free trial this week, no idea if my laptop can handle it though... or how long it’ll take to download...

Ghostwire: Tokyo, huh? Not sure what that is, but might keep an eye on it

But Ikumi was pretty adorable though

New Elder Scrolls stuff - wonder if that games worth looking into...?

Still not sure if Rage 2 is of interest

Been skimming through some conferences last night/this evening - thoughts and curiosities so far from what ive seen

Bit lengthy though - might’ve overlooked or forgot a thing or two though

Edited by Shadow118

Well, it's not a particularly long list, but I'll talk about my impressions of the few games I was actually interested in from Devolver Digital and Bethesda, as well as Microsoft titles that as far as I know will be available cross-platform for me to enjoy on PS4 or PC.

DEVOLVER:

Fall Guys looks like it might be a nice party game; it reminds me of Death Run on GMod, which I used to play pretty often. If it isn't priced too high I might pick it up.

Carrion actually looked like a decent little game, the physics of the big murder meat monster looks fun to control.

BETHESDA:

Doom Eternal looks pretty good to me, but not good enough for me to want to buy full price. The latest Doom will hold me over for a long time (love that game).

MICROSOFT:

Minecraft Dungeons... I really didn't expect Minecraft of all properties to be the face of a 'Diablo-like.' Ironically it might end up being better than Diablo Immortal. This is coming from someone who loved Diablo 1 and 2, and did not enjoy 3 all that much.

Elden Ring sounds fantastic as a concept and I look forward to seeing ACTUAL gameplay and elaboration on the story elements of the game's universe. I like A Song of Ice and Fire and Dark Souls; can't wait to see more.

Edited by Lucina

Only thing that caught my curiosity in Ubisofts conference was Gods & Monsters at the end

That Watchdogs game looks alright, but not for me - probably will just stick with watching someone else play it

granted the Adventure Time x Brawlhalla crossover is interesting- tried that out once, but didn’t care for it too much

Outside of that, looks like we’re getting some new Warframe content down the road...

And looks like it might have Archwing missions.

Oh joy.

Edited by Shadow118

K, watch Ubisoft press.

For the first time, I'm not that interested in Watch Dogs. There might be potential in recruiting members and playing the game with their strengths but am I wrong in wanting single protagonist focus. I have to make concept grown on me, I love London setting games but I have make this sort of gameplay marinate for me.

Just Dance is 10 years old and I don't feel old saying that oddly. I stop playing these game 4 or 5 years ago but contrast on 10 years of dancing!

Jon Bernthal in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I never played there series, not gonna with this development but that's cool!

Roller Champions seems interesting, looks like it could run on Switch.

That's all that piqued my interest in the conference. 

That FFVII reveal of Tifa was worth it.

Dragon Quest XI DE still says it's coming out Fall, we need a release date

The Last Remanent Remake is out now on Nintendo Switch.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles still does not have definitive release date. Just 2019 winter.

Oninaki comes out August 22nd on PC, PS4 and Nintendo Switch

And The Avengers game comes out May 15th 2020, with no loot boxes, and free DLC characters releases.

I think that's all that caught my attention.

26 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

That FFVII reveal of Tifa was worth it.

Dragon Quest XI DE still says it's coming out Fall, we need a release date

The Last Remanent Remake is out now on Nintendo Switch.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles still does not have definitive release date. Just 2019 winter.

Oninaki comes out August 22nd on PC, PS4 and Nintendo Switch

And The Avengers game comes out May 15th 2020, with no loot boxes, and free DLC characters releases.

I think that's all that caught my attention.

Word. So hyped for that, Dragon Quest and Crystal Chronicles.

Edited by Doc Brown

I was kind of hoping they were already going to announce an Octopath Traveler sequel when they brought it up. :-/

Cool to see Romancing Saga 3 get an international re-release. I don't know much about it but I'm interested. Outriders could be one to watch as well. Looking forward to seeing more of the Avengers game at some point, I'm definitely intrigued. And of course the FFVII Remake. I'll probably play it at some point but not looking forward to whatever the final price will be for all pieces of the game.

Don’t know if it’s my type of game, but Outriders looks curious 

Ah, Oninaki seems to be shaping up pretty well- comes out in August too... somewhat interested in that game 

That Avengers game Square Enix is doing looks like it could be interesting

Nice to hear that the content will be free