Jump to content
Pichi

Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ace said:

BOTW 2 will be fun in like 4 years :v

people keep saying this but the reason BotW took forever was because of them having to make every ridiculous possibility in the new engine work correctly.
they clearly are reusing it based on the trailer. it has no reason to be as crazy delayed as that.

Share this post


Link to post

RIP any and all hope I may have ever had for Sword and Shield being good.

 

I put up with XY leaving a blatant hook for Z that never got resolved.

 

I put up with the absolute clusterfuck that was Bank's initial launch.

 

I put up with ORAS removing all the features from Emerald.

 

I put up with SuMo being rushed out the door to coincide with the 20th anniversary.

 

I put up with Ultra SuMo being a 40-dollar game that could've been a DLC expansion.

 

But removing Pokemon not in the regional dex from the entire game, even with Bank/Home support, is where I draw the line.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pichi said:

people keep saying this but the reason BotW took forever was because of them having to make every ridiculous possibility in the new engine work correctly.
they clearly are reusing it based on the trailer. it has no reason to be as crazy delayed as that.

I was making a joke :v 

 

but then again this is the same company that had to delay an Animal Crossing game so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

RIP any and all hope I may have ever had for Sword and Shield being good.

 

I put up with XY leaving a blatant hook for Z that never got resolved.

 

I put up with the absolute clusterfuck that was Bank's initial launch.

 

I put up with ORAS removing all the features from Emerald.

 

I put up with SuMo being rushed out the door to coincide with the 20th anniversary.

 

I put up with Ultra SuMo being a 40-dollar game that could've been a DLC expansion.

 

But removing Pokemon not in the regional dex from the entire game, even with Bank/Home support, is where I draw the line.

 

Say it with me everyone: “GameFreak is a terrible developer”

 

i really wish Nintendo let another company make a mainline game. 

Share this post


Link to post

"gamefreak is a terrible developer because outside of otherwise immaculate games they remove qol changes that a lot of people won't notice or give a shit about"

fucking christ that's reactionary as hell

also i forgot this place existed, hello dead people

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Pichi said:

wouldn't call story gaps or the entirety of emerald post-game (the best in the whole series) QoL changes

caring about story at all in pokemon games seems like a fallacy since like most mediocre stories by nintendo they're engines just to play the game, i don't think i've met a single person who has given a shit about the storytelling in a pokemon game lmao, but ORAS not having the postgame stuff i'll definitely say warrants some complaint even though i personally never gave two shits about it
 

i'm not saying not to be annoyed by it, but you bet your ass it's hyperbolic af to say the games aren't going to be good or that gamefreak is a _terrible_ developer

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been calling GameFreak terrible for a long time now so calling me reactionary isn’t fair.

 

X/Y ran like absolute dogshit. 

Share this post


Link to post

If we can't bring over non-Galar Pokemon through Home, than what's the fucking point of Home? Assuming transferring from Bank to Home is a one-way trip like every other cross-gen mechanic, then certain Pokemon will be trapped inside a box where they can never be used again.

 

The simple fact of the matter is that out of almost 1000 total Pokemon species, GameFreak is going to arbitrarily decide which ones they want you to be able to bring over. Whichever ones they decide they don't want you to bring over are effectively being erased from existence.

 

Alola may have made the extremely stupid decision to get rid of the National Pokedex, but at least those 500 some-odd Pokemon still existed, and were still given new tricks to play with.

 

Galar doesn't even have that courtesy. Instead of "Gotta catch 'em all", it's "Gotta catch what we feel like animating".

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ace said:

I’ve been calling GameFreak terrible for a long time now so calling me reactionary isn’t fair.

 

X/Y ran like absolute dogshit. 

Okay but I've also called you a reactionary for years, I think it's entirely fair. theydonothing; (i've missed this emote a lot)

 

4 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

If we can't bring over non-Galar Pokemon through Home, than what's the fucking point of Home? Assuming transferring from Bank to Home is a one-way trip like every other cross-gen mechanic, then certain Pokemon will be trapped inside a box where they can never be used again.

 

The simple fact of the matter is that out of almost 1000 total Pokemon species, GameFreak is going to arbitrarily decide which ones they want you to be able to bring over. Whichever ones they decide they don't want you to bring over are effectively being erased from existence.

 

Alola may have made the extremely stupid decision to get rid of the National Pokedex, but at least those 500 some-odd Pokemon still existed, and were still given new tricks to play with.

 

Galar doesn't even have that courtesy. Instead of "Gotta catch 'em all", it's "Gotta catch what we feel like animating".

Listen, I'm not saying not to be upset.  Hell, I got hung up on ORAS because they removed something as arbitrary as trainer customization.  I'm just saying going hyperbolic and just writing off the game as not being good is reactionary as Hell.  Being a digital hoarder and expecting them to keep supporting your ability to move your pokemon from your GBA game is frankly a bit entitled, sure.  And with 1000 of the fuckers in the game, I don't think it's unreasonable if GF wants to actually be able to hit the reset button on what they want to move from generation to generation, because hey modeling and animating over 1000 pokemon is in fact actually a lot of fucking work.

I'm not saying your complaints aren't valid, I'm saying the reaction is hyperbolic as Hell. y;

Share this post


Link to post

The best-case scenario I can think of is that Dildo Diamond and Penis Pearl will come with some sort of fuckery that adds the National Dex to SwSh upon linking up with them.

 

That's how FRLG added Kanto Pokemon to RS.

Share this post


Link to post

gf isnt terrible n delaying ac isnt a bad decision

 

sword n shield dont look great tho, which is rly surprising considering its the first of its kind and what should be an important stepping stone for the series

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, wildflower said:

gf isnt terrible n delaying ac isnt a bad decision

 

sword n shield dont look great tho, which is rly surprising considering its the first of its kind and what should be an important stepping stone for the series

it's wild to me that anybody can be upset at delaying a game in 2019 when the industry standard is to release half-finished early-access games that need months of patches to reach a point where they're functional

i welcome delays at this point, give me a game that's polished and working pls

Share this post


Link to post

The worst part of the Pokemon news is that it doesn't make any sense. Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon released 2 years ago and featured over 800 Pokemon. All the models and animations are there.

Hopefully the fan reaction lights a fire under GF's ass or they decide to delay the game and give us a quality product.

 

Super excited about Dragon Quest in Smash, and I'm happy to see the Mana series coming to Switch. Breath of the Wild 2 is giving me the right feels I was hoping for a Majora's Mask-esque sequel. AC being delayed to spring next year is fine. My hope is there's atleast twice as much land to work with in this game than in New Leaf.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched the treehouse segment of animal crossing, but everything I've read is great.

 

The game also sports local coop; Davy and I are probably going to poor a lot of hours into AC on that feature alone. rip real life, i need a fantasy life where I can pay off my loans :V

Share this post


Link to post

latest?cb=20180308210604

 

Oompa, Loompa, doopity-do
GameFreak are hacks, now the series is through
Oompa, Loompa, doopity-don
Why can't we transfer our Pokemon?

Nine-hundred mons, that sure is quite a bunch
To program them all would require a crunch
Or maybe not, it should never cause shame
To take extra time and delay the game

(if only for a month or two)

Oompa, Loompa, doopity-da
If you're not lazy, you will go far
You will live in happiness, too
Like the Oompa Loompa doopity-do!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pichi said:

remember when ppl trashed on RSE in the 2000s for the same reason lol

ye but rse were good :[ it was a bad decision then, just because we got over it with time because the games were good doesn't mean its any better of a decision now, especially when what we can do in games is so much more advanced 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×