Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

Just now, Tyranogre said:

I typically follow my favorite voice actors and wait till they say something like "You can hear me as character X in anime Y, now streaming on platform Z!"

It's not the best, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll probably watch "Given" subbed if I can. Nothing against dubs, I'm just impatient lol.

Trying to fiddle around and figure out this whole modding stuff and...

Well, it’s a lot more complicated and difficult to figure out than i thought it would be

Thought it would be a bit more easier than this

A lot of extra steps and things to download - some mods need other mods or things to work properly and some require a specific version of forge or not available on 1.14....

Bloody complicated

And i have no idea how well my laptop will handle mods either 

Minecraft Java is already a bit sluggish at startup so I really have no idea how well this is going to go in the long run

Probably going to need a WAY higher end laptop for things to run smoothly...

3 minutes ago, Pichi said:

what are you modding exactly

Minecraft Java....?

I did mention that a bit further down

Granted i had forge 1.12 installed, but seems like I’ve broken something...

Already.

This is way more complicated than i thought... I’ll continue re-figuring/sorting (and hopefully fixing) it out tomorrow 

Yep.

Ive definitely broken something.

No idea what, but i broke something

Will relook at things tomorrow 

edit:

okay, did some messing around and i got things somewhat fixed - the title is still stuck at <unnamed instillation> so really have no idea what to do about that

And I can’t get Forge 1.13 or 1.14 to work - looks like im stuck with using 1.12 for the time being until i figure that out...

Edited by Shadow118
1 minute ago, Ares said:

What are you reading through?

It's Mother 2 (JPN Earthbound)
I'm going through the game reading every bit of dialog I can for practice + to see everything in the game I never found in the past
It's actually really good for Japanese practice imo because the NPCs will talk about anything and everything, such as humdrum daily stuff, the "monster from the vegetable soup," how joining a cult affected their marriage, and basically anything else you can think of

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

It's Mother 2 (JPN Earthbound)
I'm going through the game reading every bit of dialog I can for practice + to see everything in the game I never found in the past
It's actually really good for Japanese practice imo because the NPCs will talk about anything and everything, such as humdrum daily stuff, the "monster from the vegetable soup," how joining a cult affected their marriage, and basically anything else you can think of

A lot of that stuff is in the English version, too.

Earthbound is a game that we may never know everything about.

2 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

A lot of that stuff is in the English version, too.

Earthbound is a game that we may never know everything about.

well of course. it's almost all in there, minus occasional things that were removed/altered due to space or to make sense/be funny in english.
my point was that one of the things that make it really charming in english also make it really good language practice in japanese

30 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Don't forget to talk to everyone in the world before returning to Ness's house after killing Giygas.

of course. also found a few i never realized were a thing, like backstage pass girl lamenting that the Runaway Five are leaving if you go back and talk before getting on the bus. granted, i actually wanted to go back into the theater and she was just there to block it but you know

Edited by Pichi
32 minutes ago, Pichi said:

of course. also found a few i never realized were a thing, like backstage pass girl lamenting that the Runaway Five are leaving if you go back and talk before getting on the bus. granted, i actually wanted to go back into the theater and she was just there to block it but you know

There's also one if you talk to Paula's dad after rescuing her but get her killed while she's in your party.

On 6/26/2019 at 10:11 AM, Pichi said:

borders aren't real and our country is only good at perpetuating war crimes and exploiting communities for resources

I’m not disagreeing with this, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that there’s a reason people flee their home countries in droves and head for the States. I don’t think it’s all ignorance on their part. The US has something to offer in theory that many other countries just don’t have. I mean, would you want to move to the places these poor people are fleeing? I would be willing to bet not, just saying. 

Is that to say there’s nothing to be ashamed of? Of course not. In fact obviously the States has a lot they need to sort out, like, yesterday (the racism-induced violence and refugee punishing being some of many examples). But I think you guys need to remember what the States HAS succeeded at doing compared to most everywhere else in the world. I’m not saying to worship the nation saying it can do no wrong. But I don’t think it’s fair to imply they do nothing right, especially when looking at a lot of problems shared by many other nations, too.