Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

See, with local multiplayer games like Smash or Mario Kart, while there may be this inherent feeling of animosity when you lose, but as long as you're playing together with your friends, you can laugh it off because deep down, you know you're just having fun.

But once that goes online, you're not just having fun with your friends anymore. You're playing with complete strangers. And without that factor of having fun with your friends, it becomes much harder to laugh it off.

I've entered a few Smash tournaments at cons, and never made it past the first round. My opponents beat me just as hard as random strangers online. However, because they're actually there playing with me, as opposed to over the internet, I was still able to laugh it off as if I was having fun with my friends, even though they were still complete strangers.

I don't know how else to explain it.

It's just hilarious how competitive people can be on game modes that are not supposed to be that competitive and just fun. I understand winning is part of the fun but for a noob, it ruins the experience of me wanting to ever play the game when someone is hurling insults for my mistake. But I do need to suck it up and do better the next time as League is a cooperative team game. I do need to remember the mistake I made and not do it again to be better. Live and Learn.  

Edited by Kirbymeister2

Finished Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series. It was a very interesting experience, if not difficult to watch near the end. I'm going to have nightmares of that disembodied Rei face. It was a little difficult to follow everything going on, and even still it's hard to put my thoughts into words. The middle is mostly comprised of monster-of-the-day type episodes and I started to lose interest until episode 18 and onwards. I'm not a fan on mecha anime, but I was drawn to Evangelion from it's reputation and the themes I heard it touches on. I'm glad I watched it, and I feel it delivers. I anticipate on watching End of Evangelion later this week or next.

I think the Netflix dub is great. The worst part is that "Fly me to the Moon" isn't the credits theme.

I grew up one of those toxic assholes in multiplayer games and now that I've mellowed out, none of it bothers me anymore when people act like shitheels online.  I mostly play League nowadays but the toxicity in that game doesn't bother me at all considering I've dealt with worst my entire life, either in XBL, Dota 2, or growing up in bot raids and clans in Starcraft. y;

Plus I'm gold trash, so everybody's toxic in my elo in League.  Nothing makes me happier than tilting the enemy toplaner enough that he starts shit-talking me in allchat and I'm just having a laugh about it. theydonothing;

I get frustrated at videogames but that's because I'm a competitive person, online or off.  I mainly get mad at myself for not being good enough, never at other people.  I can appreciate people being better than me.

Edited by luca
9 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I've entered a few Smash tournaments at cons, and never made it past the first round. My opponents beat me just as hard as random strangers online. However, because they're actually there playing with me, as opposed to over the internet, I was still able to laugh it off as if I was having fun with my friends, even though they were still complete strangers.

I don't know how else to explain it.

8 hours ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

It's just hilarious how competitive people can be on game modes that are not supposed to be that competitive and just fun. I understand winning is part of the fun but for a noob, it ruins the experience of me wanting to ever play the game when someone is hurling insults for my mistake. But I do need to suck it up and do better the next time as League is a cooperative team game. I do need to remember the mistake I made and not do it again to be better. Live and Learn.  

cause people can't be dickbags to your face even if they go back home and are dickbags online.
usually though the ones that bother to show up in person for events are actual community members and are sometimes better than average.

When playing league, I always insta-ignored anybody that showed signs of Heated Gamer Moments. 5 chances for a turd to bring the other team down and only 4 on your side if you don't get involved. For learning though it's just better to play with friendos

6 hours ago, luca said:

I grew up one of those toxic assholes in multiplayer games and now that I've mellowed out, none of it bothers me anymore when people act like shitheels online.  I mostly play League nowadays but the toxicity in that game doesn't bother me at all considering I've dealt with worst my entire life, either in XBL, Dota 2, or growing up in bot raids and clans in Starcraft. y;

Plus I'm gold trash, so everybody's toxic in my elo in League.  Nothing makes me happier than tilting the enemy toplaner enough that he starts shit-talking me in allchat and I'm just having a laugh about it. theydonothing;

I get frustrated at videogames but that's because I'm a competitive person, online or off.  I mainly get mad at myself for not being good enough, never at other people.  I can appreciate people being better than me.

yeah i was guilty of this too. started only playing with a full friend team for the first half a year or so, but when i got into ranked i absorbed the same shit. a while later there were some really cool posts on the forums for that game about what makes a competitive mindset and so on that made me start to change. i still got pulled into it sometimes though. it wears on you after a while

"u mad u bad" and so on

Edited by Pichi
3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

This about sum it up?

Congratulations way to go, whoever made this video

This song had been stuck in my head since finishing Magical Kappa Boys a few days ago and I don't want be the only one with this earworm. y;

Edited by Ares
11 hours ago, LimeCatMaster said:

aww fuck yeah

I've never found Patriotism to really be a good thing. You should have a sense of pride in your country, respect it. But once it reaches the level of worship people show sports teams... I don't know..

On the flip side, the most patroitic states are New Hampshire, Wyoming and Vermont. The stereotypical patriotic state of Texas is ranked 46th. 

You can see additional information on that patriotism survey here. The study looked at 13 factors split across two categories (military engagement and civic engagement), including veterans per capita, the amount of active military personnel, volunteerism and voter turnout. 

Is there a Twitter account or something like that that announces when services like crunchyroll pick up summer 2019 anime?

There's an anime I'm hoping lands on... Well, anywhere but Amazon, to be frank, and it's be nice to not keep checking crunchyroll / hidive / Funi /etc. and just have a Twitter account I can look up.

Edited by Ares
19 minutes ago, Ares said:

Is there a Twitter account or something like that that announces when services like crunchyroll pick up summer 2019 anime?

There's an anime I'm hoping lands on... Well, anywhere but Amazon, to be frank, and it's be nice to not keep checking crunchyroll / hidive / Funi /etc. and just have a Twitter account I can look up.

I typically follow my favorite voice actors and wait till they say something like "You can hear me as character X in anime Y, now streaming on platform Z!"

It's not the best, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯