Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

Car dealer takes my car in to fix a problem they made. 

They give me a DISGUSTING smelly loaner car with bad brakes and an engine knock. 

They take that that one back and give me another one the next day with no brakes at all. I have to slam the pedal to the floor to stop this thing. 

Their response? “Sorry we don’t have any more cars. We can look at that one but it’s all we have” 

I have been battling with this place since JULY of last year over this problem and they just keep fucking everything up every step of the way. 

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Maybe this will cheer you up, ace:

It wouldn’t be so irritating if I didn’t take such good care of my own car. I don’t expect the best thing in the world as a loaner but something not falling apart would be nice.

buzzkill warning

Spoiler

I feel like shit. I don't know if it's an undiagnosed mood disorder as I've started to suspect for the last year or so, or just the natural 2019 state of things, but lately it has gotten more intense and manifests in ways it didn't before. My patience for the tedium of my job is wearing thin, I get irrationally frustrated by minor things going wrong, I can't talk to certain people whatsoever without feeling angry at them for no reason. I keep thinking about my own impending death, not by suicide necessarily, but what feels like the inevitability of my life being cut short, likely by the effects of climate change, before I grow old. Morbidly, thinking about climate change is comforting to me now, because of the idea that humanity will be gone and global ecology will have a chance to bounce back and restore the earth to a healthy state. I'm actually sort of looking forward to humanity wiping itself out. Is that fucked up or can anyone relate?

The only reason I even mention this is because from an objective standpoint, things in my life are pretty good right now. The fact that I feel so unhappy so much of the time in spite of my privilege and good fortune lately is just one more thing making everything seem wrong and unjust. Somehow I caught myself at a moment when writing this down doesn't feel stupid. I usually don't know how to complain without feeling more angry at myself.

1 hour ago, Young P said:

buzzkill warning

Hide contents

I feel like shit. I don't know if it's an undiagnosed mood disorder as I've started to suspect for the last year or so, or just the natural 2019 state of things, but lately it has gotten more intense and manifests in ways it didn't before. My patience for the tedium of my job is wearing thin, I get irrationally frustrated by minor things going wrong, I can't talk to certain people whatsoever without feeling angry at them for no reason. I keep thinking about my own impending death, not by suicide necessarily, but what feels like the inevitability of my life being cut short, likely by the effects of climate change, before I grow old. Morbidly, thinking about climate change is comforting to me now, because of the idea that humanity will be gone and global ecology will have a chance to bounce back and restore the earth to a healthy state. I'm actually sort of looking forward to humanity wiping itself out. Is that fucked up or can anyone relate?

The only reason I even mention this is because from an objective standpoint, things in my life are pretty good right now. The fact that I feel so unhappy so much of the time in spite of my privilege and good fortune lately is just one more thing making everything seem wrong and unjust. Somehow I caught myself at a moment when writing this down doesn't feel stupid. I usually don't know how to complain without feeling more angry at myself.

i have no words to soften the distress you're feeling, but despite it definitely being fucked up, i can relate to the whole impending doom thing very strongly, as well as the general 'state of things' feeling and...well, i can relate to it all. at most i can offer my condolences; the only thing that helped pull me out of it was quitting my job and being able to have someone support me, to be honest. if i hadn't have been able to quit and recharge my life, i know i would be much, much worse off right now than i am. and obviously that's not an option for a lot of people, unfortunately. 

anyway, i'm sorry you're really going through it. no worries about being a buzzkill, shit's hard for everyone and i understand entirely. 

1 minute ago, wildflower said:

what makes you think its appropriate to ask me this, out of the blue? because i'm black?

i'm tired, oscar. those are my thoughts. 

No sweat! It's an exhaustive and petty topic altogether so I get not wanting to touch it.

5 hours ago, wildflower said:

new leaf ofc flower;

I might go back to new leaf because I need something to fill the gap until NH. But I'm also scared of having not been to my town for years and I'm terrified to see what it looks like now. Davy also booted up City Folk because that's the AC he had the least experience with, so it seems like everyone is in an animal crossing mood as of late.

i guess i can always play pocket camp

1 minute ago, Ares said:

I might go back to new leaf because I need something to fill the gap until NH. But I'm also scared of having not been to my town for years and I'm terrified to see what it looks like now. Davy also booted up City Folk because that's the AC he had the least experience with, so it seems like everyone is in an animal crossing mood as of late.

i guess i can always play pocket camp

i started a new file a couple months ago to scratch the itch, but a couple days ago i went back to gardenia and even tho i had a new villager in a semi-shitty spot, everything else was fine and everyone was there flower; it was a huge relief, last time i played i didn't remember stopping someone from leaving (apparently it was over a year ago lol), so i was scared one of my favorites would be gone, but it all worked out! i'm glad i went back, i've been putting in some time just fucking around and working on badges i didn't get before haha

Just now, Chrom said:

When they recently said New Horizons wouldn't connect with Pocket Camp that further cemented me not picking that game back up again. I had fun with it at first for a while but I stopped enjoying it.

god, i stopped playing pocket camp probably within the week it came out, i just couldn't love it like i loved new leaf 

i'm glad its not going to be connected in any way, i don't want to feel as if i'm missing out on content because i didn't want to play a mobile game every day for the past year. 

Davy has tried keeping up with pocket camp, longer than most, and eventually stopped.

apparently their splash screen for loading new areas is selling their lootbox exclusive furniture. lol;

so, yeah, really glad pocket camp isn't connected. I've tried going back to it a few times and I just can't.

At first I didn't pick up Pocket Camp just cause I didn't wanna get addicted to an Animal Crossing game and lose all my time.
But the actual state of it just makes me glad I didn't for every other reason.

I've been trying to play japanese New Leaf for max comfy while getting in reading practice, but the infodumps early on are roouuugh.
Still have the AC itch as well, but trying to hold off until I can make it productive lol

6 hours ago, Young P said:

buzzkill warning

Hide contents

The world is a dumpster fire right now, so it's completely understandable. That you're doing okay externally on a personal level doesn't make those feelings less valid, and knowing that the earth will move on even if we don't is a nice bit of solace tbh. I can't offer much on the way of advice, but don't fret about venting here when you need to. We all need an outlet.

Edited by Pichi

Finished Vesperia.

Spoiler

That ending was... something, alright. Yuri and friends essentially rob the planet of all it's convenient resources, turns to Duke and tells him "Smell ya later!", and then fucks off. And judging by the silly doodles during the credits, everything is just hunky-dory. Yuri gets away with murder, Sodia gets away with attempted murder, presumably thousands are dying from starvation, but hey, we* made this choice (* = 'we' meaning us 8 people, not warning any of the leaders that their cities would resort to anarchy over night.)

I'd say Vesperia is definitely overrated. It and Xenoblade Chronicles got bonus points that generation with JRPGs struggling on home consoles and Final Fantasy XIII setting the bar very low. And to it's credit, this game looks impressive for 2008 and it plays well. I wouldn't say Vesperia is a terrible game, it's actually pretty fun and I could see myself doing another playthrough.