Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

43 minutes ago, wildflower said:

ive been watching ty play some overwatch this weekend n i think i wanna start playing matty;

It's a slippery slope. I watched some streamers' videos of Overwatch, tried it out on a free weekend, and now I'm still playing semi-regularly nearly two years later.

2 hours ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Overwatch: Calling out hacking on snipers and calling out lazy Torbs, Basts, and Syms.

And the sure anger of kids. And you get the real vile shit. 

My advice: If you value your sanity dont play it.

no offense but that's kinda condescending and i don't really care flower; 

6 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

It's a slippery slope. I watched some streamers' videos of Overwatch, tried it out on a free weekend, and now I'm still playing semi-regularly nearly two years later.

ahhhaha that sounds like the good kind of slope! y; we were playing on ps4 but i'm not a console gamer, so playing with a controller is really foreign to me for something like an fps. i think i'll probably have better luck with m+kb, but from the little i played over the weekend it is a game where you just wanna keep going. 

i played a few rounds as lucio and ashe flower; 

1 hour ago, wildflower said:

no offense but that's kinda condescending and i don't really care flower; 

If you didn't care why did you-

Whatever that's my opinion of playing this game for nearly 3 years. But the game is fun just expect that to happen a lot these days. Even on Quick Matches people will have the chance to really spill that stuff. Not being mean, I am really warning you of some of the vile stuff that can happen.  

Edited by Kirbymeister2
19 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

If you didn't care why did you-

Whatever that's my opinion of playing this game for nearly 3 years. But the game is fun just expect that to happen a lot these days. Even on Quick Matches people will have the chance to really spill that stuff. Not being mean, I am really warning you of some of the vile stuff that can happen.  

i just posted that i thought i was gonna start playing, i didn't really ask for advice but you sure felt the need to give it anyway. its a chat thread though, so i'll excuse that as just making conversation, so its not like, a big deal, but you're still being kinda condescending (not mean - you're not being unkind or unfriendly, and that's not what i meant when i said condescending)

i'm not attacking your character or your experiences in playing the game, i'm sure they're very relevant. my point was that your warning was unneeded because much like yourself, i'm sure, this isn't my first rodeo and in fact, i've been playing video games for a long time now and been a woman even longer, so i'm well aware of the toxicity that can come when you combine the two, that's all! flower;

no hard feelings bubby 

1 minute ago, ace said:

Now is actually a great time to get into overwatch. The new custom game mode thing they’ve added is fantastic. I’ve played super smash bros in overwatch. Anything Is possible 

i played the gamemode where you switch heroes after you die which seems like wonderful fun except i was terrible so it was wonderful fun for the 1 minute i played as a character i liked before being ass blasted back to spawn and rolling out as hanzo and then lather rinse repeat lmfao y; 

i don't usually fuck around w custom shit like that in games, i like to stick to the official shit the game has to offer for the most part, but i like it when games offer player-made changes and such 

33 minutes ago, wildflower said:

i just posted that i thought i was gonna start playing, i didn't really ask for advice but you sure felt the need to give it anyway. its a chat thread though, so i'll excuse that as just making conversation, so its not like, a big deal, but you're still being kinda condescending (not mean - you're not being unkind or unfriendly, and that's not what i meant when i said condescending)

i'm not attacking your character or your experiences in playing the game, i'm sure they're very relevant. my point was that your warning was unneeded because much like yourself, i'm sure, this isn't my first rodeo and in fact, i've been playing video games for a long time now and been a woman even longer, so i'm well aware of the toxicity that can come when you combine the two, that's all! flower;

no hard feelings bubby 

I think you are misinterpreting things and no I wasn't saying that because you are a woman because as a man myself I have seen some nasty shit. But this has nothing to deal with any of that. What I mean to say is that occasionally you  see that stuff (I've seen it more than any other online game) but it's cool you have thick skin to deal with that shit. Not trying to be disrespectful, I've just have grown pessimistic with the atmosphere of those that play the game lately. Not saying the game is bad just some of it's community. 

I didn't take no hard feelings but whatever floats your boat. Just please don't misconstrue I am condescending; I am not trying to be.  

And that one mode in Arcade when switching random characters after death is the best of the game. The best to train with heroes; problem is that that game mode can be unbalanced but interesting y;

Edited by Kirbymeister2

I've reached the endgame of Vesperia and now I need to grind Grade and skills before finishing things up. I think once I finish the game and take a break, I'll start Dragon Warrior III as my next console RPG. I have a sentimental attachment to playing Dragon Warrior/Quest during the Summer.

I've been replaying Pokemon Platinum, and it's a blast. It's fun to play a Pokemon game that treats me like I have a brain. And with this past week's news, I can play Platinum knowing that GameFreak isn't competent to deliver a satisfying remake of Sinnoh.

1 hour ago, wildflower said:

i played the gamemode where you switch heroes after you die which seems like wonderful fun except i was terrible so it was wonderful fun for the 1 minute i played as a character i liked before being ass blasted back to spawn and rolling out as hanzo and then lather rinse repeat lmfao y; 

i don't usually fuck around w custom shit like that in games, i like to stick to the official shit the game has to offer for the most part, but i like it when games offer player-made changes and such 

Mystery Heroes is great for getting in some practice with different characters without feeling like you're burdening your team too much. And I get less frustrated by losing since sometimes there really is just no accounting for the randomness.

I play on PS4 too, and with a controller, though I'm definitely not very good with the super aim-intensive heroes. I got the two trophies for Widowmaker and have never again selected her in a normal match. And it's nice that you're gravitating toward Lucio, a healer! Overwatch could always use more healer players.

Yeah I don't mess with custom game modes either, though it's nice to see all of the creativity that the Workshop has inspired. I do like watching videos of their crazy creations on Youtube every now and then.

Budgeting for some of these good looking  games is gonna be a bit tough, but it is a great time to be a Switch owner! :) 

I don’t like online only games, personally, but the game industry might be moving in that direction via all the streaming that’s coming. Although I’d be okay with a cloud save and storage system where you can download some games for offline  and travelling use. 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:06 PM, Tyranogre said:

You start with three primary colors: red, yellow, and blue.

By mixing two of those colors together, you could make three additional ones: orange, green, and purple.

Six colors. A nice, round number.

But then that Indigo asshole came along and fucked everything up. It thinks it's good enough to be a part of our rainbow, but it's not. It's just a darker blue.

Fuck Indigo.

Schools around here (and I think some educational shows) don't include Indigo in the rainbow anymore. they just go from Blue to Violet.

RIP Roy G Biv

2 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Budgeting for some of these good looking  games is gonna be a bit tough, but it is a great time to be a Switch owner! :) 

I don’t like online only games, personally, but the game industry might be moving in that direction via all the streaming that’s coming. Although I’d be okay with a cloud save and storage system where you can download some games for offline  and travelling use. 

Yep.

That's me as well. People will go through their caps easily with it. Either they'll be screwed over or the ISP's have to get rid of bandwidth caps. But we all know that if they did that, they'd make it uber expensive to get, as per usual. I'm ok with cloud saves and regular saves (as a back up).

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yep.

That's me as well. People will go through their caps easily with it. Either they'll be screwed over or the ISP's have to get rid of bandwidth caps. But we all know that if they did that, they'd make it uber expensive to get, as per usual. I'm ok with cloud saves and regular saves (as a back up).

If you luck out and have broadband that isn't Comcast you might not have a data cap lol

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

If you luck out and have broadband that isn't Comcast you might not have a data cap lol

I wish. I have that or AT&T to choose from. anhero;  But on the bright side, at least the cap is at 600gb now instead of 250gb a month.

31 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

@Doc Brown Yeah I hear you. I am assuming the Switch’s successor (direct or spiritual) will at least be able to play offline sometimes.

I think it would make the most sense, anyway, and I’m guessing my fears are unfounded, but can’t help feeling a bit uneasy.

Here's to hoping.

Agreed, and I don't think they're unfounded for what it's worth. Gaming companies seem to think that people are made of money. I feel the same too for what it's worth. Especially given the size of some updates/patches.