Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

You start with three primary colors: red, yellow, and blue.

By mixing two of those colors together, you could make three additional ones: orange, green, and purple.

Six colors. A nice, round number.

But then that Indigo asshole came along and fucked everything up. It thinks it's good enough to be a part of our rainbow, but it's not. It's just a darker blue.

Fuck Indigo.

1 minute ago, Tyranogre said:

By mixing two of those colors together, you could make three additional ones: orange, green, and purple.

But then that Indigo asshole came along and fucked everything up. It thinks it's good enough to be a part of our rainbow, but it's not. It's just a darker blue.

Fuck Indigo.

i was about to write a post explaining why it isn't properly thought of six discrete colors (since, well, the actual levels of redness/blueness/greennness matter)

but then i realized I'd be defending indigo.

3 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Fuck Indigo.

Ah but then you also have yellow orange and red orange and that fucks things even more. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2

its only ever men that i see complain about color differences and i can only assume its because most of you have been cursed to not see them all well 

i took one of those color shades tests years ago and i remember getting a super high score in telling colors apart but i had a non-color blind friend take it and he bombed it y; 

oh i hit 5k posts flower; 

9 minutes ago, wildflower said:

its only ever men that i see complain about color differences and i can only assume its because most of you have been cursed to not see them all well

yeah like why were all our senses nerfed that's wack. smell too.

When it comes to teal, turquoise, sea green and various other colors that ride the line between green and blue, my gf usually sees the distinction in color better than I do; I tend to mix up green and blue and see it as one or the other (usually the opposite of what she sees).

22 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Sometimes I wonder whether I see the same colors that other people do.

Like, how do I know for sure that "my" red isn't someone else's purple?

people say this a lot but if it were really the case i don't feel like the associations between certain colors and moods would be so consistent

In sad news, the little fish I brought home yesterday died overnight. 

In good news I have washed out and reconditioned the tank and fishy 2 is happy and healthy 

Edited by ace