Nyakuza Metro - N4A Chat Thread - June 2019

April

Atleast in RSE's case, the mechanics of the games (the inclusion of Special Defense, etc.) presented a challenge, and I don't think there's any documented way of allowing communication from Gameboy/Color to Advance.

Listening to the interview now, it seems less like "we didn't have enough time to include them" but instead "this is how we're going to develop our games now."

It makes me wonder if I should bother bringing my Pokemon from their Bank service to Home, knowing that I'll be paying Game Freak to let me use my Pokemon whenever they feel like it.

8 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

Atleast in RSE's case, the mechanics of the games (the inclusion of Special Defense, etc.) presented a challenge, and I don't think there's any documented way of allowing communication from Gameboy/Color to Advance.

Listening to the interview now, it seems less like "we didn't have enough time to include them" but instead "this is how we're going to develop our games now."

It makes me wonder if I should bother bringing my Pokemon from their Bank service to Home, knowing that I'll be paying Game Freak to let me use my Pokemon whenever they feel like it.

Yea you bring up a good point on this. 

And this translation via Reddit seems to back it up:  https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bzl1wx/direct_translation_from_masuda_about_the_limited/

I'll be keeping Bank, but for now... very wary of Home. 

28 minutes ago, Ares said:

I think i'm entering the "i can't stand to play a traditional console anymore" phase of my switch ownership

what do you mean I can't play away from the TV if I want to?

add a laptop to your collection and you'll never need to. lol

14 minutes ago, Ares said:

but then i can't play games with my kitty on my lap

Anyway, starting xenoblade 2. The music is kvhappy;

Just a heads-up:

Save the game right before you leave Tora's house for the first time. You'll be forced into a tutorial about awakening Core Crystals. The crystal you get is guaranteed to be a female Wind Knuckle Claw-user, but is also the only time in the game where it doesn't auto-save before awakening. This specific Blade is programmed to be unreleaseable (as a precaution to ensure Rex always has a Blade equipped during story segments where Pyra temporarily leaves. If you keep resetting, it's possible to force this Blade to have a positive luck modifier. You want that luck modifier.

I know you won't understand any of the above paragraph, but I'm just trying to save you some agony later in the game.