Super Mario Maker 2 Direct - May 15th, 6 PM ET

29 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

The game voucher idea is what is known as the hard sell.  But that is a good deal IMO.

So why didn't they make mention of that stylus at all?

This is similar when Nintendo have cyber deals but you bought most of the games they offers in said deal. Also, I know there's no way to make the discount work with physical but even tho I have quite the collection of digital titles on Switch I'm purest and want to own the physical games.

It's great that you can hold on to the vouchers up to year but you must buy a voucher by July 31, 2019. That's not a lot time to decide to get one if you fall in the above category. Like there's Nintendo titles I want get later on this year but I don't what I want to get digital as discount. Maybe Pokemon Sword or Shield, I dunno, don't make me choose Nintendo.

Something I can't help notice but I feel this is the first significant effort Nintendo has made with their online in some time.

Like, I'm almost positive that it's to add value to their NSO service, but... given that they're adding value by actually adding value I think that's a good thing? I think?

But hot damn, does this game look packed. Very very packed.

@ 41s and 44-46s

Notice the blue "industrial parts"?  Like a "chemical plant" theme of sorts.... but then again after that first brief clip you see that same kind of stuff again as part of that tank coming across the screen.

With the tank being shown in a different background I'm not sure on theme but the first clip.... looks like a new theme with how the walls and floors look compared to any other theme they talked about.

That tree stack looked interesting too

That Super Famicom logo... something or nothing?

I can't decide....  no way its coincidence....  I doubt its an effect from the game though( like the cat paws or fireworks...ect... ) ... it would make no sense.

Edited by purple_beard
8 hours ago, Ares said:

Something I can't help notice but I feel this is the first significant effort Nintendo has made with their online in some time.

Like, I'm almost positive that it's to add value to their NSO service, but... given that they're adding value by actually adding value I think that's a good thing? I think?

But hot damn, does this game look packed. Very very packed.

This is the first time that Nintendo added online multiplayer side-scrolling platform game. I think ever since NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii, (with that being the first console with online capabilities) we wanted that game with online aspects. Less than 10 years later we are finally getting it. We also wanted Mario Party with online, we got last year sort of with Super Mario Party with playing the minigames online with other.

With Nintendo one baby step at a time.

I feel like people are reading too much into the SFC logo. I took it as just a sound-effect trigger like how the other things have an image. So hopping in the car brought up the logo and then the music changed.

Also, I only just watched this as I wasn't overly looking forward to this game. But goddamn they put ton of stuff into this game. And it definitely looks like the price tag would be worth it for someone like me who doesn't plan on making any levels but just playing, especially that multiplayer and a story mode.

Edit: Also, I don't see it mentioned much, but when  they chose the Mario 3D World option there was clearly a blank spot next to it, suggesting another theme.

Edited by EH_STEVE
  • Chrom featured this topic