Super Mario Maker 2 Direct - May 15th, 6 PM ET

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if they will announce if we are going to the that stylus pre-order bonus that the rest of the world is getting? Personally, I'd like it to just be included with all copies of the game. Also, I wonder if we're going to get that NSO bundle as well  (Game plus 1-year subscription)?  I've been on the fence about this game, as I've had more fun playing other's courses than making my own, but if the only way to get that stylus is via pre-order, I might just cave in. I might considerrd getting the NSO bundle (if its coming stateside) if it's cheaper than buying the game + a 1-year sub and save it for when my sub runs out in Sept.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Maker 2 Direct - May 15th, 6 PM ET

Lots of cool new features being added in SMM2! I really like how you can set clear conditions and how there are multiplayer modes online.

Too bad no mention of the stylus that the rest of the world is getting as a pre-order bonus. :(  Hopefully we are getting it as well and we'll hear something about it soon.

end83e5.jpg?1

Edited by alienboyva

Quick takeaways from the direct:

• Night courses change the gravity, physics and properties of a course...awesome
  • I forgot the name of the car Mario was driving but did they purposely briefly flash super famicom icon?
  • Damn the multiplayer aspects blow the previous title out of the water, so many way to play with other locally and online
  • So many different enemies and course exclusive props for SMW

That's all I can think of on the top of my head.

I'm ready to PO now.

I'm probably most excited for the addition of multiplayer—I had a lot of fun playing the original Super Mario Maker with my siblings, passing the controller back and forth while clearing levels, and now we can all get in on the chaos at the same time! Plus seeing the SMB, SMB3, and SMBW versions of Toad and Toadette is pretty cute.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Quick takeaways from the direct:

• Night courses change the gravity, physics and properties of a course...awesome
  • I forgot the name of the car Mario was driving but did they purposely briefly flash super famicom icon?
  • Damn the multiplayer aspects blow the previous title out of the water, so many way to play with other locally and online
  • So many different enemies and course exclusive props for SMW

That's all I can think of on the top of my head.

I'm ready to PO now.

It was the Koopa Troopa Car. I also noticed the Super Famicon icon when he got into it. I think it's a 3D World only item.

But man they added so much into this. They went all out to improve over what the original did. Multiplayer is going to make this much more fun as I can probably see us doing that sometime.

4 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

It was the Koopa Troopa Car. I also noticed the Super Famicon icon when he got into it. I think it's a 3D World only item.

But man they added so much into this. They went all out to improve over what the original did. Multiplayer is going to make this much more fun as I can probably see us doing that sometime.

Thanks!

Yeah, I can see us doing multiplayer nights with this with the online aspects. We can control the length of the night with those clear conditions.

With Smash on Tuesday, MK8DX on Thursday and the additional Smash Night on Saturday. We can squeeze Super Mario Maker nights on Wednesday. We can do a test run this summer to see who is interested.

Finally finished watching the video.

Day/Night special stuff....

Angry Sun/Moon...

Tilt and Claw options...

Liquid levels... with auto fill controls

Vertical "sub" areas?  Means not standard areas?

Dry Bones shell... nice...

Super Bonus Coins....

Cool to see sounds and effects returning...

Conditional level completion...

Mario can RIDE Yoshi...

Multiplayer looks kind of sick.

Story Mode for getting parts sounds interesting...

Super Mario 3D World Style seems to t be the showcase style for the game will the additional abilities in its creator.

Interesting stuff with Boom Boom and in 3DW Pom Pom too...

Did they say you can search by MAKER?  It looked to me that it was just level styles.