Sign in to follow this  
Kezay

Devil May Cry HD coming to Switch...not the collection, just the original in HD

So as some know by now the original Devil May Cry is coming to Switch by way of Devil May Cry HD.  Pretty cool to see the series finally make the jump to a Nintendo platform after having been multiplatform for so long.  However, it's hard for me to be really excited for it because of a certain something:

image.png.0f441bebf34dbf9c54a8ab6eec7aef9e.png

There exists a collection that has Devil May Cry, DMC2 and DMC3 that has launched on PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and XB1. In the case of PS4 and XB1 there is a digital offering that also bundles in the special edition of DMC4.  But there's no mistake with what the Switch is getting and that's only the original Devil May Cry albeit the HD version.  I don't think any pricing has been stated yet but for comparison the HD collection launched on other platforms at $29.99.

It pretty much gives me flashbacks to how Mass Effect was handled on Wii U.  Mass Effect 3 launching at $60 for Wii U when other platforms were receiving the entire trilogy collection at the same price.