TPC and DeNa partnering to make new Pokemon mobile game

Curious what it is they plan to do.  I do play Pokemon GO quite a bit but much of that experience has been spurred on as a result of playing it with my girlfriend when we're out and about.  Otherwise it's rare that I go out of my way to play it on my own.  The only other mobile game I've ever really put time into is the Pokemon one with the figurines you battle with and that only lasted about a month before I lost interest in it.  There's not much to go on so I wonder what this one will be, but I don't think there would be any expectation for it to debut at E3.  I can't even remember if Nintendo really does much mobile discussion at that time anyway.

Fire Emblem makes a killing despite being a lesser-known franchise and Pokemon GO makes a huge killing despite there being few things to spend any money on. If they made a Gacha Pokemon game I'm sure it'd be insane profits. I'm done with gachas though. No way I'd start another one.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, avalonknight said:

Gotta a feeling it's this: a gacha-based Pokemon RPG. Pokeballs are premium currency.

That is what I'm expecting, I'd say Pokemon fits transitions to the gacha model even easier than Fire Emblem did. The game is already about collecting Pokemon so just making them the "heroes" in a hero collector seems like an easy fit. Based on Pokemon's popularity this could end up doing really well too as long as it's handled well. While I don't need more gachas to play (I only play 2 but still), I'd certainly give it a try. My biggest issue with Pokemon whenever I play it is I come up with all these team ideas and have all these cool Pokemon but then I beat the game and feel like there isn't much to do with post-game stuff. 

I guess that's all assuming it actually is something akin to a "Pokemon Lite" that uses the more standard RPG gameplay and team building. If it's some weird offshoot gameplay I probably won't be interested. Though I think Nintendo/TPC would be foolish not to go the route of a Pokemon Mobile/Lite though. It really just fits so well and if Fire Emblem did as good as it has there is no way Pokemon wouldn't do well. I know some people don't like Gachas, and I can't blame them, but it just makes too much sense to me. 

On paper this would be an obvious choice to be a gacha model: in concept Pokémon started as Capsule Monsters, after all. But from what I just researched, not sure that kind of game is really my thing. We will see what their actual game looks like before I make any judgment on playing it or not, though.