Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney coming to iOS/Android this winter

Chrom

7 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Interesting. Any word on if it's gonna be a one time payment game or one of those crappy free games with add one to pay for?

There's no information on how exactly the game is going to be distributed, but realistically I imagine it's going to be a port of the original game that follows the same format as the other Ace Attorney mobile ports, where the early game is entirely free to play but you can purchase the other episodes to unlock them.

Here's Capcom's official page: http://www.us.capcommobile.com/apollo-justice

Sample screenshots from the first case:

015.PNG?format=500w021.PNG?format=500w

It's worth noting that Apollo Justice will be the series' first release on Android; Trilogy HD and Dual Destinies are only on iOS as far as mobile platforms are concerned. Would be nice to see parity eventually, better yet see Apollo Justice on the 3DS eShop and all of the games on PC. Can't see why they shouldn't do any of this.

Bah, they just need to remaster it like they did AA1-AA3 and put it on the 3DS eShop. Thats the only game of the series I don't have yet (not including the Investigations games, The Great Ace Attorney, or Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton).

Edited by Lt. Surge
1 hour ago, Chrom said:

Here's Capcom's official page: http://www.us.capcommobile.com/apollo-justice

Sample screenshots from the first case:

015.PNG?format=500w021.PNG?format=500w

It's worth noting that Apollo Justice will be the series' first release on Android; Trilogy HD and Dual Destinies are only on iOS as far as mobile platforms are concerned. Would be nice to see parity eventually, better yet see Apollo Justice on the 3DS eShop and all of the games on PC. Can't see why they shouldn't do any of this.

Including the Great Ace Attorney games we don't get here to?

10 minutes ago, Namevah said:

Mobile gamers have been able to play the second Phoenix Wright for a good long while.

Farewell, My Turnabout is better than Apollo Justice as a whole, though.

Both games have an alright second case and a terrible third case, and while 4-1 makes a solid argument, I'd still say that ([2-1]+[2-4])>([4-1]+[4-4]).

Ohman, this is super great! Hopefully this means it'll be a 3DS eShop release at some point, too. It's always sucked that Apollo Justice's game has been the least accessible AA game for a while now, especially with how much of a focus he's been in DD and SoJ. I still have all of my old carts, but if it does end up on the 3DS, I'll probably grab it again like I did with the AA Trilogy.