Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

I've had the weirdest question on my mind right now. 

Does the play ever mention what the Capulets and Montagues are feuding over in Romeo and Juliet? A faction of oranges or revenge of for their ancestors? I know conflict is supposed to be a driving force in any story, and I know it's fiction, but I've always been curious why they hate each other. 

3 minutes ago, XLW said:

I've had the weirdest question on my mind right now. 

Does the play ever mention what the Capulets and Montagues are feuding over in Romeo and Juliet? A faction of oranges or revenge of for their ancestors? I know conflict is supposed to be a driving force in any story, and I know it's fiction, but I've always been curious why they hate each other. 

Not that I know of. Just the opening which states they hate each other.

Shakespeare never explains why the Capulets and Montagues hate each other and are constantly fighting.  

A reader can make a few educated guesses though.  The reader does know the feud has been going on for a very long time, and the reader knows that the feud is well known to the public. The reader also knows that both the Capulets and Montagues are wealthy and influential families in Verona.  Those facts lead me to suspect that the feud originated over some kind of economic dealings that went badly.  It makes sense that because both families are rich, they would each be upset over losing money or being out competed for more wealth.  It could be a political deal that went sour too. If both families are wealthy and influential, it makes sense that they are active in politics and city government as well.  Perhaps one family took advantage of a political ally in a way that hurt the other family. 

Edited by EH_STEVE

Bloody hell it’s gotten hot out the past couple days

how is it Summer weather already? I’d like it to be Spring weather for awhile longer please...

I bloody hate the hot weather... especially with my tendency of overheating if out for too long

Just finished Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and going through the credits. What a game.

T-Clap.gif

The game, more so than any other ace attorney game, had an ambitious arc plot where both the individual cases could stand out on their own but also contribute meaningfully towards the arc plot. Everything comes together so very well, and while I have some minor complaints (e.g. the game feels long), it's hard not appreciate just how well executed everything was. Bravo.

I forget, does the great ace attorney game have a fan translation? I want to go back and play T&T on the Switch since I didn't replay that one yet, but I might try GAA next. I heard that GAA was... kind of disappointing, but if it's decent I'll check it out probably.

6 minutes ago, Ares said:

Just finished Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and going through the credits. What a game.

T-Clap.gif

The game, more so than any other ace attorney game, had an ambitious arc plot where both the individual cases could stand out on their own but also contribute meaningfully towards the arc plot. Everything comes together so very well, and while I have some minor complaints (e.g. the game feels long), it's hard not appreciate just how well executed everything was. Bravo.

I forget, does the great ace attorney game have a fan translation? I want to go back and play T&T on the Switch since I didn't replay that one yet, but I might try GAA next. I heard that GAA was... kind of disappointing, but if it's decent I'll check it out probably.

You're in luck, actually! 

GAA2 is maybe a little bit better. Fills in some answers from the first game.