Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I love SMRPG

Dream Team was awful. I had to force myself to finish it. It's like 3/4 tutorial.

Me too. :) SMRPG is actually still one of my favourite games.

In terms of Mario RPGs, I prefer them in this order:

SMRPG - loved everything about it. Only issue is graphics have not aged well

TTYD - beautiful game with lots of charm. But I will never forgive them for the slog that was level 4 (back and forth from the church building was really annoying) so it will never be at the top for me

Superstar Saga - another great game, but the ending I felt was also a bit too tedious to get through

PM - Great concept and delivery for the most part but again with the tediousness of the final level. Also the boss of level 6 was cheap. Stupid cloud thing...

The rest - Honestly I don’t even think the others besides the top 4 are worth mentioning. Completely forgettable. But to each their own...

I think I only played PM64, ttyd, Pit, and Superstar Saga; also SPM if that counts. 

Paper Mario 64 was my favorite, although I can't place why. Maybe it was the joy of Yoshi Island. Or the surprisingly witty writing for a Mario game. Or the paper style on general. 

Definitely wasn't flower fields though. 

flower fields is great. it's such a comfy place
though that said i don't dislike a single area in Paper Mario unlike TTYD lmao

1 hour ago, Ares said:

What if I dislike chapter 6 only because of the boss? 

bro i beat him when i was like 10 cmon nothin in pm64 is that hard

38 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Chapter 3 is always best; chapter 4 is always worst.

Tubba Blubba's castle and the Glitz Pit were awesome.

Shy Guy's Toy Box and Twilight Town were fine thematically, but filled with too much pointless backtracking to be any fun.

Glitz Pit is fun on first playthrough, but a giant chore every subsequent one, so idk if I can get behind this one.

6 minutes ago, Pichi said:

bro i beat him when i was like 10 cmon nothin in pm64 is that hard

My 8yo self had trouble understanding "beat the little puffs so he can't heal" and "use flower point skills to do AoE damage." 

My 8yo self also had trouble understanding to invest in places that aren't just hp, like fp and badges y;

i did NOT like glitz pit....the aesthetic sucked, the battles sucked, end of story 

i also hated tubba blubba's chapter because stealth stresses me out and i'm a child who is afraid of him 

shy guy's toybox was great...i don't remember enough about twilight town to comment, really, but it had vivian so like, couldn't have been that bad

i've been playin the j version for more japanese practice. still a lot of fun flower;

Tkkha4E.jpg

also let's not forget about the best part of chapter 3

Edited by Pichi