Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

2 minutes ago, Pichi said:

oh i thought you were talkin bout regular ones or something since you already said you were enjoying saga

oh god no lmao those aren't what i meant

i am enjoying saga

i have also only picked it up 3 times since we bought it despite literally having nothing else better to be doing all day l m a o 

19 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I like how the developers basically admitted they skipped over remaking Partners in Time because it wasn't as good of a game as Bowser's Inside Story.

... Which is dumb. Isn’t the duty of a remake... to make it better? I would like to see an improved PiT. Their logic is stupid. 

Edited by XLW
Spoiler

Super Mario RPG is a boring game outside of charming characters and music.

Paper Mario 64 is a masterpiece and the best Mario RPG.

Superstar Saga is the second best Mario RPG. It's a very short and fun RPG that doesn't waste your time. The remake is also good, didn't have any issues with the animations that people seem to nitpick over.

The Thousand-Year Door is a game I need to finish some day.

Partners in Time is... not great, but not horrible. Better than the 3DS games.

Super Paper Mario is pretty good from what I remember. It's no RPG, but it's not a bad puzzle platformer either. And the dialogue and story were great. Didn't finish this one, either.

Bowser's Inside Story is great. Probably the 3rd or 4th best Mario RPG depending on TTYD.

Sticker Star is not good. Which is a shame, because the graphics and dialogue look great. If you don't gain anything from turn-based battles, why not just make it a platformer?

Didn't play Dream Team, didn't seem like it was received well.

Paper Jam is absolutely awful. It's borderline offensive how the game handles itself and respects your time. "We need an item to progress. Go find 30 toads." I thought this just for the tutorial, but no, this is how the game handles all of its problems.

9 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:
  Hide contents

Super Mario RPG is a boring game outside of charming characters and music.

Paper Mario 64 is a masterpiece and the best Mario RPG.

Superstar Saga is the second best Mario RPG. It's a very short and fun RPG that doesn't waste your time. The remake is also good, didn't have any issues with the animations that people seem to nitpick over.

The Thousand-Year Door is a game I need to finish some day.

Partners in Time is... not great, but not horrible. Better than the 3DS games.

Super Paper Mario is pretty good from what I remember. It's no RPG, but it's not a bad puzzle platformer either. And the dialogue and story were great. Didn't finish this one, either.

Bowser's Inside Story is great. Probably the 3rd or 4th best Mario RPG depending on TTYD.

Sticker Star is not good. Which is a shame, because the graphics and dialogue look great. If you don't gain anything from turn-based battles, why not just make it a platformer?

Didn't play Dream Team, didn't seem like it was received well.

Paper Jam is absolutely awful. It's borderline offensive how the game handles itself and respects your time. "We need an item to progress. Go find 30 toads." I thought this just for the tutorial, but no, this is how the game handles all of its problems.

I love SMRPG

Dream Team was awful. I had to force myself to finish it. It's like 3/4 tutorial.

looked at BiS again real quick to remember why my reaction was so strong back then.
aside from the floatiness and super stiff animations (seriously wtf is wrong with mario's walk cycle), it was the god damn navi character
[Luigi is stuck immediately above Mario]
GEE IDK WHAT WE COULD DO MARIO. [mario responds in fake italian for the fifth time already killing the joke]
M-MAYBE TRY JUMPING!
thank you game i couldn't figure that out at all.

I just clicked on a random section on the TAS and immediately saw not-navi taking like ten lines to explain a mini-game lmao
everything about the whole series since Partners in Time feels like they sacked the original team or something and can't quite get the same quality.
...even their voices sound wrong, like when Mario says Luigi's name at the start of the game it just sounds like some random dude lmao. did they not use Martinet?

Edited by Pichi