Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

16 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

JonTron: *is racist*

Etika: *has mental breakdown, gets sent to the funny farm*

ProJared: *cheats on wife, has nudes leaked*

Let's give a round of applause to the Angry Video Game Nerd, whose biggest controversy was that he didn't want to see a movie because he thought it looked bad!

Who?!

22 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

All of them

Well, I'll leave JonTron, Etika and ProJared to others, but on the Angry Video Game Nerd: he's the angriest gamer you've ever heard. He's going to take you back to the past, to play all the shitty games that suck ass.

In all seriousness, The Angry Video Game Nerd is perhaps the OG "Angry Gamer" character seen over and over again online, to the point the original AVGN videos predate Youtube. Portrayed by James Rolfe, the nerd is your stereotypical looking nerd character: he wears glasses, a white button down shirt with a pocket protector and khakis. Filming videos in his basement, the nerd delivers profanity-riddled rants about retro video games. There was a film based on the series, as well as a pair of AVGN video games (both of which are coming to Switch in Angry Video Game Nerd I & II Deluxe). 

Basically, he's an angry gamer, but he's the guy who did it first. 

JonTron is one of the co-founders of Game Grumps who eventually left to work on his own show. A few years ago, he made a guest appearance on some other guy's podcast where he said some things about a certain ethnic group that some people didn't agree with. This resulted in a lot of backlash that led him to take an entire year off from YouTube uploads.

ProJared is some guy who reviews old games. Yesterday he got caught cheating on his wife, and word came out that he solicited nudes from underage fans. His subscriber count is currently dropping by the second.

Etika is a Twitch streamer known for his over-the-top reactions to announcement trailers. A few weeks ago, he had a mental breakdown (nobody knows why) and was admitted to a mental hospital.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

A few years ago, he made a guest appearance on some other guy's podcast where he said some things about a certain ethnic group that some people didn't agree with. 

This is incredibly disingenuous and trivializes what he actually said. He was spouting white nationalist bullshit, not just saying “some things”

If you think calling out a racist white nationalist piece of shit is going to “stir up shit” you’re more of a sheltered bitch-ass than I thought. 

Edited by ace
4 minutes ago, Ares said:

hello there. been a long time since you've last shown up, I feel. How it's going?

ps i'm zora

I'm pretty swell, I reduced my online social stuff to basically just twitter and discord but I've been incorporating some stuff back in.

How is you is?

1 minute ago, K said:

I'm pretty swell, I reduced my online social stuff to basically just twitter and discord but I've been incorporating some stuff back in.

How is you is?

Fine, I guess. Nothing to complain about. other than my thesis but we don't talk about that

Mostly been playing games throughout the day and, eh, not much else to say I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯