Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

1 minute ago, Pichi said:

@Kirbymeister2 oh, so they were just helping you out? i see. what did you need google translate for then?

You see I don't know a whole of Japenese as I'm still studying. I sometimes get in the trap of using google translate to translate english to japanese (as you saw that time). I don't do it a lot as I used to but sometimes I double check with tutors if that happens.

Just now, Kirbymeister2 said:

You see I don't know a whole of Japenese as I'm still studying. I sometimes get in the trap of using google translate to translate english to japanese (as you saw that time). I don't do it a lot as I used to but sometimes I double check with tutors if that happens.

oh so while writing it. i see.
if you ever want a somewhat better resource for this, i recommend a japanese eng->jpn dictionary like https://eow.alc.co.jp/
because it's aimed towards native japanese speakers, you can be certain it'll give you words and phrasal structures that are actually used.

I'll keep that in mind thank you. 

---

I used to work with this nice elderly Japanese woman at this one flower shop. We still keep in touch and she's been so surprised on how much I've learned after almost the one year I started working there and started to learn a bit more Japanese with her hamham;.  I resigned last November to focus on studying for finals but we still talk to each other. It will be one week from now since I first worked there that year ago, and I will be going there to say hi to her before finals. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2
On 5/4/2019 at 3:53 AM, Young P said:

It's hilariously, transparently obvious that nobody involved in the Sonic movie understands why anybody likes Sonic. From the character looking like a child wearing a custom fursuit, to the absence of anything Sonic-like or Sonic-related in the trailer. The movie they're selling consists of a) the James Marsden movie Hop, and b) a lesser 90s Jim Carrey vehicle, combined into one generic turd. The desperate backpedaling on Sonic's design just goes to show that they have no ideas or vision, all they have is an IP, and clearly not one that they know what to do with.

He threw a gold ring in that one scene!

...and it acted like a portal....

6 hours ago, XLW said:

I'm having quite a conundrum with my new3DS. While it plays 3DS games quite fine, often when it runs DS games, the games crashes and freezes oddly. The New3DS never had this problem till this year. Any advice? 

Found a similar issue to yours here:   https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/70192/~/ds-games-not-working-on-new-3ds-xl/comment/18111

Sounds like you might have to send yours in for repair.

That said, have you checked the games pins to see if they have any dust (or corrosion) on them, meaning the connections? I did on my end for a game I had, and once I got it off, the game worked the way it should (a DS game I got used). Also double check your 3ds's port for the same thing.

If there's any dust on it, using a qtip will get it off fine. If there's any corrosion, a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on a qtip should do the trick. Wipe it off after use and leave it be for around 5 mins or so and try to use it again.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Found a similar issue to yours here:   https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/70192/~/ds-games-not-working-on-new-3ds-xl/comment/18111

Sounds like you might have to send yours in for repair.

That said, have you checked the games pins to see if they have any dust (or corrosion) on them, meaning the connections? I did on my end for a game I had, and once I got it off, the game worked the way it should (a DS game I got used). Also double check your 3ds's port for the same thing.

If there's any dust on it, using a qtip will get it off fine. If there's any corrosion, a bit of Isopropyl alcohol on a qtip should do the trick. Wipe it off after use and leave it be for around 5 mins or so and try to use it again.

Not sure about dust or corrosion, but I think I'll get my New3DS repaired, and I might send the games with it as well. I'll wait this weekend when my pay comes around. 

1 hour ago, XLW said:

Not sure about dust or corrosion, but I think I'll get my New3DS repaired, and I might send the games with it as well. I'll wait this weekend when my pay comes around. 

Ah. Hope it works out ok!

Ah...

looks like my Joy-Con controller Stick is drifting 

Not fully sure if it’s one or both sticks, though...

Looks like i might have to get those repaired or get new ones or a Pro Controller?

Not really sure what the best option for me is currently, though...

2 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Ah...

looks like my Joy-Con controller Stick is drifting 

Not fully sure if it’s one or both sticks, though...

Looks like i might have to get those repaired or get new ones or a Pro Controller?

Not really sure what the best option for me is currently, though...

Have you tried cleaning under it to see if dust might be causing the drifting? I've read about some people who've had the drifting lessen by doing that.

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Have you tried cleaning under it to see if dust might be causing the drifting? I've read about some people who've had the drifting lessen by doing that.

Ive seen that solution mentioned when ive been poking around, but I don’t have the tools on hand to do such right now