Ryme City - N4A Chat Thread - May 2019

• Chrom pinned this topic

It's pretty incredible that the two movies are releasing so close to one another and yet Sonic manages to get the realistic creature look so, so wrong. Some of the Pokémon have a somewhat creepy unreal quality to them but Sonic is just on a whole other level.

imo all the pokemon look terrible in the detective pikachu movie, like, no exception

but sonic looks especially, horrendously, unequivocally bad 

at least the pokemon look like the pokemon they're supposed to be, even though they look terrible.....sonic looks....like an abomination 

So either there’s an issue with my 3DS charging cord or the 3DS charging port is loose... or it’s the battery 

not really sure which, honestly- it’s a pretty old hanheld (especially since it’s the first model that that came out...  in 2011, i think? Been quite awhile since then)

Wonder if there’s a way to tighten that up...?

21 hours ago, wildflower said:

imo all the pokemon look terrible in the detective pikachu movie, like, no exception

but sonic looks especially, horrendously, unequivocally bad 

at least the pokemon look like the pokemon they're supposed to be, even though they look terrible.....sonic looks....like an abomination 

i feel like there's no good way to make "realistic pokemon" without them being uncanny valley abominations
although no excuse for the mr mime that shit had to be intentional nightmare fuel

I think if I was going to torture someone I'd tie them to a chair, stuff a sock in their mouth and force them to watch the sonic movie back to back 7 times. 

Edited by Shulk
4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I love the realistic looks :(

i mean, ur entitled to ur own tastes and whatever theydonothing; 

but if pokemon were real, they wouldn't look like they do in the DP movie 

they were created with a specific art style in mind, hence the cartoony nature, and turning that into 3d doesnt look good and cannot look good no matter how many textures they put on pikachu's fur 

they can't change the design, since pokemon designs are implicitly important in recognizability

or they could, and risk the sonic factor

its a lose/lose once you start bringing shit into 3d that shouldn't be 

tho i guess i'd rather have nintendo/TPC at the helm rather than the sonic team/sega y; 

i'll never forgive the dumbass edgy 2011-esque charizard tho 

Just now, Ares said:

It took me longer than I care to admit to realize you were, not, in fact, talking about a diamond/pearl movie y;

lol, sorry y; i got lazy and didn't wanna type of detective pikachu again, it just doesnt roll off the proverbial tongue