Persona 5 coming to Switch! ...Well, sort of....

Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers has been announced for Nintendo Switch and PS4...

Basically, this is P5 Warriors.

C'mon Atlus! You know how much everyone wants P5 on Switch, especially with all the hype of Joker in Smash. You can't just give Switch owners this and call it a day.

Could we maybe see P5 on Switch in the not too distance future? I mean maybe they didn't want port P5 to Switch with P5R coming out this year in n JPN for PS4. Given how popular the Switch is in JPN, maybe they didn't want a Switch version stealing P5R's thunder and didn't want to give Switch owners P5 while PS4 owners get P5R? IDK, E3 is coming up soon...Could they have held off a P5 Switch announcement for that, possibly as a part of Nintendo's E3 Direct? If Atlus does indeed have plans for P5 on Switch, they'd probably just give us this for now and once P5R is out worldwide they'll start working on porting P5 or maybe even P5R to Switch. While were waiting, they could consider porting P4 and or P3 to Switch, because it's clear that Switch owners want Persona on the system.

Edited by alienboyva

WHHHHHHHY? 

... I'll buy the game. Persona 5 and Hyrule Warriors Legends are in my top ten already. Plus, unlike the other Warrior games, you'd only have to know only one game's worth of content to work with. And I like all of the main good guys, and trying to figure out who I'll use might be one of the hardest decisions ever. No Caedas and Navarres there.  I hope they don't pull a Cia, Volvagia, Wizzro-guy, and whomever else. ... Persona 5 has a good track record of baddies to begin with. 

Which makes me wonder if they'll handle the other games, like DLC characters. ... I never got Persona 4 Golden or 3, but I do like the DLC clothes and personas from Persona 5. Plus, rebellion has been a theme of P5, so... why not break the rules of what Persona 5 can be? 

I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt because I believe it can work. 

8 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

I guess it might've been weird to release P5R on PS4 but just the base game on Switch, but damn, this feels like a big misstep.

Yea I feel similarly. Atlus (at least from what it seems so far) wants people to get other systems for their games, spend more money. Thing is, they could earn more money porting the games onto the Switch in some way too, in order to get the audience that either doesn't want another system (either due to it costing too much money or there's just not enough games on them to get them interested).

Okay, I never played a warrior game in life until it fused with my fave franchise of all time Zelda. So I had to give it a go, I find out the warrior games are not bad but in the case for this for Persona 5 x Warrior. I'm sorry I have to pass. I don't want my introduction to Persona (outside of Smash) to be a warrior game, no offence. I usually don't like to put expectations like this but like most I was expecting P5 on Switch.

One day maybe, one day.

Maybe the Switch can’t handle P5, to be honest; just putting it out there. To my understanding, these major ports have been difficult to pull off, and not without some sacrifices. Kudos to those who are bothering, but honestly I can’t say I’d blame them if they are concerned a Switch port wouldn’t live up to the expectations and would just cause a backlash due to choppiness, not as good definition or whatever. :(

38 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Maybe the Switch can’t handle P5, to be honest; just putting it out there. To my understanding, these major ports have been difficult to pull off, and not without some sacrifices. Kudos to those who are bothering, but honestly I can’t say I’d blame them if they are concerned a Switch port wouldn’t live up to the expectations and would just cause a backlash due to choppiness, not as good definition or whatever. :(

It did come out for the PS3 so that shouldn't be a problem unless it was a technical marvel to get it on there.

I could see them porting Persona 5 over, it's just a matter of when.

3 hours ago, The Krazy One said:

It did come out for the PS3 so that shouldn't be a problem unless it was a technical marvel to get it on there.

I could see them porting Persona 5 over, it's just a matter of when.

Matter of when, huh?

Yes, we gotten Persona game on Nintendo system but they never been mainline ones just some sort of spin-offs for the 3DS. I believe there's 3 in total on the 3DS now.

So I don't see the precedent for that easy port or not. Regardless, I believe there's hope a real honest to goodness Persona game will grace the Switch....eventually.

Keep in mind, NONE of the mainline Persona games left a Sony console. Even the XBox 360 only got Catherine Classic and Persona 4 Arena (and the Ultramax upgrade). PC recently got Catherine Classic. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is another story.

I'm actually looking forward to this, and hope I can see the cast from P3 and P4 again in this, especially the P4 cast. But there is that weird feeling that Persona 5 might never get a portable release for its mainline installment like P3P and P4G. Just hope that P5R is a timed console exclusive.

Edited by avalonknight
29 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

Keep in mind, NONE of the mainline Persona games left a Sony console. Even the XBox 360 only got Catherine Classic and Persona 4 Arena (and the Ultramax upgrade). PC recently got Catherine Classic. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is another story.

I'm actually looking forward to this, and hope I can see the cast from P3 and P4 again in this, especially the P4 cast. But there is that weird feeling that Persona 5 might never get a portable release for its mainline installment like P3P and P4G. Just hope that P5R is a timed console exclusive.

Timed exclusive, huh?

That could be a thing, I forgot there was arena fighter for Xbox 360 but yeah no main Persona game came out on Nintendo system. Do we have to wait like 10 years from now where we now live in world where you can play Final Fantasy X/X-2 and XII on Switch and Xbox. Like why is that it takes the east to adopt faster with just releasing these games on every platform. I just don't get it.

Edited by DLurkster
12 hours ago, XLW said:

WWE 2k17. ‘Nough said.

Not really, that was just a bad port not any kind of messaging of Switch's capacity to handle that type of game.  It doesn't help that the series has a history of being a near annual QA pit on the platforms it was initially designed for.  That they even got away with releasing that game on Switch in the state it was in with no intentions on improving performance speaks volumes to how that was handled.  I'm surprised there wasn't much of an uproar over them essentially selling a broken game, but then again I don't think it sold very well either.

If Persona were to come to a Nintendo platform I'd definitely give it a shot.  Years back I watched a playthrough of Persona 4 and liked what I saw so it would be pretty cool I think.  I have nothing against what they're doing here but while I would be interested if Persona 5 came over I'm not at all interested in a Persona 5 musou.