X-MEN: Apocalypse - Honest Trailer

DLurkster

18 minutes ago, Namevah said:

Until Fox decides to take control of Deadpool and drive it into the ground.

I don't know, if they learn anything from last years Fantastic Four reboot, they'll continue the path they have set for Deadpool.

They'd be really stupid to change it now, I mean really really stupid. Though you make a point, these companies always challenge what's really stupid. I just hope they don't switch gears with Deadpool. It took them this long to get Deadpool movie why fix something that doesn't need fixing and made them a lot of money.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 8 months later...

I'm conflicted... Apocalypse is one of my all-time favorite villains (particularly my favorite from comic books), so I might've been a bit biased for the movie. The first half or so was one of my favorites out of any of the X-films, but the 2nd half or so was some of the worst. Oscar Isaac's a good actor, so he performed well as Apocalypse, but his powers and abilities were mostly taken from Marvel's Ultimate universe, rather than the mainstream continuity. The costume for him could've been better, but the makeup was decent enough, if you ask me.

Overall, it suffered the 3rd movie curse of the 2nd X-Men trilogy, but still wasn't a X3 The Last Stand kind of bad. I still have less confidence again going forward though, particularly with what I've seen of them going back to Dark Phoenix already...

X-Men has been in a tough spot because of Fox for a very long time, but they've still been way better off than Fantastic Four, and let's be honest, Apocalypse himself was still much better than Fox's attempts on Dr Doom. Logan was a great comeback too for a sendoff Wolverine film, but it'll be awhile till they strike gold again like that if you ask me. lol

"Congratulations, you played yourself." - pretty much sums up the movie, lol. I thought it was horrible coming off the trails of the previous 2 movies, nearly if not as bad as The Last Stand. While yeah, the timeline was still pretty screwy, some of the characters powers were suspect, etc in First Class and Days of Future Past, at least they had decent stories. In this one, well, the Honest Trailer pretty well sums it up - story just wasn't there, Apocalypse's powers were ridiculous and he shouldn't have been beatable even by once again self-Phoenix'ed out Jean Grey. And honestly idk why they would go that route again after what a horrible story it made for in The Last Stand. Ugh idk, getting kinda sick of X-Men movies and hope Deadpool can hold up, at least for awhile.

Haven't seen the ending.

I recorded it before work, but Dr. Phil interrupted the last 30 minutes. 

From the sounds of it, I didn't miss much.

Also.

Sophie Turner was a pretty awful Jean Grey, and that other guy who played Cyclops was bad too. 

The thing with Wolvy and Jean was creepy. 

The only good part of the movie was Quick Silver saving them during the mansion scene.