Must be old news, but this place seems to be dying a slow death.

Sol Badguy

I can understand that, and I've been enjoying my own life with gaming, writing and YouTube (and recent panic attacks also complicated things).  Naturally, with autism, I don't work, but then again, with how much I make from disability, I don't need to.  Anyway, I guess this was all bound to happen.

Oh and reading your sig, sorry about your uncle and cat.

10 minutes ago, Sol Badguy said:

I can understand that, and I've been enjoying my own life with gaming, writing and YouTube (and recent panic attacks also complicated things).  Naturally, with autism, I don't work, but then again, with how much I make from disability, I don't need to.  Anyway, I guess this was all bound to happen.

Oh and reading your sig, sorry about your uncle and cat.

Yea but at least it's still around to a point. That's better than nothing.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Sol Badguy said:

True, and maybe Kezay still comes to visit now and then.  I mostly spend time on Discord these days.

I still pop in. ;)

Not as active as I used to be but I don't plan on calling it quits on this place anytime soon.  I'm certainly there for the Mario Kart tournies on Thursday ready to roll as well!

45 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I still pop in. ;)

Not as active as I used to be but I don't plan on calling it quits on this place anytime soon.  I'm certainly there for the Mario Kart tournies on Thursday ready to roll as well!

Yeah, I need to talk to you more often.  I might need to get your Discord tag again, because I'm more active there.

I still lurk daily, but just don't feel the impulse to chime in much anymore. Social networking just doesn't do it for me lately, which I'm choosing to see as a reflection of positive changes in my personal/social life. Most of the community, I'm guessing, moved on to other platforms. idk if it's even possible for a traditional internet forum to survive these days.

it hasn't been much more active than this since i've been here, and that's nearly two years at this point. i missed all the drama or whatever that supposedly went down when this place was first made. but a small community keeping it comfy is fine. that's all you could ask from forums nowadays anyway.
all you gotta do to keep it goin is pop in the threads more often.

Edited by Pichi
On 4/24/2019 at 1:33 AM, Young P said:

Social networking just doesn't do it for me lately, which I'm choosing to see as a reflection of positive changes in my personal/social life.

Something we all need after all of the toxicity in some of these places.  Kind of the reason I've mostly taken to having personal conversations with fewer people over something like Discord, because I think that helps me connect better with people than some forum does.

social media is a deadweight on everybody's mental health. i muted all of fb and most of my twitter and i feel like it made a huge difference in my recovery in that regard over the last couple of years.
i'm pretty grateful for places like this in comparison, because it's nice to have an avenue for light discussion without all the garbage.

Edited by Pichi
9 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Since I happened to come across this, curious at least to see how it develops, though even as a frequent Discord user nowadays, small or slowly active message boards like this will always have a place for me. :v

hard to imagine how it'll be any different from every single other nintendo discord lol

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a regular here. I started to frequent these boards less and less because I started to feel unwelcome. There was a number of users who were getting kicks out of putting me down. It's one thing when people critique your work and let you know how you can improve and encourage you to keep moving forward, it's another when they basically tell you you're a hopeless case and should just give up. Even though those users have up and gone, I always have an apprehension of ever adding anything new to my gallery thread.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, DNLINK said:

I used to be a regular here. I started to frequent these boards less and less because I started to feel unwelcome. There was a number of users who were getting kicks out of putting me down. It's one thing when people critique your work and let you know how you can improve and encourage you to keep moving forward, it's another when they basically tell you you're a hopeless case and should just give up. Even though those users have up and gone, I always have an apprehension of ever adding anything new to my gallery thread.

Join the club.  And a lot of those kind of guys think they're smarter than you.  But I have a perfect meme for such people:

10153086_471373742989894_76644409_n.thumb.jpg.09e4bc5726098af3eeab7c5d51ec617e.jpg