Disney+ streaming service coming to Switch

Disney's recently revealed streaming service will be coming to Switch...

It's nice to see another streaming service besides Hulu and Youtube coming to Switch. Yo, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Crunchyroll where you guys at?!

Hulu and especially Netflix better watch out, Disney+ looks so have some damn good stuff. Disney Classics/Moderns (TV & Movie), Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel...Hell, they even got Nat. Geo. now!

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Disney+ streaming service coming to Switch

It will be cool to see new kind of streaming service come trendy system like Switch.

What a better fit then Disney+Nintendo, see what I did there?

Right now this seems to be in the maybe camp, I don't expect much if doesn't happen but if it does this will be awesome.

I'm sure the competition will get the likes of Netflix and Crunchyroll to act sooner than later now far as putting apps out for the Switch. Might try out Disney + sometime just on the price alone, though will also be interesting to see how Netflix holds up and tries to compensate its losses and maintain subscribers, as I don't think it'll go down without a fight. Begun the streaming war has.

Streaming wars?

Yeah Disney is quite the big conglomerate and Netflix spends more money than they make but Netflix will be fine. I don't think we are going to see the consoles of gen 6. I know that's horrible example with comparisons but I brought it rivalry sake really. Though this is different then videos games, it's a different time and I think this can only do good for streaming services in the long run. 

Good question.

To my knowledge that DC Universe is still not available in Canada since it's debut late last year.

I'm not losing sleep over it because their show eventual comes to Netflix but it would be nice to have streaming service exclusive certain entertainment, tho. Oh well.

Netflix revolutionized how people watch TV in the modern age, and as a happy user of it for years, I hope its success doesn’t dwindle too badly because of Disney + and the like. Hopefully you’re right though that it’ll be fine. Is clear it won’t be the juggernaut it once was, but competition will surely try and get them to do better, like maybe lower the monthly price back down a bit at a certain point. They could get away with it before but when Disney + boasts a monthly price that’s nearly half of what theirs now, they better watch out. Of course, can see Disney eventually increasing the price once they’ve reeled enough people in and the service has been successful long enough.

Yeah, hopefully this competition will be healthy. 

I would like the price for Netflix monthly subscription go down. Up here in Canada back at the end for February they raise the price from $13.99 to $16.99. I see in press release they raised the price to support special features. I have yet to see what those are but here I am.

So this popped up in my Twitter feed....

WHAT?!!! Disney owns The Simpsons now?!  Man...I know a lot of people are going to be pissed seeing The Simpsons get ripped from Netflix and Hulu. Hopefully Fox's other animated shows don't follow suit.

What all did Disney get with that recent  20th Century Fox buyout? I know, they wanted Marvel IPs that Fox still owned like X-Men, but does this mean they own all of Fox's animated shows now? Fox owns Hulu, right? Does that mean Disney owns it as well?

Edited by alienboyva

The amount of pies Disney has their fingers in is insane: History, A&E, Lifetime, ESPN, Touchstone, ABC, 20th Century Fox...

Netflix has been bleeding titles for ages. The only reason I have a subscription is that it's free with my phone plan. I hope Disney lights a fire under some of their competition. I also hope Cast Members get a free or discounted  subscription ;)

30 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

The amount of pies Disney has their fingers in is insane: History, A&E, Lifetime, ESPN, Touchstone, ABC, 20th Century Fox...

Netflix has been bleeding titles for ages. The only reason I have a subscription is that it's free with my phone plan. I hope Disney lights a fire under some of their competition. I also hope Cast Members get a free or discounted  subscription ;)

Yeah, Netflix better better watch out! Looking at Disney's Twitter, they got a lot of good stuff coming to the service. If they start making Fox's TV shows (not sure what all they own), ABC's TV shows, etc. exclusive to D+....OH, BOY!

DIS MOUSE IS OUTTA CONTROL! 😱

Edited by alienboyva
  • Chrom featured this topic