Nintendo Download: X and X-2 Mark the Spot

Switch_FINALFANTASYXX2HDRemaster_screen_

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster – FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings the timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike. Fully immerse yourself in the World of Spira as you enjoy more than 100 combined hours of gameplay across the two classic titles. The FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster game is available April 16.
    • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – From the makers of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the Westand DmC: Devil May Cry comes a warrior’s brutal journey into myth and madness. Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover. Created in collaboration with neuroscientists and people who experience psychosis, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will pull you deep into Senua’s mind.
    • My Time at Portia – Start a new life in the enchanting town of Portia. Restore your Pa’s neglected workshop to its former glory by fulfilling commissions, growing crops, raising animals and befriending the quirky inhabitants of this charming post-apocalyptic land. The My Time at Portia game is available April 16.
    • Reigns: Game of Thrones – Reigns: Game of Thrones is the heir to the award-winning HBO®TV series Game of Thrones® and the smash-hit swipe ’em up series Reigns from Nerial and Devolver Digital. Employ ruthless tactics to outwit political rivals and wield impervious charm on your fickle bannerman. Maintain the balance and favor of the people to extend your reign and maybe, one day, survive the horrors of the coming winter.
    • Mortal Kombat 11 – Pre-Purchase – The latest installment in the Mortal Kombat franchise. Featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat's cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making. Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience.

Activities:

• Tetris® 99 2nd MAXIMUS CUP – From April 12 at 6 a.m. PT through April 14 at 11:59 p.m. PT, earn event points by playing matches during the event. Placing higher in a match will award you more points, and every 100 points will count as one TETRIS MAXIMUS. After the event, the top 999 players with the most event points will be notified, and will each receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Points.*

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are ages 13+ and Mexico who are 18+ and have access to a Nintendo Switch system, Tetris® 99 game, Internet access and a Nintendo Switch Online membership. Contest begins 6:00 AM PT on 4/12/19 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on 4/14/19. To participate, you must play the Tetris® 99 game during the Contest Period. There will be 999 winners, selected based on who accumulates the most event points during the Contest Period. Each winner will receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Points (ARV per prize $10 US). Skill of participating players determines the winners. See Official Rules for details and restrictions. Tetris99.nintendo.com/rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

FFX is probably one of my favorite FF games in the post-SNES era. If I hadn't played it relatively recently on the PS3 I would be interested in having it on Switch.

I definitely want to find some time to play Hellblade though.

Also I'll have a Trüberbrook review next week so look out for that!

I already DL'd Hellblade. (I thought there was a physical version) The game is 18GB so I can see why there isn't a physical for this.

@Eliwood8: I heard this game can be finished in 7hrs or so.

3 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

I'm not going to lie, when I saw "X and X-2 Mark the Spot," I thought Mega Man. 

First thing I thought of was the first 2 X-Men movies, lol.

Edited by DLurkster
5 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Honestly, in my opinion FFX was not as great as people often laud it as being. In reality it was very much the first “Final Hallway”. I’ve never really been a fan of RPGs doing that kind of progression, always preferred the more open concept. 

I'm not the biggest fan of FFX either. The linearity is fine, mostly; the combat quickly becomes rock/paper/scissors. Flying enemy? use Wakka. Big defensive jagguarnaut? Use auron for piercing. Speedy gonzalez? Tidus is a go-go-go. A flan? Lulu magic time. Machina? Riku will steal it to bits. The big bosses are technically supposed to be countered with Yune and her aeons but dear yevon that's boring. I still don't know why khimari exists, other than to be essentially a wild card for when anyone else is gone. I had to push myself to finally beat the game and... I'm not sure if I did.

I also like FF12 a lot and I know a lot of people think the game is toss, so *shrugs*

20 hours ago, Ares said:

I'm not the biggest fan of FFX either. The linearity is fine, mostly; the combat quickly becomes rock/paper/scissors. Flying enemy? use Wakka. Big defensive jagguarnaut? Use auron for piercing. Speedy gonzalez? Tidus is a go-go-go. A flan? Lulu magic time. Machina? Riku will steal it to bits. The big bosses are technically supposed to be countered with Yune and her aeons but dear yevon that's boring. I still don't know why khimari exists, other than to be essentially a wild card for when anyone else is gone. I had to push myself to finally beat the game and... I'm not sure if I did.

I also like FF12 a lot and I know a lot of people think the game is toss, so *shrugs*

Yeah, there are several issues I have with the game. Linearity was just the major thing about it I feel most people forget, especially considering how much hate FFXIII has gotten for that reason.

I am intrigued by FFXII. I hear Zodiac Age really fixed a lot of the issues with it, so I am willing to at least give it a look, maybe even a try. :P

I started to play FFX when it came out but I got bored of it, don't really know why and I just didn't pick up any FF titles until XV which I like ok enough but haven't pushed myself to beat it. I did recently have a copy of FFXII which I started to play and it ended up disappearing from the house(what I suspect I can't prove but is most likely). I will try it again if I can get it from Gamefly.