Super Mario Odyssey & The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to get Labo VR support!

This is pretty cool, but how will this work without a head strap? So, you basically have to play in handheld mode with the Switch shoved into your face? UO8Z5lV.png?1

I feel like they should have a first person mode for the VR support in BotW. Anyway, it might be worth looking into getting Labo VR at some point.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Odyssey & The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to get Labo VR support!

Obligatory GX discussion video...

They do bring up a good question... Could Nintendo be using these Labo VR goggles to gauge how much interest there is in VR on Switch and possibly release an actual VR headset to pop your Switch into? As they also mention, if more and more titles get VR support, these Labo VR goggles aren't going to hold up to constant use, especially if they get sweaty. I'd be down for an actual head set (like the ones you put your phone into), if more games like MK8DX get VR support and we get some smaller made for VR games on the eShop. I'm not too keen on playing a game like BotW (or Mario Kart even, if it gets VR support) in VR with the Switch shoved into my face, like Mario in the thumbnail above. Maybe, it's better than it seems?

You know, I'd absolutely LOVE to play Metroid Prime Trilogy/MP4 in VR. If they ever released a headset like mentioned above, It'd get it in a heartbeat if the MP games supported it. Though seriously, will these games actually get Labo VR support? If so, I might just cave-in and get the Labo VR starter kit, because ever since this video (see spoiler), I've wanted play Metroid Prime like this...

Spoiler

*Of course actually walking (physically) wouldn't work with a VR headset you just pop your Switch into

Edited by alienboyva
11 hours ago, alienboyva said:

This is pretty cool, but how will this work without a head strap? So, you basically have to play in handheld mode with the Switch shoved into your face? UO8Z5lV.png?1

I feel like they should have a first person mode for the VR support in BotW. Anyway, it might be worth looking into getting Labo VR at some point.

Just watched this, WHY isn't BotW in first-person? What does this VR bring to the table then?

I agree with everyone else on the first-person thing. Instead it just puts some motion controls on the camera? When we hear "BOTW with VR" we're immediately thinking of seeing that vast world through Link's eyes, but instead...

I don't get this new VR craze. Isn't this basically just shoving your phone/tablet directly into your face?

I can see it as Nintendo testing the waters a bit with something tangible rather than talk of testing VR and waiting until it makes sense for their business.  It's a growing segment of the marketing as far as gaming consoles are concerned and maybe it's about time to take a more serious stab at it.

• Chrom featured this topic

Even though I think the LABO VR looks ridiculous, I probably would've been tempted to purchase it had a first person BOTW been connected to the device and then drop it after a while until they release an actual headset. Not really sure about Odyssey as I think controlling from a fixed angle within a kingdom could be awkward, but the new missions look like they would feel better. Odyssey updates and LABO seem like Nintendo's responses to a corrupt a wish topic.

• 3 weeks later...