Koholint Island - N4A Chat Thread - April 2019

EH_STEVE

S I decided to play through the Ace Attorney remaster trilogy because I needed some good comfort food gaming.

And some of the things in this game have aged... weirdly. Mostly with respect to phones; like the first case has someone have to go find a pay phone to call the police. You mean Frank Sahwit didn't have a cell phone? Or the fact that Frank's profession is a newspaper salesman and no one blinks an eye. Are newspaper salesman even a thing anymore? It's fine, I get they're remasters of 18 year old games; if anything, it's just an interesting snapshot to the past.

The remeaster also seems solid so for. Like, if you played through the games already there's nothing new here, but the art style looks surprisingly crisp for what was once GBA graphics and the title theme was really good. If you haven't played through Ace Attorney trilogy (which you should), it's probably the definite experience.

33 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Hey man people in 2019 still use those non smart and non flip cellphones (I think Phoenixs is a non flip one). 

i mean, it's the fact he didn't have a cell phone period that's weird; like, even as a salasman, surely his work can provide even a basic one?

1 hour ago, Ares said:

i mean, it's the fact he didn't have a cell phone period that's weird; like, even as a salasman, surely his work can provide even a basic one?

ah yes the guy was a "salesman" if I remember.

Spoiler

He wasn't a salesman. He just said he was as a front for that he was a break-in robber. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2
15 hours ago, Ares said:

Are newspaper salesman even a thing anymore?

there were definitely still people whose job it was to deliver papers and magazines to gas stations and such in the morning last time i worked at one lol.
if it was 2001, and presumably in development for a couple years, then yeah having a cellphone was still not the most common thing. maybe a pager.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, Pichi said:

what happened that made you not able to work?

i moved to canada, so unless i wanna work under the table, which is ill-advised as i'm attempting to immigrate uh, legally, i basically just have to take a big ass vacation until i get a visa y; 

1 minute ago, wildflower said:

i moved to canada, so unless i wanna work under the table, which is ill-advised as i'm attempting to immigrate uh, legally, i basically just have to take a big ass vacation until i get a visa y; 

o heck ya
i was worried i missed something bad

2 minutes ago, Pichi said:

o heck ya
i was worried i missed something bad

nawwww thank u for ur worry, it is a good and happy move and life is nice

so far my biggest complaint is a lack of grape jelly options at our grocery store and the fact that i have to pay with cash for everything because my debit card doesnt work which is DUMB