Koholint Island - N4A Chat Thread - April 2019

EH_STEVE

So uh, I'm coming into possession of more servers. Many, many more servers. As in, I'll have eight R720s, three R420s, and an R410 or two. I could resell them for a significant profit, but I'm looking to instead resell excess at cost to mates that could use them.

Crazy to think that the R720s combined have 128 cores, 256 threads, and 512 GB RAM. And I'll be keeping three or four of them for personal use. This is quickly turning into an expensive but oh-so-exciting hobby!

And yes, in the very near future I'm still planning on having Ninfora migrated to this outlandishly overspecced hardware. :)

27 minutes ago, Ares said:

Because no article is giving a straight answer and I can't watch videos atm:

Can someone just say "yes or no or unknown" if Persona 5 royal is coming to switch? 

Only seeing PS4. Next information for game being released May 9th 

Wait, Persona 5 S is something different from Persona 5 Royal? 

Like, if P5S is just a switch port just... Why go through the process of two announcements of what is probably the same game. :v

I'm just confused and even if tomorrow clarifies said confusion I'll probably be trying to figure why Atlus made things complicated. 

On 4/23/2019 at 4:11 AM, fuzz said:

Haha thankfully I finally spent some of my wildcards to build out my UR Drakes sideboard so I'm sticking to the traditional play mode for now.

Prerelease this weekend!! You considering playing?

I am! ... but leaning towards no atm, i'm feeling pretty burnt out :( You?

20 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Currently playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 and loving it so far. It's a lot like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

How similar is it gameplay-wise to VC1? I might get that for my Switch.

Very similar. VC4 was a return to form to the first game after the series took a detour on the PSP. While VC4 introduces some QoL improvements (e.g. tank costs one CP instead of two, the APC or whatever that glorified bus is called exists, etc.), tends to have more varied objectives, and has the grenediar class, they are very similar games. Like, the difference between VC1 and VC4 is comparable to the difference between Binding and Blazing Blade.

Edited by Ares

Hey Fire Emblem duders, I'm giving FE6 a chance again after originally being scared off back in like 2008 due to the crappy original translation (I'm still a dekinai) and kinda because of the supposedly skewed numbers and stuff. Seems the modern translation also comes with a number balance, but now I don't imagine I'd have too many problems with it.
This balance change seems pretty reasonable, though. Would you recommend the original experience or is something like this strictly more enjoyable?
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/54110-fe6-numbers-patch-v15-now-with-a-proper-description/#entry3788455
@Tyranogre

Just now, Pichi said:

Hey Fire Emblem duders, I'm giving FE6 a chance again after originally being scared off back in like 2008 due to the crappy original translation (I'm still a dekinai) and kinda because of the supposedly skewed numbers and stuff. Seems the modern translation also comes with a number balance, but now I don't imagine I'd have too many problems with it.
This balance change seems pretty reasonable, though. Would you recommend the original experience or is something like this strictly more enjoyable?
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/54110-fe6-numbers-patch-v15-now-with-a-proper-description/#entry3788455
@Tyranogre

Every time I play through FE6 I end up arena-abusing until all my units are level 20 promoted.

As such, I've never really had issues with the RNG beyond the first gaiden chapter.

If it makes the game more approachable for you, go for it.

7 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Every time I play through FE6 I end up arena-abusing until all my units are level 20 promoted.

As such, I've never really had issues with the RNG beyond the first gaiden chapter.

If it makes the game more approachable for you, go for it.

ah. yeah i've never liked doing that unless there's a particular unit i want to use who has no chance of getting levels reasonably. 
after this i'm probably tackling 4 and 5 again since i didn't finish those :B

Edited by Pichi