Koholint Island - N4A Chat Thread - April 2019

EH_STEVE

On 4/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, wildflower said:

idk man i understand the ableism that comes with video games and the lack of real work towards making things more accessible but im also firmly on the boat of like...not everything needs to be fully accessible to everyone, and its not the artist's responsibility to ensure that it is, either 

the game is meant to be hard, its their schtick and it has been for years and it fills a niche and 'git gud' isn't a deliberate roadblock meant for disabled gamers

if it isn't your thing, it isn't your thing, but the devs and creators shouldn't be flogged for not putting in an easy mode when that's not the kind of experience they're attempting to build 

sorry for responding to this late. I thought it was better to take a step back for a few days and cool off first. It's, yeah, as you say. There's only so much developers can do to make games accessible, and sometimes that frustration with that makes me lose perspective. I don't entirely know what else to add to that, I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks.

Edited by Ares
1 hour ago, Ares said:

sorry for responding to this late. I thought it was better to take a step back for a few days and cool off first. It's, yeah, as you say. There's only so much developers can do to make games accessible, and sometimes that frustration with that makes me lose perspective. I don't entirely know what else to add to that, I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks.

no problem, thanks for reading what i said at all

i completely think that gaming as a whole needs to work on being more accessible, i can understand the frustration that must come with a hobby you love with sometimes huge barriers to entry

i hope as the industry progresses we see more options available for all different kinds of people who game, without sacrificing artistic vision for it

Went to Best Buy earlier and looks like they moved things around again quite a bit

kinda got confused of where things were and was in there a bit longer than expected

And unless I’m mistaken, looks like they expanded into toys - there was a nice dual row with toys in them (and a few Funko Pops and Nendoroids here and there and one lone Figma with a handful of Overwatch merchandise)

If I had a lot more on hand and to spare, would’ve bought the Nendoroids/Figmas, but considering how expensive they are... unlikely will happen for some time

In replaying Ace Attorney trilogy I've come across turnabout big top. I mostly remember that as the "one case" you need to deal with to enjoy 2-4 (which, imo, is still the best AA case); I wonder if my opinion will change after all these years.

In general, I've tended to appreciate most of the cases I've replayed, so we'll see how 2-3 goes.

20 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

The biggest accessibility issue that I've come across is left-handed options for 3/DS games.

Which is weird because I can wield a mouse with my right hand just fine; I'm just left-handed for everything else.

i tried doing left-handed mouse when i was having shoulder pain for a while in my right and man that shit is hard. how did you manage it lol

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

i tried doing left-handed mouse when i was having shoulder pain for a while in my right and man that shit is hard. how did you manage it lol

I honestly don't know.

Maybe it's because I learned how to use a computer in pre-school before I learned how to wield a crayon.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:07 AM, Ephraim said:

Thanks! I played in the MCQ qualifier side event the next day... started off 4-0(!) but ended up 4-2.

Enjoying bo1? :P

Haha thankfully I finally spent some of my wildcards to build out my UR Drakes sideboard so I'm sticking to the traditional play mode for now.

Prerelease this weekend!! You considering playing?

This guy had his personalized plate pulled about 2-3 years for being offensive. It's his last name, and he's been fighting it ever since. Recently he's RENTED billboards with pictures of his license plate to try and get people to rally behind him:

4bPGIIc.jpg

VLEyLRv.png

image.png.f405ffcabd67cc4320b5f9cea09dacd9.png

he has a shitty last name, billboards should be illegal, and based on that brief explanation above, he seems insufferable 

people can spend their money however they want, but it'd make the world a much nicer place if instead of wasting his money and time on something so useless and selfish, he put it towards even an inkling of understanding of how prevalent sexual assault and rape are, the kind of men attracted to that kind of sentiment without knowing its his last name and thus permeating sexual assault language into everyday life and the women that have to deal with it every day 

but haha funny license plate. 

17 minutes ago, wildflower said:

he has a shitty last name, billboards should be illegal, and based on that brief explanation above, he seems insufferable 

people can spend their money however they want, but it'd make the world a much nicer place if instead of wasting his money and time on something so useless and selfish, he put it towards even an inkling of understanding of how prevalent sexual assault and rape are, the kind of men attracted to that kind of sentiment without knowing its his last name and thus permeating sexual assault language into everyday life and the women that have to deal with it every day 

but haha funny license plate. 

His main/only argument is "It's my name and I'm proud of it" - though when you fill out the form for a vanity plate it straight up says "even approved plates can be revoked by the registrar for any reason"

Plus I could change my last name legally to "ShitNips" and I don't think they'd be like "oh, well it's your name so you can have the plate"